Options

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

PF - Thanks for starting us off this week
    Love and hugs to all that need or want one, apologies for not posting but been really low and this has been aggravated by lack of sleep (some nights 3 hours some nights none :o). So fed up of waiting for a date for DH's operation, our life is on hold until he gets it - they tell us he needs the op as a matter of urgency but can't give us a date - so frustrating. Meanwhile DH is still going to work, he's going to retire after his op, he's so exhausted though it worries me but he just plods on and never moans. DS is being a real trooper and I feel so proud of him.

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Another little list

Packed lunch for DH - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Bump sales posts -
    Washing & line dry -
    Craft -
    DS to dentist at 4.30 -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -

Advice please ebay sellers - is it worth selling magazines? - have some craft mags that are in excellent condition, would you sell at fixed price or auction?

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ziggy, I remember Foxgloves saying that she sells craft mags that her sister gives to her, so, yes! :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    Options
    Twins wrote: »
    Morning everyone! :)

I'm a bit happier today as British Gas man turned up yesterday and said the leak just needed some tubing and new clips...phew... so glad it wasn't anything more than that. He's back tomorrow morning to fix it when he has the parts.

FatVonD, sorry to hear about DS and being messed about. How old is he? My DS was considering an apprenticeship originally but now he's decided he wants to do A levels.

WFH all this week so lunch will be sourced from cupboards. Today I need to:

- Try and have another NSD as have chicken in for tonight so plan on making spicy KFC style chicken goujouns with home made potato wedges and broccoli
    - I'm getting slightly addicted to Swagbucks and the surveys and have completed quite a few and qualify for £5 Amazon voucher but I want to aim for the £25 in cash so I need to keep going!
    - Need to try and get a workout in at home today seeing as I missed one yesterday
    - Have to have a hunt around in DS room for the missing other half's of her socks....she literally seems to only have one that every comes out of the machine and is terrible at putting pairs in the wash!
    - Need to check banking to make sure I stay on track before pay day which is next Thurs
    - Will keep looking for a good deal for a 2 night get away. It's mine and DH 20th wedding anniversary in June and we want to go away somewhere just for a couple of nights. Thinking about Lake Geneva but the hotel I like it pretty pricey! I'll keep searching :)

That's it from me, enjoy your day everyone ;)

He'll be 20 in August!

Unfortunately he's already dropped out of two college courses and would have to pay to go back to college now which I'm loathe to do with his track record! This was really his last chance at some kind of formal education/training.

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi gang,

Gosh DNMS - how frustrating!!!
    FVD - what a rigmarole for your DS. :(
    Ziggy - sorry to hear you've not been getting much sleep - sounds like a stressful time for you waiting for your DH's op. :grouphug:
    foxgloves - thinking about you my lovely. xx
    Big love to everyone else :grouphug:

I changed the payment amount on my next CC to take account of the snowball now other CC has been paid off :T

Also checked banking and YNAB.

Not much else tbh and just noticed the time and need to rush to job#2....

xx
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 April 2017 at 8:36PM
    Options
    Evening all,
    Sorry to hear how unhelpful the college were to your son FVD. Just out of interest, he is by no means too old to do an apprenticeship, see https://www.gov.uk/take-on-an-apprentice/employer-grants-apprentices I should imagine a lot of employers would prefer someone a bit older, as there are bound to be extra rules and restrictions etc for under 18s. Maybe a complaint is in order!

Ziggy, hope you get a date for your OH's surgery soon.

Just sat down after cooking a huuge meal for DS, his GF and 2 sons, OH and I. Luckily, there is plenty left for tomorrow, so minimal cooking then!

Apart from that:
    Walked the dog - free exercise
    Minimal extra spends for spur of the moment big meal - picked up veg and bread rolls for dinner from the market, as it is much cheaper than the SM, just needed another jar of mayo from Iceland, everything else we had already :) OH cooked a big joint of pork (from freezer) hog roast style (he worked for a while for a butcher who did hog roasts at markets and events and knows how to do it just so :D) and I did all the trimmings and salads, and made a pudding.
    Used salad items that needed using up!
    Did HM coleslaw instead of buying it :)
    Made a rhubarb and walnut crumble using rhubarb from the garden :)
    Took some more items to my sales unit
    Cleaned most of the house
    Put more business stock away
    A few surveys for onepoll

Now got to tackle the mountain of washing up, and sort out an untidy pile of receipts that is really annoying me!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FvD - my bil was taken on as an apprentice at the age of 24 so I wouldn't think for a second that your ds is too old at all. I wouldn't give up on it just yet.
    Ziggy - much love to you. It must be so horrible to be stuck in a limbo of waiting for something urgent but not knowing when it will be happening.
    Foxgloves :grouphug:

My nsd was scuppered by the arrival of a small war when ds discovered that dd had eaten 'his' chicken dippers yesterday when we were out and that there were none left for his lunch today. I had to quickly pop to the freezer shop and spend £1.98 on 2 boxes of chicken bits so that they could have one each.

Other than that - quiet ish day. Tutoring this afternoon for a couple of hours (extra £), usual housework and 2 loads of washing done and line dried :D Also got a bit of marking done :T, some crochet and ticked 2 jobs off the 'annoying' list. So overall a success.
  • FatVonD
    Options
    Thanks, all, we'll have to look into it some more, I had just thought that as the college contacted him and said it was the second stage of the process after he applied for a specific apprenticeship that that particular application was still ongoing.

If I get the job I applied for maybe I could pay the fees for a college course but I'd need some serious reassuring that he was going to stick with it this time.

To be honest, a week before starting his catering course he said he wanted to change to do car mechanics but I talked him out of it as he'd already done two years of a catering course one day per week while he was at school and it seemed a shame not to follow up. He also didn have the required A-C maths and English that was required, I'm not sure if that's still a requirement if you are paying for the course.

I was nearly asleep an hour ago and then realised I couldn't hear the cat snoring, I'd locked her out in the back garden in the rain. She has forgiven me though and the abscess is a bit smaller already.

I missed the YS run tonight so the cheapest option for tomorrow's lunch was 60p for a couple of sausage rolls. I managed to get two packs of raspberries marked down to half price, I've eaten one and have decided I prefer them when I've frozen them first and eat them when they're only half defrosted!

Second attempt at sleeping now, night all!

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Friday Frugalistas,
    Today I will be using own brand woodstripper to finish stripping our large bow windowsill. Mr f is on a half day so intends to undercoat as much of the lounge as possible. We are using all our odds & ends of pale/neutral paint from the shed as extra layer of free undercoat as need to obliterate some very vivid purple. Dinner as per meal plans.....jacket potatoes with freezer dive finds. Mr f is having lamb stew on his. I'm having the last portion of turkey chilli.
    Other things - will need to unpack & put away our online shopping order. Managed to get a £1 'green' delivery slot. 4 bags to be dropped off at charity shop. £20 cash to be paid into bank account to keep budget accurate. Water baby veggie plants & pack heated propagator carefully away in shed ready for next year.
    Have a good day, all.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) just a quickie for me before I spring into action! Happy to report 1 of the 2 courgettes seeds that I had almost given up on has germinated :j I really hope the other one does too as it's a crookneck variety that I haven't tried previously. Been down to the greenhouse and things are coming along nicely :D

Not much plans today except work and then this evening a few hours on my masters application - deadline is looming! A bit peed that something has been put on me at work that clearly should be management doing - a report of the investigation of a client that died. Can't believe this has been put on me! Will have to have a proper read of the pages and pages of guidance and might have to go back to the manager and say I think this is not for me. How can I conduct and investigation into my own work????

other than that I am currently cooking kidney beans soaked yesterday before work. I've done madam lunch & got a ys ready meal out of the freezer for oh. Just need to put mine in a tupperware

dinner will be lasagna for oh & madam using batch cooked spag bol and I will have a bean chilli mmmmmm

Will need to pop to Mr T and pick up some nappies today so will use payqwik app to get the final 50 point bonus :D Whoop just checked my balance and I have achieved my target for £10 in reward vouchers when they are issued. This will be converted into £40 restaurant vouchers and has been achieved by wombling receipts and the 500 bonus points for using the app :money:

opps time is ticking better go and get ready!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Feeling slightly frazzled today. Was up at 1am as there was a cat fight outside that sent my lot into action using me as a spring board to get to the window with some growling and pacing around.
    Got up and stayed 10 minutes outside just in case it involved missing kitty. It didn't but did get talking to a big white cat that decided to sneak back around. All of a sudden a chap comes cycling round the corner whistling as he was cycling, with a quick 'hello' he then jumps into his car and drives off. I was just getting into bed when I heard the car coming back. Slightly surreal night to say the least
    Didn't get anything really done yesterday that I wanted to do except for meeting and basic bits- i even forgot the cat litter.
    Finally DD has managed to get her student finance and accommodation applications in, despite numerous problems including systems crashing, getting locked out etc. Relieved it is done
    Just about to do the cat cleaning, dishwasher and washing to go on and then training session this afternoon if I can keep my eyes open.
    Jumping in the shower in the minute so I can get out to get the litter.
    ziggy thinking of u, it's horrible that u are expected to keep ur life in limbo when waiting for operation news. Hoping that ur OH hears something soon.
    DNMS fantastic about one of the courgette seeds germinating. My friend grows them every year, really fancy having a go next year.
    Off to cat clean, have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills