Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 473Posts
    • 2,659Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
Page 194
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 27th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    fluffig
    I guess im being auto filtered from these.

/sadface
    Originally posted by blackste
    Well you cheered me up - at least I know I'm not the only one hardly getting any Just 2 today so far for me at £1.25 each. Still £2.50 more than nothing
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 27th Jun 17, 6:24 PM
    • 2,583 Posts
    • 4,192 Thanks
    Smodlet
    That's double what I've had, fluffig; guess there's always someone worse off than you, huh?
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • MusicInMe
    • By MusicInMe 27th Jun 17, 8:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    MusicInMe
    Very interesting study I can't take part of as I don't use Facebook at all (study require to have Facebook and Twitter account)

Psychology research study exploring the use of self-presentation on social media - Study 2 involving a chatroom task

prolific.ac/studies/58b15474f76c7700016a5bf8

Available Places : 0/150
    Reward: £ 16.50

Study Description
    Our study should take 90 to 120 minutes although this will take place over multiple sittings in the week ahead, and not all at once. All data collection shall be online.

First, we will ask you to complete a personality test about yourself and also ask you to nominate two close friends or immediate family members to complete the same personality test about you. You will need to provide their email addresses and your email address.
    Second, we will ask you to take part in three 15-minute online interactions with another person in a chatroom-like environment. This could take between 45 and 60 minutes altogether. We will contact you via email to arrange the best time to join the chatroom. When you interact in the chatroom, you will be expected to be respectful and abide by a code of conduct. During these interactions, you may be asked to adopt a different persona or be interacting with somebody who is adopting a persona.
    Third, we will ask to view your Facebook and Twitter profiles so we can understand the types of language you use online.
    • lj876
    • By lj876 27th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    lj876
    Just to reassure people, I've never bothered looking for codes if it isn't automatic and if a study doesn't automatically complete I just hit submit. I've always been credited without issue. I've done hundreds over a couple of years so it isn't just 'luck' on a couple.

I've had 5 today and narrowly missed another so still a reasonable amount
    Originally posted by warby68
    Yep, all my NOCODEs have been approved - they tend to be the ones that are approved quickest actually, although that may just be coincidence...

Also waiting for another 48p to go through from my account balance so I can cash out.
    • blackste
    • By blackste 27th Jun 17, 8:37 PM
    • 1,009 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    blackste
    Very interesting study I can't take part of as I don't use Facebook at all (study require to have Facebook and Twitter account)

Psychology research study exploring the use of self-presentation on social media - Study 2 involving a chatroom task

prolific.ac/studies/58b15474f76c7700016a5bf8

Available Places : 0/150
    Reward: £ 16.50

Study Description
    Our study should take 90 to 120 minutes although this will take place over multiple sittings in the week ahead, and not all at once. All data collection shall be online.

First, we will ask you to complete a personality test about yourself and also ask you to nominate two close friends or immediate family members to complete the same personality test about you. You will need to provide their email addresses and your email address.
    Second, we will ask you to take part in three 15-minute online interactions with another person in a chatroom-like environment. This could take between 45 and 60 minutes altogether. We will contact you via email to arrange the best time to join the chatroom. When you interact in the chatroom, you will be expected to be respectful and abide by a code of conduct. During these interactions, you may be asked to adopt a different persona or be interacting with somebody who is adopting a persona.
    Third, we will ask to view your Facebook and Twitter profiles so we can understand the types of language you use online.
    Originally posted by MusicInMe
    I completed it today, and it was interesting. A little convoluted, as you have to complete a personality survey, then get 2 other people to do the same survey about you. After that is a chatroom session, then i final survey. Well worth the effort though.
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 27th Jun 17, 9:56 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    Advice receiving
    Available Places : 72/100
    Avg. Completion Time : 5mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 15mins
    Reward: £ 0.50
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • Lucyxx
    • By Lucyxx 28th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    • 3,069 Posts
    • 6,687 Thanks
    Lucyxx
    Study_1c_Count_Cond_Full
    Hosted by : LIP lab
    Reward : £ 2.75
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £5.5/hr
    Available Places : 77/120
    Maximum Allowed Time : 75mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 30mins

No tablets or phones - need to download software into browser
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 28th Jun 17, 11:19 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    Food Diary study - £2.50 177 places left
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 28th Jun 17, 11:27 AM
    • 142 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    fluffig
    Criticism at workplace
    Available Places : 184/200
    Avg. Completion Time : 40mins
    Estimated Completion Time by researcher: 40mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.91/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 100mins
    Reward: £ 5.27
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 28th Jun 17, 11:56 AM
    • 631 Posts
    • 592 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Criticism at workplace
    Available Places : 184/200
    Avg. Completion Time : 40mins
    Estimated Completion Time by researcher: 40mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.91/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 100mins
    Reward: £ 5.27
    Originally posted by fluffig

Ooh I'd have preferred that to the Food Diary study.
    • blackste
    • By blackste 28th Jun 17, 12:10 PM
    • 1,009 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    blackste
    I would be happy with any today

/sadface

haha
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
    • chi-lover
    • By chi-lover 28th Jun 17, 12:17 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    chi-lover
    Psychology research study exploring the use of self-presentation on social media - Study 2 involving a chatroom task.

Hosted by : James Doodson
    Reward : £ 16.50
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £43.05/hr
    Available Places : 43/200
    Maximum Allowed Time : 1440mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 23mins

Must have Facebook and Twitter accounts.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 28th Jun 17, 12:25 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 592 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I completed it today, and it was interesting. A little convoluted, as you have to complete a personality survey, then get 2 other people to do the same survey about you. After that is a chatroom session, then i final survey. Well worth the effort though.
    Originally posted by blackste

Do you have to give them the emails of the other people as part of the initial survey completion?
    • chi-lover
    • By chi-lover 28th Jun 17, 12:30 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    chi-lover
    Do you have to give them the emails of the other people as part of the initial survey completion?
    Originally posted by Mrs Soup
    Sorry should have put the rest of the requirements on. Here they are:-

Study Description

To take part in this study you should:

Use both Facebook and Twitter, having had both accounts for at least one year
    Primarily communicate on social media using English
    Be aged at least 18 years old
    Live in the United Kingdom
    Be able to dedicate one hour to communicate in a chatroom (we will arrange a convenient time by email)
    Not be a prisoner or in prison
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 28th Jun 17, 12:55 PM
    • 3,408 Posts
    • 13,176 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Available Places : 92/300
    Avg. Completion Time : 5mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £18.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 20mins
    Reward: £ 1.50
    Parliamentary Mavericks

DFW £523.71/£7348.71
    Rent Arrears £271.28/£3381.28

June 17 PA £121.25 + £70 Cash + £30 Amazon
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 28th Jun 17, 1:29 PM
    • 3,408 Posts
    • 13,176 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Available Places : 71/240
    Avg. Completion Time : 17mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £4.24/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 24mins
    Reward: £ 1.20
    How we form first impressions of people (#001)

DFW £523.71/£7348.71
    Rent Arrears £271.28/£3381.28

June 17 PA £121.25 + £70 Cash + £30 Amazon
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 28th Jun 17, 1:37 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 592 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Available Places : 71/240
    Avg. Completion Time : 17mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £4.24/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 24mins
    Reward: £ 1.20
    How we form first impressions of people (#001)
    Originally posted by Hiddenidenity

I thought this one was really tight for time given that we were being asked to write free text. I have never been so close to timing out and I rushed through the last few.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,240Posts Today

9,417Users online

Martin's Twitter