Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PlayingHardball
    • By PlayingHardball 26th May 09, 6:40 PM
    • 751Posts
    • 765Thanks
    PlayingHardball
    REMO-Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Order
    • 26th May 09, 6:40 PM
    REMO-Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Order 26th May 09 at 6:40 PM
    Hi all, has anyone got an ex who has moved to another country and stopped supporting their child, as in my case? My ex had been payinig through CSA for 5 years, suddenly got a job in Germany and now CSA can't do anything as he no longer resides here. My question is, has anyone out there gone the route I'm going with a REMO via the courts and been successful? I haven't had a payment since last June and the effect on my daughter has been significant, to say the least. Oh...and him? Well, he is still enjoying short breaks in his house in the south of france, nice one eh? Unfortunately for the ex-I'm not a quitter and am treating this as my 'newest hobby'.
    It would be great to hear a success story! Cheers everyone!
    Last edited by PlayingHardball; 16-01-2010 at 2:30 PM.
Page 22
    • Angrymum
    • By Angrymum 23rd Apr 17, 8:09 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Angrymum
    Hi I'm new to this but was recently told by the reforming csa that my ex who has never paid me a penny currently owes me 26000 and that I should start the process by contacting Remo . I know my ex lives and works in the Isle of Man and earns a very good wage and our two kids are now grown up one of them working , at first I thought , no Iv struggled all these years without the money why bother , but then 26000 !!!! So I have looked up this site , is it worth all the hassle ?if I start this will it go on for years with no return apart from anguish on my behalf ? WHAT DO I DO ?
    • CakeCrusader
    • By CakeCrusader 24th Apr 17, 7:25 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    CakeCrusader
    Hi I'm new to this but was recently told by the reforming csa that my ex who has never paid me a penny currently owes me 26000 and that I should start the process by contacting Remo . I know my ex lives and works in the Isle of Man and earns a very good wage and our two kids are now grown up one of them working , at first I thought , no Iv struggled all these years without the money why bother , but then 26000 !!!! So I have looked up this site , is it worth all the hassle ?if I start this will it go on for years with no return apart from anguish on my behalf ? WHAT DO I DO ?
    Originally posted by Angrymum
    Hi, Angrymum.

The problem you have, is that the Isle of Mann, although governed by UK Law, it doesn't come under the jurisdiction of the CSA/CMS. Were the arrears from a Court Order, or from an order issued by the CSA?

All of the info and contact details that you need are here; https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/remo020-eng.pdf

The Maintenance Enforcement Centre in Suffolk is incredibly slow, just to warn you. 26k is a lot of money, but there is a chance that you'll never see this so I wouldn't invest too much time and effort into it, if this makes sense (my ex owes me 5k and counting and I've spent 3 years waiting for the Maintenance Enforcement Centre to enforce the order, and I'm still waiting). It's worth a try though, unless it could drive you up the wall in the mean time.
    • Loveandlight
    • By Loveandlight 12th May 17, 12:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Loveandlight
    Thought I'd document my journey here. Just sent initial enquiry form (simply opens an account for you) to the bury office, they inform me they're currently processing forms from 20th Feb 2017. Slooooowww and I imagine from reading here it'll only get slower.

NRP in France. Probably won't share address etc.
    • CakeCrusader
    • By CakeCrusader 16th May 17, 11:22 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    CakeCrusader
    Thought I'd document my journey here. Just sent initial enquiry form (simply opens an account for you) to the bury office, they inform me they're currently processing forms from 20th Feb 2017. Slooooowww and I imagine from reading here it'll only get slower.

NRP in France. Probably won't share address etc.
    Originally posted by Loveandlight
    Complaining gets things moving, I've noticed. Mine was sent for enforcement last week, it's only taken the 3 years.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

691Posts Today

5,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin