Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
  • GarethR
    MSE Leigh, I have had the same response as Hev83. The best bit is they title the doc FINAL RESPONSE!

I am happy to scan and send an email copy of the letter to you if you like, let me know.

How would I progress with FSO as when you go to their site it only gives you the PPI form to fill out?

Thanks
    Last edited by GarethR; 07-12-2014 at 5:27 PM.
    Official DFW Member 587
  • GarethR
    Yep that's the one rizla, they have used it in the doc they've sent me

Wonder if they are referring to this? http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/viewPDF.aspx?FileID=36802 cant find anything else on this subject there.
    Originally posted by rizla king
    Official DFW Member 587
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 8th Dec 14, 9:45 PM
    • 7,464 Posts
    • 7,848 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    Although Experian say the insurance is worth £6.40, if you ask to cancel they offer you the same product for £3.99, which is £11 a month cheaper.

I'm asking for the £11 a month. If you don't ask you don't get.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • vistavista
    I too have had a final response, and apparently there are now 5 related complaints that have gone to FOS. I will be taking my complaint to FOS as I am aware that other people have already been refunded. Not happy!
  • GarethR
    Does anyone know where you can get a template for this type of thing or is it just a letter we send, the one on the FOS site seems to just be for PPI? Thanks
    Official DFW Member 587
    • fermi
    • By fermi 11th Dec 14, 8:28 PM
    • 39,228 Posts
    • 47,072 Thanks
    fermi
    Form: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/form/complaint_form.pdf

And guidance on filling it in I think: http://images.moneysavingexpert.com/images/documents/fos-form-help-credit-expert.rtf
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • Mojohobo
    • By Mojohobo 17th Dec 14, 12:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mojohobo
    Same...
    MSE Leigh, I have had the same response as Hev83. The best bit is they title the doc FINAL RESPONSE!

I am happy to scan and send an email copy of the letter to you if you like, let me know.

How would I progress with FSO as when you go to their site it only gives you the PPI form to fill out?

Thanks
    Originally posted by GarethR
    Yep, I too had the same letter. I was originally quoted 4 weks for a resonse, then they emailed to say it's be 8 weeks. They've basically asked me not to go to the Ombudsman too
    • Alexbr0gan
    • By Alexbr0gan 17th Dec 14, 6:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alexbr0gan
    Update
    Just to update everyone I have sent over a copy of the final response letter from Experian, including the complaint form to the FOS.

I had a response from the Ombudsman thanking me for raising my concern and it says they will get back to me in 4 weeks.

Hopefully they can make Experian realise they can't hide from their problems!
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 17th Dec 14, 6:50 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    rizla king
    Yep, I too had the same letter. I was originally quoted 4 weks for a resonse, then they emailed to say it's be 8 weeks. They've basically asked me not to go to the Ombudsman too
    Originally posted by Mojohobo
    Dont let them put you off taking it to the FOS.

This has obviously got them very worried, and I expect they hope if they can limit the number of complaints the FOS gets then the FOS might be look more favourably on them.

EVERYONE needs to complain to the FOS so the FOS knows the scale of the problem and the dissatisfaction from ripped off customers.

EXPERIAN are trying to hide this from the FOS by putting you off complaining to them
    Last edited by rizla king; 17-12-2014 at 8:30 PM.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... <----- SIGNATURE - Not part of post
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 17th Dec 14, 8:22 PM
    • 9,876 Posts
    • 2,871 Thanks
    chanz4
    I the same don't go to the ombudsman, please wait lol 5 other cases
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 17th Dec 14, 8:25 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    rizla king
    Yes. Experian seem completely desperate to hide from the ombudsman the extent of this.
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 27th Dec 14, 9:10 AM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    rizla king
    Just to update everyone I have sent over a copy of the final response letter from Experian, including the complaint form to the FOS.

I had a response from the Ombudsman thanking me for raising my concern and it says they will get back to me in 4 weeks.

Hopefully they can make Experian realise they can't hide from their problems!
    Originally posted by Alexbr0gan
    Good. FOS needs to see how they are trying to trick people into not taking it to the FOS
  • GarethR
    I've written to FOS also so will keep you all posted on progress

Cheers and Happy New Year!
    Official DFW Member 587
  • Hev83
    Ombudsman all the way!!
    I have also now complained to the ombudsman just before xmas so waiting for their response! Will let everyone know what they say!
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 10th Jan 15, 1:10 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    rizla king
    Keep them going in. More the better.
  • Hev83
    Just had a response from the ombudsman saying that due to the number of complaints they have received it may take up to 6mths for the adjudicator to investigate thoroughly!!

At least they appear to be taking this seriously!!
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 28th Jan 15, 5:24 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    rizla king
    So looks like Experians attempt to brush this under the carpet by tricking people into not complaining to the FOS has falied.

Need to keep the complaints going in to the FOS. The more they get the better still.
  • GarethR
    Just had a response from the ombudsman saying that due to the number of complaints they have received it may take up to 6mths for the adjudicator to investigate thoroughly!!

At least they appear to be taking this seriously!!
    Originally posted by Hev83

Will expect something similar soon then, I sent mine not long after you Hev 83
    Official DFW Member 587
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 31st Jan 15, 12:27 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    rizla king
    Yes probly in post.
  • GarethR
    Received letter from FOS today.

Note that the company I am complaining about being Experian but complaint needs to be directed to Motorfile Ltd.

Also said that due to the high number of complaints received it may be up to 6 months, so same as above.

Will keep updated
    Official DFW Member 587
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,246Posts Today

8,104Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin