IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Cockhedge Parking Fine

Options

Comments

• Duncan_Nimock
    Options
    have already appealed to them online using info from the thread on the newbies page. Do you know if the machine should issue a ticket when correct payment is paid? My wife is adamant it didn't but did take all four pound coins
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2016 at 5:22PM
    Options
    As I said, ParkingEye's machines CAN accept all the coins but not register all of them and not reject any.

Does your wife have any receipts for her/her mother's shopping that day. ParkingEye sometimes cancel PCN's if you have spent over £30.

Or bank/credit card statements (suitably redacted).

ETA: reading the link supplied by Castle, the machine should have issued a ticket. Doesn't mean that it did though.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2016 at 9:03PM
    Options
    have already appealed to them online using info from the thread on the newbies page. Do you know if the machine should issue a ticket when correct payment is paid? My wife is adamant it didn't but did take all four pound coins
    Yes, PE machines normally produce a ticket after paying...looks like Castle has nailed it:
    Castle wrote: »
    Well according to this handy guide all you have to do is input your registration number, pay what they ask and then press a button for a ticket:-
    http://www.cockhedge.co.uk/centre-news/parking-instructions-for-cockhedge/

I'm guessing the driver may have fallen foul of "step 5" and left after the expiry time?

BTW, PE have not read the appeal yet. The bullying reminder is standard, computerised guff.

Does your original PCN (NOT the reminder) have a blank space at the bottom like this example:

http://imgur.com/a/FOfr8

Or does it have an extra paragraph in the middle of that blurb, about the POFA/keeper liability after 29 days? PLEASE CONFIRM WHICH.

Also where was this, there are not many sites where PE still use the unfair system of expecting people to remember how long they parked for.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2016 at 9:00PM
    Options
    http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/14421941.Driver_wins_appeal_over___100_Cockhedge_fine_by_Parking_Eye/

And many more newspaper reports if you google "cockhedge parking" including the one I posted above concerning NO PLANNING PERMISSION (not shouting C-M).
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    DollyDee wrote: »
    http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/14421941.Driver_wins_appeal_over___100_Cockhedge_fine_by_Parking_Eye/

And many more newspaper reports if you google "cockhedge parking" including the one I posted above concerning NO PLANNING PERMISSION (not shouting C-M).
    Yes there are loads of related articles under that one! This OP can go to town on this POPLA appeal but I'd also like to know the type of PCN wording he/she has, as in my last posting above.
  • Duncan_Nimock
    Options
    Hi yes it has the blank at the bottom - exactly the same as the example in the link. The car park is the Cockhedge shopping centre in Warrington. On the day the machine wouldn't accept the reg number, when she finally got it to accept a number ( she isn't sure if t took the whole number ), she was advised by a guy in ahi vis who she assumed was the car park attendant that she needed to pay £4 for the time she thought she had stayed - this proved correct ( the pictures confirm this as 3 hours 32 minutes ), she then paid the £4 , 3 one pound coins of her own a further 1 pound coin that her mum gave her - this is why she's adamant she paid it because she had to the extra pound off her mum!. However, she is certain the machine did not produce a ticket even though it took the £4 and didn't reject the coins either. Unfortunately, as this happened over a month ago ( it took a month for them to send the PCN to us ) we no longer have any of the receipts. her mum had gone shopping, whilst my wife was having job interviews - she recently lost her job so we can ill afford stupid charges like this especially when the required amount was put into the machine.
  • Autolycus2000
    Options
    Unfortunately, as this happened over a month ago ( it took a month for them to send the PCN to us )

If I understand correctly, the PCN should have been sent within 14 days of the alleged contravention. By failing to do that PE has lost the chance to hold the keeper liable for the charge.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi yes it has the blank at the bottom - exactly the same as the example in the link. The car park is the Cockhedge shopping centre in Warrington. On the day the machine wouldn't accept the reg number, when she finally got it to accept a number ( she isn't sure if t took the whole number ), she was advised by a guy in ahi vis who she assumed was the car park attendant that she needed to pay £4 for the time she thought she had stayed - this proved correct ( the pictures confirm this as 3 hours 32 minutes ), she then paid the £4 , 3 one pound coins of her own a further 1 pound coin that her mum gave her - this is why she's adamant she paid it because she had to the extra pound off her mum!. However, she is certain the machine did not produce a ticket even though it took the £4 and didn't reject the coins either. Unfortunately, as this happened over a month ago ( it took a month for them to send the PCN to us ) we no longer have any of the receipts. her mum had gone shopping, whilst my wife was having job interviews - she recently lost her job so we can ill afford stupid charges like this especially when the required amount was put into the machine.

Parking lie don't normally have parking attendants because they would have to pay them which would eat into their vast profits. They normally just use unfit for use ANPR cameras. That doesn't mean to say this wasn't a parking lie employee, but it is unusual. Assume this was just another member of the public if you cannot be sure.
    If I understand correctly, the PCN should have been sent within 14 days of the alleged contravention. By failing to do that PE has lost the chance to hold the keeper liable for the charge.

This is correct where ANPR camera have been used, and will therefore be one of the PoPLA appeal points the OP will use.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 17 October 2016 at 1:00AM
    Options
    Yep, hence why my first question these days to ParkingEye victims at appeal stage is as above, does their PCN have a blank space/nowt about the POFA.

Hi yes it has the blank at the bottom - exactly the same as the example in the link.
    Hooray - note to everyone, we are seeing a lot of these and need to ask OPs every time! These should be slam dunk wins at POPLA stage.

You will win if we get POPLA right and you appeal ONLY as the keeper, not replying if they write & ask who was driving. You will win because there will be no evidence that the appellant keeper at POPLA stage was the driver liable.

Simple as that (should be). PE might give up at POPLA stage when they see a decent appeal.

Count yourself lucky for a late PCN with no keeper liability possible - two questions:

- this isn't a hire car, is it? If so we'd need slightly different POPLA wording for you.

- what was the event date and what was the 'date issued?
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    PE do use wardens in a minority of places .... as in Seel St Liverpool...

unless its a sheared location ?

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family