How long does it take ATOS to send medical results?

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question so sorry if its not.

I went for my ATOS medical for ESA in February but still havent received my results. Should I have had them by now???

I am still receiving my payment every 2 weeks at the normally WRAG rate but have heard nothing at all from the medical.

Should I be chasing this up and if so is it ATOS I would contact or DWP? I dont really know who deals with this. I am just really confused and tired of the whole thing.

Thank you
Emma

Comments

• rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    EmmaKay wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I went for my ATOS medical for ESA in February but still havent received my results. Should I have had them by now???
    If by results, you mean the medical report - I'm not sure you do get this as a matter of course.
    I certainly wasn't sent it.

If you mean the determination on your case - I'm not sure if they notify if there has been no change in circumstances.
    For me, it took a month for them to decide after I got the medical.
    I'd advise phoning them and asking the status of your claim.
    As you've continued to get payments - it's most likely they either haven't decided for some reason, or simply haven't notified you as there is no change in your benefit.
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Hi Everyone,

I am still receiving my payment every 2 weeks at the normally WRAG rate but have heard nothing at all from the medical.

Should I be chasing this up and if so is it ATOS I would contact or DWP? I dont really know who deals with this. I am just really confused and tired of the whole thing.

Thank you
    Emma
    if you have had a medical then atos send a computer generated report to the decision makers at the dwp who then make a decision of entitlement the dwp that Is not atos
  • EmmaKay_2
    EmmaKay_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Thanks for your replies. I never really thought of it as no change of circumstance.

I failed my first medical nearly 3 years ago getting 0 points and had to appeal the decision and won getting 42 points. I wondered how they could have got it so wrong in the first place. The decision makers said it was possibly because I had a positive outlook on things:rotfl:.

So I never received a letter at all this time and I just wasnt sure how long the turn around time was. I will ring the DWP tomorrow to try and find out. I really want to know how long it has been granted for this time. I have a neurological problem that no one seem to be able to get to the bottom of. I keep being asked to be a case study for students etc as theyve never had such a strange and exciting case. (For them it might be - I would just like my body and brain back please!)

Thanks
    Ex
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Thanks for your replies. I never really thought of it as no change of circumstance.

I failed my first medical nearly 3 years ago getting 0 points and had to appeal the decision and won getting 42 points. I wondered how they could have got it so wrong in the first place. The decision makers said it was possibly because I had a positive outlook on things:rotfl:.

So I never received a letter at all this time and I just wasnt sure how long the turn around time was. I will ring the DWP tomorrow to try and find out. I really want to know how long it has been granted for this time. I have a neurological problem that no one seem to be able to get to the bottom of. I keep being asked to be a case study for students etc as theyve never had such a strange and exciting case. (For them it might be - I would just like my body and brain back please!)

Thanks
    Ex
    they will inform you by phone and post the result of your medical if you have not heard anything it means no decision has been made yet
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure