Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chalkeyav
    • By chalkeyav 13th Apr 15, 9:30 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 6Thanks
    chalkeyav
    HMRC Repayment Pending
    • 13th Apr 15, 9:30 AM
    HMRC Repayment Pending 13th Apr 15 at 9:30 AM
    Hi All,

Done my tax return on the 6/4/15, checked the status on the 07th and it was showing bank repayment pending thought Ild phone up and see as this is the first time iv done my return myself.

Was told by advisor it would be issued the 10th but nothing as if today, am i being to hastey or should I give them a call again.

Iv seen a few things about security checks if anybody can possibly enlighten me on this or if anybody else has any previous experience.

Thanks
Page 76
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 5th May 17, 7:06 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    Check your repayments amount people.... mines been reduced by £500 with no explanation whatsoever I'm fuming now!!
    • Gstar1984
    • By Gstar1984 5th May 17, 11:52 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gstar1984
    Have you asked them why? They've obviously looked at it and amended it which means your payment will prob get issued Monday but £500 less mine has stayed same amount but still pending, said it was going through routine security as per
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 5th May 17, 12:34 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    Yeah mine went through security and apparently it's National Insurance related, which is odd as it tells me online I'm all up to date and nothing to pay! I'd keep a very close eye on it Gstar as mines been pending since 10th April
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 5th May 17, 12:38 PM
    • 1,706 Posts
    • 743 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    Where can you see class 4 self employed NI online?
    • Gstar1984
    • By Gstar1984 5th May 17, 12:52 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gstar1984
    Mines been pending since 8th April, was told that it was having routine security checks and would be back by 30th may and payment 3 weeks after, if they've reduced payment then from what I've heard in earlier threads is that your security etc is complete and they should issue your refund soon. It's such a bad system, I've always waited exactly a month so hopefully won't be much longer this year . I'm not holding out any hope though , check yours tomorrow as they can update on a Saturday and put Mondays date. ANYONE been issued today ???
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 5th May 17, 2:18 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    After I log in on my phone I can choose self assessment or national insurance which shows you your NI payments. Gstar I'd call them for an update as I was told 11th May then 20th and then a few days ago I was told by the 10th May. Mine cleared its checks, came back they tried to issue payment but that caused an error so it got checked again. What annoys me is the complete lack of communication.
    • Gstar1984
    • By Gstar1984 6th May 17, 3:19 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gstar1984
    Anyone been issued...still pending but called yesterday and they gave be a number for the security team but when ringing it doesn't recognise 🙄🙄 will call them Monday and ask for the number again unless anyone has it?
    • embear
    • By embear 6th May 17, 6:53 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    embear
    Hey, the security number my partner got given is 03000567170, he got through once to sort something out then had to call again to check something and it's not recognised, his is still pending 2.
    • Gstar1984
    • By Gstar1984 7th May 17, 11:55 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gstar1984
    Same number we got given 😡 So so bad the way it goes regarding paying money they owe. How long have you been pending ? Been pending since 8th April JOKE
    • embear
    • By embear 7th May 17, 6:06 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    embear
    Been pending since 8th as well. Very annoying.
    • Gstar1984
    • By Gstar1984 8th May 17, 4:46 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gstar1984
    Just got off phone to the security team and they have said an enquiry has been opened for my tax return and they are wanting proof of everything so anyone still pending from the 8th maybe worth giving them a call to see what's going on
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 9th May 17, 5:36 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    Oh ouch Gstar from what I understand that can take months! Mine has finally been issued today so should only be a day or 2 now (I bank with Lloyds so if anyone knows for sure when I should receive it that would be great)
    • Gstar1984
    • By Gstar1984 9th May 17, 8:31 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gstar1984
    Yay Steve happy yours has been issued 😀 She said it's quite straight forward but the figure they have in Cis account is well out from my figures , the figure they have would mean I had 16weeks off last year so as I pay tax at source and is deeducted from the people I sub contract from I think something is going on. I will just amend the return to the amount they have and see what they do . Happy spending
    • Gstar1984
    • By Gstar1984 9th May 17, 8:32 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gstar1984
    If you bank with lloyds will be in at midnight tonight 😀
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 9th May 17, 9:11 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    Gstar that's not too bad then, I'll still remain active on here so will help if I can, I'm also a subby, they seem to be targeting a few of us this year lol thank you all for all your help ��
    • Fletch0311
    • By Fletch0311 9th May 17, 9:49 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Fletch0311
    Thanks Embear for posting the contact number, just an advice to anyone else trying this number who is NOT a subcontractor - I have just been told by the very polite lady on the other end that this line is an enquiry line for subcontractors only, she couldn't help with my query since I am fully employed and there was no record on my file to suggest I had been directed to them.

However, Self Assessment say they have no way to contact the department which deal with the 'Security Check' (as I offered my assistance in helping with their checks) but they can tell me that there is a date of the 17th May by which the checks should be complete and I will receive a 'decision' on or before...a decision???I'm not applying for a mortgage! I am requesting that I am paid the money that I am owed.

I was also told that once the check is complete that the payment is usually issued pretty quickly. I just hope that by the time the 17th rolls around I'm not just fobbed off with some excuse to hold on to my money for longer when I could be doing something about it now.

Reading through all these comments it seems as if there isn't any set rules or procedures for this process - we are told a lot of conflicting information and no one really knows where they stand until it's all sorted......oh well, only time will tell.

Good luck peeps
    • ajdodson
    • By ajdodson 9th May 17, 10:18 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ajdodson
    anyone know the difference between payment pending and bank transfer pending? seem to be waiting ages this year
    • Lorenzo93
    • By Lorenzo93 9th May 17, 12:30 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lorenzo93
    Hi. My bank repayment was issued on 3th of may but still no money received...
    • SteveS89
    • By SteveS89 9th May 17, 7:38 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SteveS89
    Lorenzo have you contacted them? Bank transfers are usually a few working days after the date of issue, unless you're waiting for a cheque?
    • embear
    • By embear 9th May 17, 10:07 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    embear
    Yay Steve happy yours has been issued 😀 She said it's quite straight forward but the figure they have in Cis account is well out from my figures , the figure they have would mean I had 16weeks off last year so as I pay tax at source and is deeducted from the people I sub contract from I think something is going on. I will just amend the return to the amount they have and see what they do . Happy spending
    Originally posted by Gstar1984
    Gtstar, same has happened to my partner, the figure that he gave on tax return using the tax statement is different to what they have so need to send the proof in. I'm hoping after the receive that it won't be to long. They said that they aim to deal with the problem as soon as they have all the info they need. Fingers crossed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin