Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Would love to join in, I have made at start, Poundland 25p loads of Frozen items. 10 little prezzies for great nieces and little friends, Cards wrapping paper and little knitted stockings to use as gift bags.

Santa wine bottle covers 50p each of Ebay, paid a £1 for them last year. and four gifts received that I wont use and can re gift.

Now have to organise somewhere to house my stash and make a note of what I have and for who.
    Slimming World at target
  • Got some Totes slipper socks in the factory shop today £2 from £5. They'll go nice with someone's pressie.
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • Bought my mum some reindeer bedsocks(have a bobble for the nose) yesterday-down to £3. For a 71 year old anything goes with my mum, the more quirky the better. It's amazing what my daughter buys for her nan that I think my mum won't wear, then I see her happily trotting around wearing said items:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello to all the new members, it's really nice to read the details what everyone is doing.

Katiehound, glad to hear you are on the mend. I never imagined you'd have so many clips.

There are two birthdays this month, I'm on top of one of them but have to co ordinate other people's cards/gifts (for DS2) and have to remember to buy a card for the second birthday as I don't like the cards I already have at home.

I'm supposed to be going to a Wassail on Saturday and want to think up some kind of hat or something with greenery attached to my coat but I'm not certain I still want to go as something has cropped up unexpectedly.
  • My daughter wanted to pick up some Christmas socks from Tes*o-3 pairs for £2 as we don't know when we can get back when and if they will be reduced further.

Just by chance while buying cat food, noticed on the small toy aisle opposite, connect 4 (smaller ones) down from £5 to £1.25:j
    Bought 3, well chuffed as they will be used for birthdays and because they have to be sent, I always have to factor in postage aswell, so a really good buy:money: that I know will be played with.

Many thanks for the warm welcome everyone, it's nice to talk Christmas and birthdays etc and I've got my daughter into looking out for thoughtful presents at cheaper prices......esp as she is soon to become a poor uni studen!

Didn't want anything from the Boots sale but a quick mooch around this morning, there were a couple of things I saw.......I just don't want to battle a sale and the items are not online:(
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Picked up a couple of Disney Activity tins in Home Bargains today for 1.99 each. Lovely tin with activity book, stickers and felt tips. One for a Birthday pressie and one for a part Christmas pressie.

Best of all I am still using money left from last years Christmas fund as had quite a bit left over.
    Slimming World at target
  • Excellent bargain hunting!

Dxxx
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    I'm 99% sure that's its boots 70% sale 2mor...

I have £100 vouchers - earth via vouchers from surveys - plan is add £20 should be able to get £400 worth of goodies xxx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Oh that's excellent!

I'm in work all day tomorrow so probably won't get a chance to go but hope you get loads of bargains!

Dxxx
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 January 2017 at 11:55AM
    Very frustrating about the Boots sale, I only want a Sanctuary item.
    Speaking to one of the assistants I know and she said they had people queuing outside last Wednesday and this week, with people giving abuse when they found out it was still 50%, which I find just awful, I've been hit by many a basket in the past aswell:(
    I had popped into the card factory next door for a birthday card, they had some beautiful Christmas gift bags 75% off -big gift bags worked out about 37p:T so picked a couple up for myself and some for my mum.
    Have been really lucky with bargains this year.......only problem is my mum wants a couple more of the gift bags now so back to the shop later or tomorrow:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family