BoS statement format too obscure for Paypal (a/c suspended)

2»

Comments

• Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    One point in this thread. Are you absolutely sure this is a genuine Paypal message and not the usual scam. I get the e-mail once or twice a month telling me that my Paypal account has been suspended because of unusual activity until I provide further information.

Doesn't bother me in the least as I don't have a Paypal account.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I managed to get it converted to a PDF but now they are saying this:

The statement must show your name, address and account number exactly as they appear in your PayPal account and must have been issued within the last 12 months.

Well, IDK of any online statement that includes your address, and PP must know that millions go for paperless. Why are they interested in my external accounts anyway?
    Be_Happy wrote: »
    One point in this thread. Are you absolutely sure this is a genuine Paypal message and not the usual scam. I get the e-mail once or twice a month telling me that my Paypal account has been suspended because of unusual activity until I provide further information.
    Yes, the genuine Paypal message appears after logging into your account. Also, I didn't log in via an email link (like e.g. Nationwide invite you to do) because a genuine looking URL can lead to a cloned site. For those who take such shortcuts, try this:
    www.paypal.com
  • KJSmith
    KJSmith Posts: 152 Forumite
    When viewing your transactions through BOS Internet Banking you can click the "Print" button near the bottom of the page. This will open a new window showing a statement with your name, address, account details and selected transactions. This page can be printed and then scanned or you might have a PDF printer that allows you to save the page as a PDF (Google Chrome has this functionality built in).
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The anniversary of my account suspension is in a week so I thought I'd better do something soon or maybe lose the £24 balance that they won't let me have. In the resolution instructions it still states 'Submitted for review' under 'Upload a bank statement'. All the correspondence has been lost because they pointlessly delete it after 90 days. I'll have to ring up, but where does it state my account no.?
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    I'll have to ring up, but where does it state my account no.?

If you mean on the BOS statement.....if you click on 'statement options' at the top of your transaction list when viewing your online statement it will give you the option for 'monthly PDF'. When you use this option, the sort code and account number is in the top right hand corner.
    If I've misunderstood your post and you mean your paypal account number, apologies.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family