Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 30th Dec 14, 4:13 PM
    • 3,686Posts
    • 26,743Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 9. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
    • 30th Dec 14, 4:13 PM
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 9. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting. 30th Dec 14 at 4:13 PM
    Hello, everyone I've been asked, ever so nicely, so shiny new thread for you all

Quote:

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accommodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accommodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck (nb - we run 4 challenges a year, generally either 12 or 13 weeks, with a fortnight off at the end of December , so they run Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep and Oct-Dec.)
    Last edited by Knit Witch; 08-05-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    "Shop" From Stash (5 skeins down!)
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
Page 2
    • kittycashless
    • By kittycashless 31st Dec 14, 2:01 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    kittycashless
    Hi

Could I please join this challenge?
    Had a bad accident 3 years ago that has left me with constant pain in my right leg and walking difficulties.Have put on 2 and a half stone since then and I WILL NOT put on anymore. It is difficult to exercise( though not impossible ) but I am determined to at least eat healthily and lose as much weight as I can.
    • dumpling
    • By dumpling 31st Dec 14, 5:38 AM
    • 1,374 Posts
    • 15,905 Thanks
    dumpling
    Hi there, I would love to join this challenge please. Can you put me down to lose 14lb. I was a lurker on the last thread but I want to come out of the shadows now and join in Good luck everyone x
    May GC - 202/200
    • Caterina
    • By Caterina 31st Dec 14, 6:55 AM
    • 5,740 Posts
    • 39,193 Thanks
    Caterina
    Hello Knit Witch and all the other OS slimmers!

Thank you for the new thread and I am really glad to read the intro rules, I agree wholeheartedly.

I might just start by only posting my daily food diary if ok, without agreeing on a specific loss. It would help me to get (and offer, of course) support without having the pressure to hit a target.

Thank you and happy new year to all.
    No challenges for February, just an easy life.
    • arsenalbarnie
    • By arsenalbarnie 31st Dec 14, 10:07 AM
    • 246 Posts
    • 1,375 Thanks
    arsenalbarnie
    It's a 12lb for me please kw
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 31st Dec 14, 12:34 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 26,743 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    could you put me down for 12lbs please
    Originally posted by MummyRivett
    Not a problem, you are added to the list

Hi

Could I please join this challenge?
    Had a bad accident 3 years ago that has left me with constant pain in my right leg and walking difficulties.Have put on 2 and a half stone since then and I WILL NOT put on anymore. It is difficult to exercise( though not impossible ) but I am determined to at least eat healthily and lose as much weight as I can.
    Originally posted by kittycashless
    Of course you can join the challenge! Just let me know how much you plan to lose in the 12 weeks and I can add you in, sorry to hear about the accident - that is why I am on crutches and struggle with my weight

Hi there, I would love to join this challenge please. Can you put me down to lose 14lb. I was a lurker on the last thread but I want to come out of the shadows now and join in Good luck everyone x
    Originally posted by dumpling
    Oooh we had a lurker! glad to see you coming out of the shadows, drag a chair up and have fun!
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 31st Dec 14, 12:36 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 26,743 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Hello Knit Witch and all the other OS slimmers!

Thank you for the new thread and I am really glad to read the intro rules, I agree wholeheartedly.

I might just start by only posting my daily food diary if ok, without agreeing on a specific loss. It would help me to get (and offer, of course) support without having the pressure to hit a target.

Thank you and happy new year to all.
    Originally posted by Caterina
    Not a problem Caterina - you can always be on the thread without joining the challenge!

It's a 12lb for me please kw
    Originally posted by arsenalbarnie
    12 pounds added to the challenge amount then arsenalbarnie!
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
    • cats ahoy
    • By cats ahoy 31st Dec 14, 12:37 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 758 Thanks
    cats ahoy
    Hi everyone, I would like to join the challenge!

I have a lot of weight to lose (around 70 pounds), and I need to lose at least 60 by September next year as I am getting married then, and I have just bought a wedding dress that is currently too small for me!

So my first target is to lose 20 pounds, so could you please put me down for that
    Getting married September 2015
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 31st Dec 14, 12:38 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 26,743 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    arsenalbarnie … 0/12
    BrassicWoman … 0/12
    cats ahoy ... 0/20
    dumpling … 0/14
    Knit Witch … 0/7
    MummyRivett … 0/12
    pollys … 0/12
    rubiesr4eva … 0/10

0 st 0 lb
    Last edited by Knit Witch; 31-12-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 31st Dec 14, 12:56 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 26,743 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Hi everyone, I would like to join the challenge!

I have a lot of weight to lose (around 70 pounds), and I need to lose at least 60 by September next year as I am getting married then, and I have just bought a wedding dress that is currently too small for me!

So my first target is to lose 20 pounds, so could you please put me down for that
    Originally posted by cats ahoy
    Oooh congratulations! (time to start dusting off the virtual party gear ready for the Hen Party next year then )

and 20 lbs it is
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
    • Jumps
    • By Jumps 31st Dec 14, 1:47 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    Jumps
    Hello everyone, can I join too?

I have dripped in and out in the past few years, lose a little and then put it back on
    I too have a lot to lose (about 70lbs) so please can you put me down for 12lbs?
    Hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year!

Jumps
    xx
    Debt Oct 2006 42,215.21 at highest. Debt Today 0.00
  • mousebolyen
    Hello could you put me down for 10 lbs please?
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 31st Dec 14, 2:08 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 26,743 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Hello everyone, can I join too?

I have dripped in and out in the past few years, lose a little and then put it back on
    I too have a lot to lose (about 70lbs) so please can you put me down for 12lbs?
    Hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year!

Jumps
    xx
    Originally posted by Jumps
    The more the merrier Jumps 12 pounds added!
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 31st Dec 14, 2:11 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 26,743 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Hello could you put me down for 10 lbs please?
    Originally posted by mousebolyen
    You are added as well mousebolyen - hmm last year in the first challenge we lost 24.5 stone - I wonder if we can beat that this year?

arsenalbarnie 0/12
    BrassicWoman 0/12
    cats ahoy 0/20
    dumpling 0/14
    Jumps 0/12
    Knit Witch 0/7
    mousebolyen 0/10
    MummyRivett 0/12
    pollys 0/12
    rubiesr4eva 0/10

0 st 0 lb
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
    • Pollybear
    • By Pollybear 31st Dec 14, 2:34 PM
    • 3,001 Posts
    • 56,450 Thanks
    Pollybear
    Hi, I've been on the challenge before but this time I just want to read along. Although I could do with losing (another) half a stone my main ambition is not to put on any of the weight I lost over the last 3 years. So I'm just really saying "Hi, I'm lurking and good luck to everyone". Hopefully this will keep me on the straight and narrow!
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 31st Dec 14, 2:44 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 26,743 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Hi, I've been on the challenge before but this time I just want to read along. Although I could do with losing (another) half a stone my main ambition is not to put on any of the weight I lost over the last 3 years. So I'm just really saying "Hi, I'm lurking and good luck to everyone". Hopefully this will keep me on the straight and narrow!
    Originally posted by Pollybear
    Good to see you back Pollybear and excellent news on only needing to maintain!
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
    • pm2326
    • By pm2326 31st Dec 14, 4:58 PM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 11,876 Thanks
    pm2326
    Hi Knitwitch

Assuming I haven't put on much weight these last 2 weeks I need to lose another 30ish lbs to reach my goal weight so could you put me down for 10lbs this time please.

When do you want first weigh in?

I know it's naughty but thinking I may treat myself to a takeaway tonight seeing as it's my last chance before challenge starts

Happy new year everyone
    Last edited by pm2326; 31-12-2014 at 5:03 PM.
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 31st Dec 14, 5:15 PM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 26,743 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Hi Knitwitch

Assuming I haven't put on much weight these last 2 weeks I need to lose another 30ish lbs to reach my goal weight so could you put me down for 10lbs this time please.

When do you want first weigh in?

I know it's naughty but thinking I may treat myself to a takeaway tonight seeing as it's my last chance before challenge starts

Happy new year everyone
    Originally posted by pm2326
    Got you pm2326
    OS Weight Loss 5/3
    • Caterina
    • By Caterina 31st Dec 14, 9:59 PM
    • 5,740 Posts
    • 39,193 Thanks
    Caterina
    Thank you Knit Witch.

I had a pleasant surprise today, I am still 13st 4lb, I feared I might have gone up, but in spite of Christmas excess I am still stable.

Today I have eaten without being too careful as I am having a lot of stress (boring boring), but even so, not too much and some of it quite healthy:

B: 3 small slices sourdough toast with butter and marmite
    L: very late, around 3:30, in a posh cafe, my celebration with DH, we shared 3 large salads (beetroot with lentil and feta; quinoa with raw veg; green beans and grains) and 3 pieces of cake (flourless chocolate; cheesecake; carrot cake).

No dinner. I am feeling ill with a cold and deflated by life stuff and am in bed, drinking herbal teas almost non stop.

Even with all the cake, which was not all that much in volume, I haven't eaten much at all I think, and glad that I am skipping dinner. The scales will thank me on a future weighing.

Happy New a Year and good night.
    No challenges for February, just an easy life.
    • BrassicWoman
    • By BrassicWoman 1st Jan 15, 10:09 AM
    • 1,171 Posts
    • 4,714 Thanks
    BrassicWoman
    thanks for keeping us organised knitwitch!

It's finally not frosty here so I've been up and out doing couch to 5k day one... didn't hurt *too* much! I need to plan a better route that doesn't finish with a blummin' huge hill though. I am sure I look a right state in my running lycra but everyone had hangovers today and there were only a few lone dogwalkers around, and I was so chuffed I managed the wee sprints that by the end I didn't care. I think it will take me longer than 8 weeks mind you...

Starting a couple of days early while I have the chance to plan so today will be...
    b - smoothie w/banana, raspberries, yogurt and rice milk
    l - veggie haggis (must remember to only eat half!), baked potato and veg
    d - veggie curry
    snacks - apple, nectarine, and if I go to the cinema will make up air popped popcorn to take with me.
    May GC 215/50 (oops)
    April 2016 GC: 24.09/ 20
  • moredaisy
    Hi everyone Happy New Year!

could I join please, I would like to start with 12lb loss please. Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

629Posts Today

4,821Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin