Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hmd1987
    • By hmd1987 18th May 17, 10:04 AM
    • 409Posts
    • 502Thanks
    hmd1987
    Redundancy/Other Roles
    • 18th May 17, 10:04 AM
    Redundancy/Other Roles 18th May 17 at 10:04 AM
    Hello, Not sure whether this should be in the redundancy thread or the employment thread....

So my wife was told 2 weeks ago that she was at risk of redundancy, but due to a weeks holiday her 30 days consultation didn't start until yesterday. The company have advised that they will help her look for another role with said company, but if no job found then she will be redundant at the end of the 30 days.

She has found 1 role, closer to home. No salary specified and she has an interview this afternoon. As there is no salary specified, I'm under the assumption (and hope!) that her existing salary wouldn't change. But the hiring manager (upon being chased by my wifes boss) has advised that she will have to take a drop in pay as the new role is only willing to pay up to £16k (currently on 25)? It seems unfair when on the job application, both on the intranet and on external job pages, doesn't list the wage or even a salary banding
Page 1
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 18th May 17, 3:06 PM
    • 29,450 Posts
    • 17,602 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 18th May 17, 3:06 PM
    • 18th May 17, 3:06 PM
    She is deciding the role is not a suitable alternative on a £16k salary she needs to make that known ASAP.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

181Posts Today

1,207Users online

Martin's Twitter