OR Meeting Done

Options
just finished my meeting with the OR and was good and straight forward.

Is it normal for them to take notes and then have me sign a copy ?

Comments

• LincsPaul
    LincsPaul Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    I imagine that's a standard way of doing things, so you can't claim they made something up. They definitely took notes on the phone when I had mine.

May I ask why you had a face to face one?
  • roughsea
    roughsea Posts: 87 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    not sure why it was face to face but it was a large debt
  • Mistygrove
    Mistygrove Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    This is the part I'm nervous about.
    Can you give me more info on what they ask.
    I'm so nervous and ashamed to be honest. How much delving into past do they do or do they just look at debts income outgoings and general talk about how you ended bankrupt ??

I'm in £27k debt and I need to go bankrupt but so nervous about it. Any info would be fab plz x
  • LincsPaul
    Options
    Mistygrove wrote: »
    This is the part I'm nervous about.
    Can you give me more info on what they ask.
    I'm so nervous and ashamed to be honest. How much delving into past do they do or do they just look at debts income outgoings and general talk about how you ended bankrupt ??

I'm in £27k debt and I need to go bankrupt but so nervous about it. Any info would be fab plz x

Hi Mistygrove

I had a phone interview the next working day after doing bankrupt (!). Similar sum to you although self-employment was involved.

All the guy asked was questions relating to why my drop in income happened and when and why the debts were incurred. Basically asking for more information than the application form allows. It lasted about an hour and was totally non-judgemental fact-finding. Then at the end the interviewer said no need for any further interviews, you probably won't hear form us again!

I haven't returned the paperwork yet authorising them to view my bank statements etc so they couldn't ask about any transactions and haven't seen proof of my debts yet either, so not much of an investigation! Overworked and understaffed insolvency service? I don't have many assets and no property so perhaps they didn't feel the need to bother wasting time on my case.

Very bizarre but pleasant-ish experience so far, so don't worry.
  • Mistygrove
    Options
    Cheers Paul.
    It's all very scary that folks are going to trawl through bank statements.
    (Nothing to hide I may add!) but still scary the thought of ya life being laid bare for them to read line by line.
    Thanks again
  • Mistygrove
    Options
    Oh I forgot to ask Paul. What do they ask for bank statements and .....????? What else
  • LincsPaul
    Options
    Sorry what I said was that I haven't signed the data protection forms yet, which enables the OR to request bank statements, loan agreements from banks and tax and benefits info from the government. You do not have to supply these as a matter of course as they can get them themselves (assuming they want to).

However I have had my interview already and they said that was that which is odd.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure