£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Comments

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Make that priority number one today! LIST THE BAG!!!! :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Week 5: Day 4

I have, in theory, a slightly less busy day today, so I have loaded my list with party prep. Not sure how much will get done, as I also have DC3 for company all day, but I'll give it a go. She can totally help wrap pass the parcel without eating all the inter-layer sweets, right?!

Ooh, good business/MS news - I had another booking paid for yesterday, so I now have all of April's minimum income AND all of May's. And I haven't even got to my end of month invoices, which should do a good chunk of June's (further ahead than I was at the end of last month) I really want to get three months in hand, and i'm hoping to be there by the end of April. Then I can start dividing my income a bit more evenly between saving for future months and debt overpayment. We haven't overpaid at all this month (apart from the inadvertent MBNA payment) because of trying to build up this buffer, and it's exceptionally dull.

To do today:
    1. Eat healthily and walk 10,000 steps (I feel so much better for doing this yesterday - I wake up with a groggy headachey feeling when I eat sugar and don't move).
    2. Do the hand washing lurking at the bottom of the laundry basket. Already done! Just call me superwoman.
    3. Social media for work.
    4. Follow up recent client enquiries.
    5. Decluttering children's room in anticipation of presents appearing on the weekend.
    6. Plan treasure hunts for both parties and print out pictures.
    7. Wrap pass the parcel parcels for both parties.

To do this week:
    1. List old unloved handbag on eb@y - this didn't get done last week, annoyingly.
    2. List old nursing chair on eb@y too, unless my mum wants it back (we 'borrowed' it 9 years ago, she had said before we can sell it when we no longer need it, but I will double check)
    3. Make more candles - essential oils are here and I am running low again! (I spent a fortune on scented candles before starting to make them!)
    4. Finish sock knitting and cast on socks for my dad's birthday.
    5. Pay preschool bill. Done!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • JoJoC
    It will be such an achievement to have three months' worth of salary tucked up in your business account and think of the freedom that will give you to not be fretting about covering the basics.

Hope all the party prep goes well! I'm so glad my kids are spread out birthday wise. Although my eldest is 12 days before Christmas so that's a bit inconvenient! The second is in July so couldn't have spread them out more if I tried!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Wow this thread moves fast. Just had a look at your new SOA. Am I right in thinking that there's a logical reason why your debts figure is lower than the total in your diary?
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • mfmaybe wrote: »
    Wow this thread moves fast. Just had a look at your new SOA. Am I right in thinking that there's a logical reason why your debts figure is lower than the total in your diary?
    Yes, it's because the interest on my loan is front loaded, so the number I actually see on the online banking is £30k-ish. I know it's not technically correct as once I start overpaying then that will reduce (we can overpay without penalty, but will crack the CCs first, unless we get a huge and long term 0% deal t some stage), but it's easier to check the total balance than it is to work out the exact number of pounds we've paid off at the moment!
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Lumanous
    Lumanous Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You're right, I need to list the freaking bag!
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Make that priority number one today! LIST THE BAG!!!! :)

I agree but I am also bad at this too, its easier once I get going but listing that first thing can take ages! I've found taking the pictures of it helps me. e.g. take the pictures when you have a free moment. Then when you happen to sit down at the computer later on that day for something else you find you already have the photos and info ready so it's a much smaller task :o might help you while you are juggling lots at once.

Keep up the good work!
    :A
    No, my username is not a typo :tongue:
  • Didn't come back yesterday, got caught up watching the news :( . Such a tragedy.

I didn't manage to list the handbag, but I did take photos, so i'm hoping to get it up tonight on a 7 day listing. If II don't do it tonight there's no point listing it till Sunday - I never do well on auctions finishing on a Friday or a Saturday night - so I really need to get it done at some stage today.

Yesterday's lists, before I start on today's:

To do today (yesterday!):
    1. Eat healthily and walk 10,000 steps (I feel so much better for doing this yesterday - I wake up with a groggy headachey feeling when I eat sugar and don't move). Didn't quite manage 10,000 steps, but did do over 7,000 and ate pretty well. I'm definitely less bloated and feeling less generally unhealthy, need to keep it up to actually shed some lbs.
    2. Do the hand washing lurking at the bottom of the laundry basket. Already done! Just call me superwoman.
    3. Social media for work. Did a little, not enough.
    4. Follow up recent client enquiries. Done. Hoping for another booking to be paid today.
    5. Decluttering children's room in anticipation of presents appearing on the weekend. Done! Had a mega spring clean and rotated the toys, need to spend another half an hour or so doing the last bits.
    6. Plan treasure hunts for both parties and print out pictures. Have done one, really chuffed with it, will do the other today.
    7. Wrap pass the parcel parcels for both parties. Not done, fell by the wayside as I was watching the news for so long.

To do this week:
    1. List old unloved handbag on eb@y - this didn't get done last week, annoyingly.
    2. List old nursing chair on eb@y too, unless my mum wants it back (we 'borrowed' it 9 years ago, she had said before we can sell it when we no longer need it, but I will double check)
    3. Make more candles - essential oils are here and I am running low again! (I spent a fortune on scented candles before starting to make them!)
  • Week 5: Day 5

On to today!

DC3 has preschool today, so I always run around like a headless chicken trying to get everything done for the 2.5 hours she's there.

Hoping to get another booking paid for today, which will mean I will officially be saving towards June's income, which would be pleasing.

To do today:
    1. Eat healthily and walk 10,000 steps.
    2. Social media for work.
    3. Finish decluttering the children's room.
    4. Plan DC3's treasure hunt.
    5.Wrap pass the parcel parcels for both parties.
    6. List the handbag on eb@y!!!
    7. Make pizza bases and sauce (some for dinner tonight, some for Saturday).

To do this week:
  • JoJoC
    C'mon, you can do it! You're half way there with the pictures done, I know you can make a killing on that bag, bridging the gap between your 8p and actually having some money for the rest of the month. :)

• I've done it! I've scheduled the listing for tonight! It will probably get about £8 now....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback