NST - Amazing Aperire

Options
Welcome to April’s NST challenge – it is believed that the word April comes from the Latin word Aperire which means to open.

Spring officially started on 20th March so in April we are really at the start of Spring and this month I want to celebrate all things Spring.

Also in April we have Daffodil Sunday on Sunday 2nd April and Primrose Day on Wednesday 19th April.

April is also the month the Cuckoo and Swallow return – who will be the first to hear or see one?

23rd April is St Georges Day – St George was a Roman soldier who protested about the Roman torture of Christians – as a result he was killed for his beliefs.
I think sometimes those of us who follow the MSE way and especially the Ninja Saving Turtles challenge can be seen as odd and different to the norm – I want us all to stand tall and proud of what and who we are. We should continue to live how we want to no matter what others say.

Thanks to all Turtles for joining the thread this month.

Rules:

Aim – for at least 16 NSD’s (unless you want to set your own).

Plan – it’s a new financial year, everyone needs to write a new budget taking into account increases in bills. Do you plan ahead for annual and non-regular spends? If you don’t then now is the time to think about these outgoings and plan for them each month.
Once you have your new budget make sure your debts are paid on 1st of the month to remove the temptation to spend on other things.

Rest – make some time for yourself this month to just rest and recuperate. We all rush around but this month we are going to slow down and savour the moment. Now the nights are lighter could you sit outside with a drink or even start eating outside?

Invite – I would like everyone to arrange to meet up with family/friends this month. Can you arrange to meet up with someone you have been meaning to? Some of us will have a long bank holiday weekend for Easter – this might be an ideal time to visit relatives far and near.

Love – I want everyone to love their garden this month. Back in September when I did the challenge everyone had the task of putting the garden to bed for winter – well now we are going to get the garden out of bed!!
Can the garden furniture now come out of the shed?
Can you start planting seeds ready to grow your own fruit and veg? If you are not green fingered start looking out for smaller plants which just need planting out.
Or what about buying some flowers to plant? It’s too late to plant daffodils for this year but you can always buy them and plant them ready for next year. Or primroses are for sale in the shops at the moment and are sure to brighten up any garden.
The birds will need feeding – can you fill the bird feeder? Could you buy some fat balls or in the MSE way make your own?

The challenge will run from 1st April 00:01 until 30th April 00:00.

Please post as much as possible to let us know your progress.

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 April 2017 at 8:25PM
    Options
    1. Eager_Elephant
    2. mothernerd
    3. Toni'sfriend
    4. swimminginaseaofdebt
    5. misstara
    6. SkintTeacher
    7. indigowarrior
    8. Fmess
    9. bizzie
    10. applemucher
    11. XSpnder
    12. greent
    13. Calling14
    14. thriftylass
    15. crazy_cat_lady
    16. f0xh0les
    17. abundant1972
    18. short_bird
    19. FurryBeastOz
    20. Determined diva
    21. Lauralozzle
    22. Jo Blogs
    23. clippy_girl
    24. ilovetea
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Count me in EE.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Me too EE. I'm determined to finish this month no matter what life throws at me.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Can you add me please? Merci!
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Count me in please EE.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    Yes please! Me oooh ooohoooh me!
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Please sign me up! and I am aiming for 12 nsds as I over planned last month.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me please :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I join in please.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Me too, please!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure