Baby steps towards mortgage freedom

Comments

• Thanks for the wishes of luck ch4rly2002 but my meeting was cancelled late last night and now wont happen until end of the month. My boss had to go out to a meeting or something so it needs to be re-arranged - all that worrying for nothing (typical).

In the end me and Button still went down to the office as Mr Moomin had promised to take us for lunch after the meeting and said offer was still there - me and my little one are not ones to say no to food, so we had TGIs which was very yummy.

I sent across the April OP of £340 today but because of bank holidays I don't think I will be able to update my signature until after next weekend.

We are off on holiday tomorrow so will be back next week hopefully with some plans to bring in some extra money - I just want to have a chat with Mr Moomin while we are away to make sure they are feasible and not total laughable. We have not told Munchkin about the trip yet and I can't wait to see his face in the morning when we tell him :D.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Have a great trip xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • We are back - the trip was lovely and I thought Munchkin was going to combust with excitement :D. We told him we had a surprise and took him to Longleat Safari first which he loved - the monkeys jumped all over the car which was fun as there were a few baby ones.

He didn't realise we were staying down there until after the day at Longleat - he was very concerned he hadn't got his toothbrush until I told him I had packed it! I ate far too much (7lbs heavier this morning :eek:) but it was such a nice break and we were so lucky with the weather. Swimming was definitely Munchkin's favourite and he had a go at crossbows. Button just enjoyed being cooed over by everyone I think and getting to try lots of different food :rotfl:.

Certainly a change coming back to the Midlands after all the greenery. I am originally from the South West and don't think I will ever get used to living here, our long (long) term plan is to move down towards Bath when Mr Moomin retires.

So obviously no OPing news from me. I was lucky and won £150 on this month's Bonds but it gets re-invested back in as the money in the Bonds is used for something specific so I don't touch any winnings either. Also upto £10.75 on YouGov which I am happy with.

Have spent this morning getting our washing done and packed away. Also reconciled our joint account to double check we didn't overspend. Munchkin is with my mum today so just me and Button today - we had a quick walk this morning but it was quite windy so didn't stay out long. Have a few emails to catch up on while she is still napping so off I go!

Hope everyone is having a good week :)
  • ch4rly2002
    ch4rly2002 Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion
    Sounds like you all had a great time at Longleat. Don't worry about the extra few lbs, I'm sure they'll drop off again soon, and the pleasure lasts not only while you were there enjoying the safari and all the lovely food but the memories last a lifetime too.

Well done on the PB win. You might not be able to touch it now, but at least it's another 150 entries into future draws :)
    Mortgage: Mar 2018 -£300,000 / Jul 2021 -£255,000
    Student Loan: March 2011 -£18,275.04 / Jul 2021 -£10,425.28
    Joint Savings: Aim £13.5k. Dec 2016 £1,700 / Jul 2021 £36,600
    Loan to In-Laws: Sep 2010 -£48,185.82 / Apr 2019 £0
    Car Loan: Sep 2018 -£16,265 / Apr 2019 £0
    Credit Card 0%: Nov 2016 -£4,500 / Apr 2019 £0
  • Not much to report - had another YouGov survey this morning so now upto £11. Spent the morning in town with the kids as had to pick up fabric for my sewing class this Friday - we are making skirts (wish me luck). I went with a black so hopefully any mistakes will be less noticeable and it will go with a lot of stuff I already have if it is wearable.

I thought I would carry Button instead of bringing the pram so now my arms feel like they are about to drop off which means a lazy afternoon in the house for us all.

x
  • Happy Easter - hope everyone is having a lovely time whatever your plans.

Mr Moomin has taken the children to visit MIL so I am off to my mums for lunch later. We are not religious so don't mind having separate plans today as the only part of Easter we partake in is the chocolate :o.

Have spent this morning getting tidied up and reconciling the joint account. Have had to get Munchkin some new uniform as he has to have shorts, these used to be optional but new headmaster has made a different summer uniform compulsory :mad: came to almost £40 which is annoying.

Going to watch a DVD now and do some quilting, with Mr Moomin away I can watch something I know wouldn't interest him and not feel guilty about him having to sit through it with me.

Hoping my OP will be applied Tuesday to allow me to update my signature :j.

x
  • Happy Easter! Enjoy your child free time xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Hello everyone!

Munchkin is back at school and was very excited this morning about seeing his friends again. I will miss him but it was nice to have a morning with just Button and get back into our normal routine.

I have my sewing class later and have all the pieces for my skirt cut out so hopefully start getting it sewed together later.

No OPing news but have updated my signature as online account has been updated. If we keep up these levels of OPs we are still on track to be below £140k by October :T.

Hope everyone is having a lovely week :)
  • ch4rly2002
    ch4rly2002 Posts: 460 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion
    Well done Moominmamma! Below £140k by October is a great target, and it's great that you're still on track for it. Have you thought about adding a running total of your OP amount for the year in your signature? I've seen it on a few, but I don't have room with all my many lines of money owed :( Just thought it might keep you spurred on :)
    Mortgage: Mar 2018 -£300,000 / Jul 2021 -£255,000
    Student Loan: March 2011 -£18,275.04 / Jul 2021 -£10,425.28
    Joint Savings: Aim £13.5k. Dec 2016 £1,700 / Jul 2021 £36,600
    Loan to In-Laws: Sep 2010 -£48,185.82 / Apr 2019 £0
    Car Loan: Sep 2018 -£16,265 / Apr 2019 £0
    Credit Card 0%: Nov 2016 -£4,500 / Apr 2019 £0
  • Hi ch4rly - I have a spreadsheet that shows what I have OP'd this year and where it has come from. Used to do a breakdown on here as each OP went so maybe I will start that again. I agree thou my spreadsheet is a great motivator and definitely helps me stay on track!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure