Withdrawing from a fund

Hello,

I am about to open my first S&S ISA with CSD and have done some research into funds and trackers etc.

I plan to split £250 per month investment into two funds.

However, I am a little confused about 'unit value'.

For example I am looking at the BlackRock 100 UK Equity Tracker. Within the KIID it mentions:

'You can buy and sell your units daily. The minimum initial investment for this unit class is £100,000.'

CSD allows me to invest a minimum of £50 per month into this tracker - do I have to get up to £100,000 invested before i'd be able to sell a unit?

Apologies if this is a stupid question! I've done some searching around the internet and can't seem to find the answer!

Comments

• le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Yes you can withdraw smaller amounts. You are looking at the Black Rock website which has different rules if you invest directly with them. CSD will have different T&Cs.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    or example I am looking at the BlackRock 100 UK Equity Tracker. Within the KIID it mentions:

One assumes you are using that purely as an example and not something you are actually considering. If you are considering it then dont. Single sector investing is bad investing and picking the FTSE100 to track is an awful way to invest.
    CSD allows me to invest a minimum of £50 per month into this tracker - do I have to get up to £100,000 invested before i'd be able to sell a unit?

Direct investing with the fund house will have different limits to investing via a platform. The KIID assumes direct with fund house.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure