Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Bought my mum some of her favourite chocs after Christmas, still with a brilliant best before date on them but got them for half price I'm amazed I haven't eaten them!
    Checked out her favourite perfume, the cheapest place is B@@ts, have vouchers from the RM surveys I can use.
    So it's just trecking thru the garden centre on Sat looking for a Rosebush that she would like with orange flowers.......and then extracting half the money for the presents from my brother as we always go joint on occasions like mothers and father's day.

Ditto with the chicks, we got big box of black magic for £3 after Xmas as well.

Have to say there left untouched.... I hate dark choc xx

Miss hoodie been raiding my stock for her friends bday, she's having Tesco toiletries set (£3 in sale...), she's def a chip off the old block xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mum2one it was black magic I got aswell. Not a fan of dark chocolate either, but did get into black magic by chance after pinching one of my mum's chocs in the past.
    Great news about Miss hoodie, it's amazing what they learn and it stays with them. My DD is off to uni this year and has nearly all of Christmas and most birthdays sorted just by copying what I've done. She now keeps a present book aswell and likes seeing the savings she has made. It's the first year she has really done it:T
    chanie my niece was thrilled with her travel wallet:j
    dollyrockerit's a shame about the marzipan fruits, and frustrating about not knowing the best befores:(. Me and DD were in a certain supermarket at the right time after Christmas and the chocs that were reduced that still had great best before were amazing. Managed to get my favourite chocs for my brothers birthday-4.50 off.
    Good news about getting the vouchers and u r monitoring Amazon for DH present. I would do exactly the same to get the best price:)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    Happy mothers day to everyone tomorrow. Not just those of us with children, but all women.

I bought my mum and MIL a bunch of tulips for Mothers Day. I begrudge buying flowers that will be half the price the following week, so I will only buy a reasonably priced bunch. I love the simplicity of tulips so that's what I got. I bought MIL a scarf from OH, but MIL saw something she wanted today and so OH bought it for her. The scarf scanned at a lower price so I've decided to keep give it to MIL for Xmas rather than returning it.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Went up market and went to m&s... gone on for meal deal and saw the reduced flowers...
    £25 reduced £4.40
    £20 reduced £3.50
    £10 reduced to 70p

Xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    A belated santas challenge.... march

Clocks
    Although it was Sunday the clocks went back, have a quick whip round the house to see if you missed any ( central heating clock for me)

Mother's Day
    As usual the shops would have enticed us in for Mother's Day gifts / flowers / chocs. Generally most shops have reductions this week. For flowers add a small squirt of bleach to the water ..... sounds really mad but it works a treat.

Garden
    This seems to be the time to start the garden, if you do need lawn mowers etc most places have seasonal clear out of last yrs stock, and reductions on new stock.

Easter eggs
    Easter is the next bank hol / wallet spending day.... don't forget Easter Sunday all big supermarkets: diy etc are closed. As for buying eggs all shops are trying t compete with each other

Christmas prep
    Hopefully as each month approaches there 1 less bit of Xmas prep to be done, recheck the lists, those that haven't got a present / part present - set a budget - keep a.note in ur purse : handbag so if you spot the bargain of the century- u can grab it.

Summer clothes
    This might seem a bit premature --- ur if your looking for certain summer items grab earlier than later... from experience last july trying to get swimwear / shorts for miss hoodie was a ngtmare ...

Online deals
    Look at online deals if you shop at particular shops some do have yr long passes for postage ... e.g. New look it's £9.99 for yrs pass / once you have had 2 or 3 deliveries you're in profit.

Money making
    From other sites receipt scanning seems to be the new one on the mArket, like all fee sites it's going to a build up to get enough points to claim a prize but if it's free.
    Receipt hog - android and apple based....
    shopprize uk - android only app

Each site has different levels of how many receipts etc... but if your near Asda and happen to see a receipt floating around you can always check online to see if it can be price matched

Wool
    I do t know if anyone knits / crochets - I have found an shop in Blackpool - they have a store via Facebook, so far I had 3 sets of deliveries and have been impressed - they have sale wool starting at 50p ball, most of the wool is £1 for 100gs (postage is £3 for up to 18balls)

Lollys wool shack

Car boots
    Now the season starts for car boots, they can be a Gd way of clearing out / killing an hr and having a wonder around.

School fetes
    Same principle for school fetes generally Easter / summer fetes, so if told r a parents start a little box in the corner - there he donAtions for x,y,z
    Also worth a look as a lot of school now tend to have the outside stalls in - you can get a variety of items

Me time
    Me time - whether it's a bubble bath, glass of wine, read a book, take some me time.....

Recipe / cooking
    With it being Easter - think of choc .... so have some fun and I corporate chocolate into a receipt.

Birthdays
    We're nearly at the end of march - so if your doing 3 mths at a time start checking the lists

Miss hoodies corner
    Have we Saved the best for last.....
    Hidden cupboards / forgetten spaces ./ hidden draws in bed .. I'm sure we all have that one space which doubles / triples up / haven't got a home it goes there.
    Give this space a sort out.....

Dare we ask what is the oddest / oldest / weird thing you found.

Argos
    I promise I don't work for Argos - just a bargain hunter
    My fav part of the website is clearance, this way you can log into you ur store or anyone you fancy...
    Last ngt hunting throu mine - I found my mums bday present ... 9ct white gold and diamond ring... they say the original price £149 reduced to £32.
    She's over the moon...

There might be something there might be nothing - it's always worth a look

Xxxxxx
  • Happy_Kitties
    Breaking my spends down for the grocery challenge on another thread, March has been an expensive month with birthdays, landmark birthdays, getting easter eggs in etc, even with buying during the sales and throughout the year. I always try to buy one present a month in my grocery spends so monies won't be missed on one item, it's amazing the difference it does make at Christmas, really feel more prepared without being broke during December.

Haven't really done much else, a little bit of the garden has been sorted and I think I will have a bit more of a sort out and clean of cupboards.

mum2oneI also like the clearance section with Arg@s, have picked up some great deals in the past
  • Happy_Kitties
    Bought 2 tins of biscuits in nice tins today in Tesc@s down from £4 to £2:j
    Really good best before date into March next year.
    Great for top up presents, one tin wrapped and ready for Christmas. Just got to stash them away now, if they're out of sight and out of mind I won't eat them :D:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Hi all just come across this thread and would love to join if possible please

I'm trying be super organised this year as I have 4 children my youngest is 1 24 April the other 3 birthdays are 20,24,28 December so it's very very expensive

I ordered my sons first Christmas or birthday present the other day ( I decide as I wrap lol)
    I've ordered 3 puzzles tonight for my daughters on Amazon again for Xmas or birthday

I've got love to shop vouchers coming in September hopefully as it is a struggle pay my monthly DD for them

Everything is brought for my daughters 1st birthday I just need pay my credit card bill for her main present and I need to buy her cake and balloon and everything is prepared

I love shopping for Christmas. I have wrapping paper in my loft I brought outdoor Christmas decorations in the sale

I have Yankee candles 3 cath kidston mugs 1 niVea gift set ( unwanted gift) and a Marc Jacobs perfume gift set all put up for Christmas

Sorry for rambling hope everything I put is ok.

Thanks xxx
  • Picked up my Mothers Day 2018 gift today, cup, keyring and pomander - £3.45.

Also have a look on House of Frasers, some great deals on beauty at the moment.

Bayliss and Harding 4 crackers £10.00 reduced to £2.00

Elizabeth Arden Holiday set £349.99 reduced to £50.00

I'm so tempted but don't really think anyone I buy for would appreciate any of the goodies on offer.

Dxxx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Chezcpdm wrote: »
    Hi all just come across this thread and would love to join if possible please

I'm trying be super organised this year as I have 4 children my youngest is 1 24 April the other 3 birthdays are 20,24,28 December so it's very very expensive

I ordered my sons first Christmas or birthday present the other day ( I decide as I wrap lol)
    I've ordered 3 puzzles tonight for my daughters on Amazon again for Xmas or birthday

I've got love to shop vouchers coming in September hopefully as it is a struggle pay my monthly DD for them

Everything is brought for my daughters 1st birthday I just need pay my credit card bill for her main present and I need to buy her cake and balloon and everything is prepared

I love shopping for Christmas. I have wrapping paper in my loft I brought outdoor Christmas decorations in the sale

I have Yankee candles 3 cath kidston mugs 1 niVea gift set ( unwanted gift) and a Marc Jacobs perfume gift set all put up for Christmas

Sorry for rambling hope everything I put is ok.

Thanks xxx

A big hi, sounds like u have a busy December, sounds like ur getting a good headway..

Ramble, waffle away ur amongst friends xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family