The All New MSE Running Club.

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    @MallyGirl Good luck with the progression.
    I much prefer 10k and upwards than 5k.

If you want to go faster enter a race and get dragged along by someone ;)
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • indesisiv
    Forumite
    Last run done this week until I race 10 miles on Sunday. Just a quick circuits strength session tonight. And probably about 5 miles walking on Sat cheering people on in a race I am going to support.

So far this week:
    Mon: Intervals 40 secs hard (5:15 mins/mile) 90 secs recovery x 12
    Tues: 5 mile progression run 1st Mile 7:42 last 6:43
    Wed: 9 mile progression run, 1st Mile 8:23 last 6:20
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,564
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    have a good one.

I am doing day 2 of my 5k to 10k plan tonight - warm up, 10 min jog, 3 min tempo run, 10 min jog, cool down. Sounds manageable :)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • indesisiv
    Forumite
    Smashed out a new 10 mile PB in todays race running quicker than 70 mins :) including running 19:49 for the first 5k! Well pleased with that :)
  • MallyGirl
    Senior Ambassador
    Impressive.

PR was same time as last week (so still 1 min slower than 2 weeks ago) and the twinge in my hip/muscle right at the top of the back of my thigh came back. I suspect that I did too much last week, plus it was much colder and very muddy/slippery. 2 months ago I hadn't run for 5 years (and only did a couch to 5k and 2 park runs back then) and then last week I went out 4 times. I rested yesterday and today and will do run club tomorrow night (assuming all is well, it already feels better than it did).
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • indesisiv
    Forumite
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Impressive.

PR was same time as last week (so still 1 min slower than 2 weeks ago) and the twinge in my hip/muscle right at the top of the back of my thigh came back. I suspect that I did too much last week, plus it was much colder and very muddy/slippery. 2 months ago I hadn't run for 5 years (and only did a couch to 5k and 2 park runs back then) and then last week I went out 4 times. I rested yesterday and today and will do run club tomorrow night (assuming all is well, it already feels better than it did).

Big increases in distance are most definitely not recommended!
    Hope its nothing serious.

Heartily recommend the derwentwater 10 mile race. The scenic nature is enough to catch your eyes and take your mind off the fact that you have over 200m of climbing in the race :rotfl:
    And it was nice excuse to go over to the lakes with the added bonus that I could support a few of my mates that were running in the lakeland trails series.
  • MallyGirl
    Senior Ambassador
    sounds lovely - maybe next year!

I am sure I have just worked a few muscles that have been happily asleep for many years. I noticed it most when I leapt out of bed on Sunday morning (a dog suddenly making the 'I am about to vomit' noise while lying on your bed will have that effect) and my left leg sort of gave way a bit. Taking it easy now.
  • indesisiv
    Forumite
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    sounds lovely - maybe next year!

I am sure I have just worked a few muscles that have been happily asleep for many years. I noticed it most when I leapt out of bed on Sunday morning (a dog suddenly making the 'I am about to vomit' noise while lying on your bed will have that effect) and my left leg sort of gave way a bit. Taking it easy now.

We will definitely be going back next year. There was 6 of us entered this year and all loved it.

Just been for a gentle 6 mile interval session. The legs are feeling slightly better now they have had a bit of a workout.
    Gentle week this week as I have a 7 mile cross country race on Sunday.

Hope your leg is nothing serious!!
  • indesisiv
    Forumite
    Loved running through the mud in the sunshine today :) Nearly 7 miles of hilly cross country racing.
    Its nice to be able to run in November with just a running vest and shorts on ... especially after the last weeks cold weather.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    It's so cold here today...what do you all wear on your runs when it's cold?
    The sun is shining, but its so chilly!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport