Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Have you enquired about your Northern Rock CCA loan

Yes, I have been awarded compensation

3.57% • 1 votes

Yes, I have been advised there is no valid complaint

3.57% • 1 votes

Yes, I am awaiting a response from Northern Rock/NRAM

57.14% • 16 votes

No

35.71% • 10 votes

You may not vote on this poll

28 votes in total.

Page 87
    • nickyc1
    • By nickyc1 25th Oct 16, 12:12 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    nickyc1
    That link does not seem to work?

And when was the update sent as I have not received anything?
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 25th Oct 16, 6:47 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    pt2537
    We sent out an update via our marketing team, it only went to those who werent involved in the 5 test cases. This was because the test case clients are obviously being updated as we progress forward.

I have asked our marketing team to check the newsletter against the list of people but it may be worth checking your junk file or spam folder.
    • poggs
    • By poggs 29th Oct 16, 7:42 AM
    • 109 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    poggs
    That link does not seem to work?

And when was the update sent as I have not received anything?
    Originally posted by nickyc1
    link should be

https://consumercreditlitigationanddebtcollection.wordpres s.com/2016/10/23/an-update-or-two/

for some reason it keeps on putting a space in the wordpress.com section. take it out manually and it'll work
    • jimbo5661
    • By jimbo5661 1st Mar 17, 4:33 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    jimbo5661
    Is there any progress on this or is it all over?
    • Lippyx
    • By Lippyx 1st Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Lippyx
    There are a few test cases taking place at the moment. They started end of last year. I'm afraid its a waiting game until the cases are finished, and then we'll know where we stand going forward
    • simpson_77
    • By simpson_77 19th Apr 17, 6:08 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    simpson_77
    are there any time limits as my loan is coming up to 12 years old (taken in 2005)?
    • goaten2000
    • By goaten2000 19th Apr 17, 9:38 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    goaten2000
    I get the sense this has just been swept under the carpet now. No updates recently, I contacted the solicitor that was looking to take on the test case and he has not responded
    • bigbadwolf500
    • By bigbadwolf500 23rd Apr 17, 9:21 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    bigbadwolf500
    Still very much in progress. There is correspondence between HC solicitors and Whisletree lawyers and maybe some cases going to court
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 19th May 17, 7:25 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    pt2537
    Sadly when legal proceedings are on going our hands are tied as to what we can say.

Proceedings have been issued.

We are taking them to Court.

We are very much moving these cases forward, indeed weve brought in more staff to cover these cases, so please do bear with us, theres lots happening but we cant publish it.

Hope this calms some of the nerves
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 19th May 17, 7:27 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    pt2537
    oh and just to add, each case will be dealt with on its own facts, so what one person may recover doesnt mean that another will get, there are literally tons of issues which flow from these cases. As i said, as soon as we know where we are with these cases then we will be speaking to everyone else
    • spsdjone
    • By spsdjone 10th Jun 17, 8:31 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    spsdjone
    extremely interested in hearing the outcome of these. mortgage taken in 2007 and financial advisor highlighted the CCA bit when going through it all. We also had no idea about the rate of the loan going up if unlinked from the mortgage until after we bought the property...advisor kept pretty quiet on that and even told us we would have no problem remortgaging with northern rock once our fixed rate came off....we all know what happened there!!
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 20th Jul 17, 4:15 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    pt2537
    Afternoon everyone.

I am hopeful to be able to release some very important news about the test cases shortly.

All i can say at the minute is that the news is very positive and now the hard work begins
    • KID77
    • By KID77 20th Jul 17, 4:49 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 423 Thanks
    KID77
    Thank you, look forward to hearing from you.
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
    • poggs
    • By poggs 22nd Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    poggs
    Afternoon everyone.

I am hopeful to be able to release some very important news about the test cases shortly.

All i can say at the minute is that the news is very positive and now the hard work begins
    Originally posted by pt2537
    Oh you big tease!

Ive still got 20k of the 30k loan i started with (along with the mortgage) hope to hear some happy news.

I missed the signing up time. hopefully i can jump on board
    • brucethefish
    • By brucethefish 28th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brucethefish
    Hi

I took out the mortgage plus loan back in 2007. Annoyingly I did 30K and repaid 6K when I realised I didnt need it but thats besides the point.

I was able to transfer my mortgage and loan about 3 years ago, would I still be entitled to anything should the case go our way?
    • worriedindebt
    • By worriedindebt 1st Aug 17, 9:32 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 1,468 Thanks
    worriedindebt
    Afternoon everyone.

I've had my unsecured element since 2007, found out recently I've only paid off about 1000 in ten years, it will never get paid in my lifetime 😢
    Thanks to all who post here
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 6th Aug 17, 9:34 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    pt2537
    Hi

I took out the mortgage plus loan back in 2007. Annoyingly I did 30K and repaid 6K when I realised I didnt need it but thats besides the point.

I was able to transfer my mortgage and loan about 3 years ago, would I still be entitled to anything should the case go our way?
    Originally posted by brucethefish
    Hi there

should be able to look at this even though the mortgage has been settled.

Its important to say that each case has to be considered on its own merits, if theres one thing to come out of the 5 test cases we have taken on, its that there is not two cases the same, they are all different, all have different issues. As a result, what can or cannot be pursued will depend on each case.

I will be blogging about this shortly in any event, and we will be sending out an email to everyone registered with us explaining what we are doing now, and what we can offer etc
    • brucethefish
    • By brucethefish 7th Aug 17, 11:09 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brucethefish
    Thanks, how do I register with yourselves?
    • Kevan67
    • By Kevan67 14th Aug 17, 4:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kevan67
    Hi there

should be able to look at this even though the mortgage has been settled.

Its important to say that each case has to be considered on its own merits, if theres one thing to come out of the 5 test cases we have taken on, its that there is not two cases the same, they are all different, all have different issues. As a result, what can or cannot be pursued will depend on each case.

I will be blogging about this shortly in any event, and we will be sending out an email to everyone registered with us explaining what we are doing now, and what we can offer etc
    I am in the same position having recently settled my mortgage but still having the loan outstanding.

I also have an issue with underfunding as well, where NR keep adding interest to the loan at the end of the year so it will never get paid off.

Can you let me know how I register with yourselves as well please?
    • Justice60
    • By Justice60 14th Aug 17, 8:41 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Justice60
    THANKS pt2537F
    Hi there
    Our Together loan and mortgage has moved to Landmark.
    I called them today to check a 70 over payment has been applied correctly to the unsecured loan amount part only. It hadn't for nearly 4 years!
    However they were very helpful and immediately rectified it adding over 3k back onto the unsecured loan part and have made a note that any over payments are for this purpose only from now on.
    I've only just read about the Together loan with Northern Rock and all up to this point so now can see whats going on. Wow what a story! So our unsecured Together loan was for 30k and now its down to 19k.
    I am so so pleased to have found this page. But feel very frustrated that we lost out on any refunds due to being under the 25k threshold. Could I please register my interest pt2537. Just to say thanks for all your support! Its people like you who restore my faith in human nature. I will pass it on!
    I really hope we get something back. I hate the fact that we are totally trapped in negative equity and have been for years. I also cannot believe how unfair the interest rate is on these Together mortgages.
    Your comment

' Afternoon everyone.

All i can say at the minute is that the news is very positive and now the hard work begins'

Sounds very very promising indeed.
    Thank you again for this help and support!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

181Posts Today

1,731Users online

Martin's Twitter