Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
    • Ches
    • By Ches 5th Mar 15, 8:10 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 10,371 Thanks
    Ches
    May I join in as well please. I think I fit the image more than I would like.

Frankly Silva my bosom could do with some hoisting...
    I've just paid the electrician and got the money out to pay the roofer at the weekend so am feeling considerably poorer.
    Originally posted by Possession
    Had to laugh at my mental connection of these 2 sentences.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 5th Mar 15, 8:14 PM
    • 4,020 Posts
    • 32,848 Thanks
    Floss
    Have hitched my bosoms a la Les and am leaning on the fence for a natter...

DH is about to resume his working away after 6months under my feet (love him really!) so am planning illicit MSE sessions while he's away...

Meanwhile, my allotment needs attention and I MUST plant my tomato seeds!
    • nuatha
    • By nuatha 5th Mar 15, 8:18 PM
    • 1,921 Posts
    • 23,647 Thanks
    nuatha
    Join the over-the-garden-fence gang, sheila, I know what you mean, a week is a long time in politics they say.....And a day can be a long time on these threads. nuatha has the hammer and nails to customise the fence to fit each one of us, he is the bloke among us after all, so it's his job! Oops, did I say something non-PC there?
    Originally posted by Nargleblast
    IT is the primary job, woodworking and cooking are both hobbies. So you're as likely to find me wielding a hammer as a rolling pin - though I do spend more time in the kitchen than the workshop.

Ivyleaf thank you for asking after Herself, she's much better than she was and we're hoping the improvement will continue.
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 5th Mar 15, 8:48 PM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 41,230 Thanks
    camelot1001
    Hello everyone, lovely to see a shiny new thread, thank you nuatha.

Looking forward to hearing what you are all up to, stilty enjoy your evening, Little Miss Stilty must be so excited to get her new wheels.

I'm having a relaxing evening, been at work then did my shift at the hospice for a couple of hours, back home and had to cook something for tea.

Sewing Bee on, aren't they all so clever?
    • wondercollie
    • By wondercollie 5th Mar 15, 9:18 PM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 8,274 Thanks
    wondercollie
    Given that its 12 months since I stopped smoking, wear my hair in a pony tail, though I sometimes wear an apron (generally I remember far too late in the cooking process) and the other reason I don't fit the mental image is that I'm male.

(though I do have fond memories of Les Dawson, who did fit the image and was also male)
    Originally posted by nuatha

Well, slap me with a soggy sock! I never knew you were male.

Mind you I never thought about it!
    • gran3
    • By gran3 5th Mar 15, 9:19 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    gran3
    They sure are, not watching this week live, will watch in peace when DH at work. The soldier who is so good must have the mick taken but he is so clever and precise.
    • nuatha
    • By nuatha 5th Mar 15, 9:30 PM
    • 1,921 Posts
    • 23,647 Thanks
    nuatha

Mind you I never thought about it!
    Originally posted by wondercollie
    I don't wear them as a rule, but wouldn't inflict anything that had been near my feet on anyone.

Hopefully my being male is unlikely to be an issue, I'm not squeamish and I'm fairly well house-trained (I don't even leave the toilet seat up)
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 5th Mar 15, 9:35 PM
    • 3,549 Posts
    • 41,230 Thanks
    camelot1001
    Originally posted by wondercollie
    That's exactly what I thought! This is what I like about these threads, you talk to folk and actually don't know anything about them!
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 5th Mar 15, 10:31 PM
    • 9,397 Posts
    • 55,275 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    And so the first day at the Garden Fence draws to a close........have work tomorrow so may not check in till tomorrow evening, goodnight all!
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash
    • Softstuff
    • By Softstuff 5th Mar 15, 10:42 PM
    • 2,664 Posts
    • 28,641 Thanks
    Softstuff
    I'm mature and voluptuous with lots of laughter lines and I walk with an interesting sway........

(o.k. old, fat and wrinkly with a limp but a positive self image is everything isn't it? )
    Originally posted by Doveling
    I'm an interesting brunette with bright green eyes and curves in all the right places (there's technically more grey than brunette now, the eyes sit in the shadows of some serious bags, and the curves are in the wrong places too ).

I'll give you a leg up so you can sit on the fence Hester.

Nutty, I'm not painting today either, so stiff I creak when I walk after 4 days of solid work. Hubby says he'll come help paint a bit over the weekend, so getting a few other things done today and having a bit of a rest too. Sorry I didn't send MIL for your oven, she's !!!!!!ed off to New Zealand on holiday instead (you can't get the staff these days )

Possession, did you kiss the money goodbye first? Having paid the builder, plumber, electrician and plasterer recently, I'm feeling rather empty here too.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 5th Mar 15, 10:49 PM
    • 1,835 Posts
    • 23,506 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Thanks for the new thread nuatha. I will have to change my image of you it fits silvasava better.
    I can't believe there is someone else who is only 4 ft 9 in. How about making a short bit for us littlies. Welcome all the newbies. I won't list all of your names there are so many. Most names are familiar from places I lurk.

I don't pretend to know what is going on but the last couple weeks I have felt that someone turned the heating and the light off. I did not feel like posting.
    • GreyQueen
    • By GreyQueen 6th Mar 15, 8:04 AM
    • 11,364 Posts
    • 218,663 Thanks
    GreyQueen
    Hey, an new thread. Nice one.

I'm presently PMSL at this Cissia and Ada sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZjVQOjBPJ_o
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)

• Pooky
    • By Pooky 6th Mar 15, 8:15 AM
    • 6,725 Posts
    • 41,561 Thanks
    Pooky
    Good morning one and all

I had great plans for today.....well I say great, they mostly involved house work and cooking but my sister is poorly so I'm back off to visit Mum today. Had a great visit yesterday and Mum managed to make a cup of tea and coffee - there was a sugar incident and a lack of tea bags at first but she realised her mistake and even managed to clean up after herself. A huge step in the right direction.

So this morning will see me whizz around with a damp cloth and a hoover and get the house reasonable. Then I need to do a couple of hours work before sorting out food for the rest of the day. DD1 cooked a huge pile of jacket potatoes last night so I shall reheat one of those for lunch before heading off for my train. Wont be home till after 10pm so I'd like to know the house is clean and tidy before I leave.

Need a serious injection of energy so more tea please!!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 6th Mar 15, 8:21 AM
    • 3,249 Posts
    • 51,792 Thanks
    silvasava
    Sorry Nursemaggie I'm nearly 6ft & do't have any bosom to speak of - I'm more like Hylda Baker's 'our Eli' (for those of you of a certain age!)
    GQ Hilarious clip & Les Dawson bears an uncanny resemblence to my dear departed MiL - the bosom hitching & facial expressions, absolutely lovely lady that I loved to bits.
    Watched the Sewing Bee last night - they really did put them through their paces with the fabrics. The three that are left are the right ones I thought.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • GreyQueen
    • By GreyQueen 6th Mar 15, 8:28 AM
    • 11,364 Posts
    • 218,663 Thanks
    GreyQueen
    I always thought Les Dawson's female character was brilliantly observed. Was it a Post Office advert where he was in that character and talking about what you could buy there and dropped his voice conspiratorially about a neighbour who was into *whispers* philately.

Never has stamp-collecting sounded so dodgy............
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)

• nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 6th Mar 15, 8:42 AM
    • 1,835 Posts
    • 23,506 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    No silvasava you misunderstand I mean my image of you was the image I have of nuatha so now I have to change it to a man. I know you are tall and slim from the make do and mend thread.
    • nuatha
    • By nuatha 6th Mar 15, 8:47 AM
    • 1,921 Posts
    • 23,647 Thanks
    nuatha
    No silvasava you misunderstand I mean my image of you was the image I have of nuatha so now I have to change it to a man. I know you are tall and slim from the make do and mend thread.
    Originally posted by nursemaggie
    My apologies for causing the confusion

I always thought Les Dawson's female character was brilliantly observed. Was it a Post Office advert where he was in that character and talking about what you could buy there and dropped his voice conspiratorially about a neighbour who was into *whispers* philately.

Never has stamp-collecting sounded so dodgy............
    Originally posted by GreyQueen
    Remember that one - it probably gave stamp collecting a major boost.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 6th Mar 15, 8:48 AM
    • 15,508 Posts
    • 126,403 Thanks
    JackieO
    He was a master of comedy i thought and not a swear word from him.Wouldn't it be great to see some of his forgotten sketches on tv today instead of the foul- mouth ranting thats called 'comedy' I am not a prude and have used a cuss word at times myself, but not in front of several million people Guess I'm showing my age, but swearing should not be on our t,v,s in our own homes where children hear and see it and then repeat.Can't blame the kids when they see adults doing it on t.v. Dave Allen managed to make folk laugh without it

Rant over ,just one of my pet hates.
    Re the bosom hitching ,at the moment I only have one to hitch but fingers crossed by April after my reconstruction op. I shall have a pair again,just awaiting a bed.Be great to be able to buy underwear again after eight years .But the mastectomy saved my life so what's a boob.Won't be a lop-sided swimmer either at least I will be able to swim in a straight line again
    Right off to have my cuppa and some breakfast, cereal and chopped banana for me
    Cheers chums have a good day
    JackieO xxx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 6th Mar 15, 8:53 AM
    • 4,946 Posts
    • 51,795 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Good morning fellow "fencers"

Meeting the grandkids from school today, looking forward to it as we haven't seen them for a few weeks.

This is an exciting time for their daddy; at the age of 42 he's about to start a brand-new career, training to be a nurse like DD
    • pondskater
    • By pondskater 6th Mar 15, 9:07 AM
    • 262 Posts
    • 1,124 Thanks
    pondskater
    Morning people! Loved Les and Dave, both truly funny men. Just about to go make brekky of cheesy egg rolls yum yum. Then it's off to get shopping in, though will need to be extra frugal this week, as took old dog to vet yesterday and he needed three lots of pills, apparently he has kennel cough....£60 well spent bless im.
    Haters are gonna hate - you're not obliged to participate
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,629Posts Today

10,170Users online

Martin's Twitter