IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Cockhedge Parking Fine

Hi new to this recently had a PCN sent to me. My wife parked at the Cockhedge on 5/9/2016 and stayed 3 hours 32 minutes. On trying to pay the charge she had problems typing in her registration number - the machine wouldn't accept it. She thinks it eventually accepted it but was unsure what time she had arrived and overestimated, correctly , how long she had been there - she thought just under 4 hours . There was a man by the machine wearing a hi vis - she assumed this was the car park attendant who asked her if she was having problems to which she replied yes - she was still trying to get the machine to accept her reg number at this point. She was with her mother aswell and the man asked her what time she arrived - she told him about 10:45 - he said that the charge was therefore £4 - she then got her change out - she had £3, her mum gave her the other pound and she then paid the £4 ( note that this is the correct amount ) but the machine gave no ticket ( not sure if it should ? ) and did not reject her money. She then left the car park in the car. The PCN states that there was not appropriate parking time purchased or the vehicle remained longer than permitted ( neither of which is true ).

How can we prove that the correct payment was made? I've already sent an appeal to Parking Eye using the template on the NEWBIES page on here - have had no acknowledgement from Parking Eye but have had a reminder from them to pay before 14/10/2016 to get the discount. It also states on this reminder that PrkingEye v Beavis was won by Parking Eye - its almost as if they have read my appeal ignored it and sent this bullying reminder. My wife is adamant that she paid correctly but when she was having problems entering the reg number there was no info or help anywhere to be seen as what to do next - it was only the man in the hi-vis that offered help - as I said she assumed he was the car park attendant or possibly a Cockhedge Member of staff. Have asked the Cockhedge centre who legally owns the car park and have no response.

Please help - surely if cameras are used to record number plates entering and leaving then they should be tied to the ticket machines which should also work and provide a receipt for when payment is correctly paid - there should also be some sort of help shown for when the machines are not working properly.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport