Melia Hotels - Amazon Gift Voucher?

Options
I booked a Sol Melia Hotel in Benidorm this week, for mid May.

Today I got an email, from Melia, saying I'd qualified for an Amazon £50 gift voucher which will be sent to me after the end of my stay.

I didn't notice any mention of this during the booking process, direct with the hotel online.

I haven't clicked on any of the links in the email as I'm concerned it might be a scam.

Has anyone else had this?

Comments

• paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    Take it up with the hotel direct in person when you're on site. Or give them a call.

It would be unusual for a Spanish hotel you booked direct with the hotel to spontaneously offer you a voucher, let alone one in GBP instead of EUR
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's a question that only needs to be asked once (if at all). See my response in your other thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5599563
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    It's a question that only needs to be asked once (if at all). See my response in your other thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5599563

I know it only needs asking once! I posted it here then thought it should have been in the Overseas holidays section so reposted it. Not very friendly, are you?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    zaksmum wrote: »
    I know it only needs asking once! I posted it here then thought it should have been in the Overseas holidays section so reposted it. Not very friendly, are you?

As I said here, I've given you an answer on your other thread. This was never the right place for it as your OP is not a praise, vent or warning, and having posted in a more appropriate place you could have said that here, and given a link to the new thread as I did, but chose not to.
  • ALEXANDER_HODGE
    Options
    I also got a gift cert. From melia.£50 amazon said ten days after holiday receive code have been home 3 weeks now but no code.email came from melia rewards so should be ok i will give it till next week then tel.
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't had mine yet either. Been home 5 weeks. Emailed them and they said there was a problem sending out the vouchers.

Has anyone actually had this offer honoured?
  • Gasmanzs
    Options
    Hi there, very interesting to read this post.

I booked online in march when they had an offer on with a £50 Amazon voucher.

It's now been almost 10 weeks since I returned from my stay and after many emails and phone calls, I'm being told that melia have a problem with their account with amazon.

I today spent a lengthy amount of time on the phone to melia and demanded that I either receive my voucher or a £50 refund to my payment card, only to be told to call back in two days time. I've explained to them that as a valued customer, they should be updating me as I'm fed up of chasing them and getting no further forward.

I asked many times to speak to a manager or be put through to someone that can give me answers but I was told it was impossible to be put through to a manager and they can't give me details to speak with a manger. I asked to speak to the ladies boss but she said she had many. I've asked for a recording of the phone call as I shall take this further but when I stated that the call would be recorded, she answered may be.

Seems to me like that they are more than aware they have a problem here, and I'm certain it won't just be us with the issue. Their lack of customer service skills is dreadful, and they clearly have no loyalty to their customers. Let's get this sorted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure