Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Oh how very vexing for you KC! :( I've had similar before - receptionist insisting they can't renew my prescription without seeing the doc, then doc being all confused and saying 'but I already signed it, you didn't need to come in'. Merely annoying for me, it's only 10 mins down the road and I don't have a problem getting there, but it sounds like it's used up your energy for the day. How frustrating!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ooh! Any Blakes 7 before the bin men come?!
    Fraid not - the tapes are of science fiction *conventions* - mostly Stargate :D , you'll see what they're like if you google Michael Shanks conventions into youtube, you'll see the sort of thing :j
    Oh how very vexing for you KC! :( I've had similar before - receptionist insisting they can't renew my prescription without seeing the doc, then doc being all confused and saying 'but I already signed it, you didn't need to come in'. Merely annoying for me, it's only 10 mins down the road and I don't have a problem getting there, but it sounds like it's used up your energy for the day. How frustrating!
    Thanks for that, Cheery, appreciated :) and yes, I haven't done anything, really - I had a load of washing that I put out and took in, and I checked banking at about 5pm, and thats that. Just eating and making cups of tea ... definitely didn't do the cat blog, sadly. Still, I'm watching the last episode of the Edwardian Farm now, which is fun :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Ooh, Edwardian Farm, that was a good one:)

Are you watching Timecrashers On Channel 4 on Sunday's evenings?

Various 'celebs' arrive in a year, and have to live for a day in their roles

They were country house servants in 1913 yesterday. What a hard life it was - Nothing like the servants in Downton Abbey!

Hope you feel a bit better soon.

I felt a bit 'nasal' a few days ago. I felt bunged up and my eye kept watering... But only on one side. The other side was fine. weird.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Hi Goldie :)

I haven't worked out how to download from the Channel 4 website yet, oops - my connection isn't good enough to stream tv programmes, especially if I'm resting in an armchair, which I need to be to watch tv. Must figure that out ...

I'll be skypeing my business partner today, which *also* means sitting upright at the computer, so I've got to ration my time really carefully. Ridiculous, but thats what its like. I've got some paper shredding I can usefully do, actually, that'll help.

Otherwise, I *will* try to do some cat blogging today...
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    oh that C4 prog sounds fun. Will look out for it.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Oops, I didn't get over there today, my bad. OTOH, I *have* got out into the garden :j:j:j been pulling up some *very* long grass in the shaded border, and cutting back brambles in the sunny one. Even dug up one bramble! At least I definitely don't have a lurgy, just a slightly viral thing, which I *think* is going, but I must be careful not to do anything else today, I was out there for quite a while. Lovely, tho :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Sounds lovely KC! Glad you managed to get outside :)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Fresh air & sunshine is always good for what ails you!

Hope you are feeling loads better!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Fresh air & sunshine is always good for what ails you!

Hope you are feeling loads better!

Ditto that!

I felt a bit odd again today. I had a great nights sleep, but woke up tired, and couldn't shake it off until we went out for a walk.

Feeling 'below par' is very annoying
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    It really is, isn't it, Goldie - although I'm not ailing, I deffo feel below par today - loud music from next door till 1am :( it's exhausting to cope with, especially before my busy day today.

I'm really starting to think that most of us feel unsettled by the onset of autumn - I bet that's evolutionary in some way as yet unidentified.

Anyway, its nice to be outside, and nice to see I can notice the work I did yesterday in the garden :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport