International Car Movement - refund?

Hello all,

I paid to have a vehicle shipped to the US. However between paying for it and the date it was arranged to be shipped the vehicle was involved in an accident and was quite seriously damaged.

I contacted the shipping company informing of this and that I wished to suspend the shipping until the vehicle was repaired. They were happy with this.

With the moving around that I was doing at the time the vehicle wasn't repaired and being overseas it slipped my mind with everything else going on.

This was some time ago... about a year ago and going through my files its come back to me. I have no need to ship the vehicle now and I'm about to see if I can claim the money back.

Before I contact them, does anybody know where I stand on this issue?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Humdinger wrote: »
    Hello all,

I paid to have a vehicle shipped to the US. However between paying for it and the date it was arranged to be shipped the vehicle was involved in an accident and was quite seriously damaged.

I contacted the shipping company informing of this and that I wished to suspend the shipping until the vehicle was repaired. They were happy with this.

With the moving around that I was doing at the time the vehicle wasn't repaired and being overseas it slipped my mind with everything else going on.

This was some time ago... about a year ago and going through my files its come back to me. I have no need to ship the vehicle now and I'm about to see if I can claim the money back.

Many thanks.

You'll need to refer to the original contract you agreed with the shipping company.

Perhaps take a copy of that contract along to your local CAB office and they will advise you further on where you stand.
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Humdinger wrote: »
    Hello all,

Many thanks.

Hi Humdinger - we'd recommend that you contact our Consumer Helplone (08454 04 05 06, 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays) - and to have the contract with the shipping agent to hand when you do. Alternatively, you could contact your local bureau and arrange to speak or meet with an adviser.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure