Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• villainrom
    Options
    mmpombears wrote: »
    Update - no call back, so I phoned them again.

Got through to a clueless person this time, who insisted that the 500MB FUP only applied to downloads and not web browsing, and has nothing to do with them changing their T&Cs (I quoted 2.11.2 above to no avail as she didn't understand) since it applied to everyone (??)

Despite me stating web browsing bandwidth will be deducted from the 500MB per month, she seemed adamant that web browsing/downloading had separate allowances such that I could only download 500MB worth of videos but can browse as much as I want. If I wanted to terminate my contract now I would have to pay a penalty charge of £218. Don't understand how companies could allow such clueless people to work for them.

She then put me through to a member of the cancellations team, who hung up on me after I stated my enquiry.

Here goes attempt number 3...

That's just shocking customer service... I would suggest getting the names of those you had, and complain to management. Keep names and times of calls, as you can use those if you take it up with Watchdog etc...

And never tell them what you're actually trying to do, until they've said their "My name is ... and how can I help you today?", as that means you know who they are.

In other news, just waiting for response from a co-worker who has managed to get a proper answer... Just getting clarification of what he said as it was brief...
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options

Got through to a clueless person this time, who insisted that the 500MB FUP only applied to downloads and not web browsing, and has nothing to do with them changing their T&Cs (I quoted 2.11.2 above to no avail as she didn't understand) since it applied to everyone (??)

Despite me stating web browsing bandwidth will be deducted from the 500MB per month, she seemed adamant that web browsing/downloading had separate allowances such that I could only download 500MB worth of videos but can browse as much as I want. If I wanted to terminate my contract now I would have to pay a penalty charge of £218. Don't understand how companies could allow such clueless people to work for them.

She then put me through to a member of the cancellations team, who hung up on me after I stated my enquiry.

So downloads use up data but browsing doesn't.........:cool:
  • riktking
    Options
    recieved this tweet after asking @tmobileukhelp where do i write to to cancel my contract:

Hi, the change in the fair use policy does not provide a clause to cancel the contract. Thanks.

pretty rubish to be fair but if people do better via the phone then thats grounds for us all to try it!
  • talkalot
    talkalot Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options

A friend of mine has just called T-Mobile to be told the same. You can browse as much as you want. Downloads such as You Tube will be limited to 500mb. They seem to think it will be better.
  • pinkllama
    pinkllama Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have just sent this to t-mobile via a web form on their help and support page.

feel free to copy and paste/change it for your own use.

dear sir/madam, i have just received a text message from yourselves stating that my internet FUP is being reduced from 3gb to 500mb. i am deeply unhappy about this and feel that you are in breach of contract.

i have phoned your customer services and contacted yourselves via twitter and the response has been that the internet is an additional service provided to myself that can be changed by yourselves with 30 days notice.

could you please show me;
    1.where in my contract it states that the internet is an additional service?
    2. where in my contract it states that my call/sms allowance is not an additional service. 3. could you also tell me, if you need to give 30 days notice of any changes to my additional services, you can send a text on the 10th of jan and change the service on the 2nd of feb?

i would wish that both my contracts with yourselves are cancelled with no further charges to my account and PAC's are supplied to myself.
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cant quite believe this, I only recently move to T-Mobile from Vodafone following their changes to the FUP...

Slashing the limit from 3gb to 500mb is laughable.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • talkalot
    talkalot Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    Have just spoken to the UK based sales team. They were most helpful. If you have any data bundle as part of you price plan then you will be cut down to 500 MB download and unlimited browsing. If you pay extra for W&W+ then you will keep your download limit.
  • mmpombears
    Options
    Wonder if anyone else has had more luck? Getting seriously peeved here.

Put through to member of cancellations team (again), quoted 2.11.2 (again), explained (again) web browsing data will be deducted from 500MB FUP, they still wouldn't allow me to terminate contract. Asked to speak to the manager, turns out he was the manager (Paul).

According to him there was no record of a text being sent to me (evidently the one I have magically appeared out of nowhere), so I argued if that was the case I haven't been given any notice. The reply I got was "if there has been no notice then obviously nothing will change." Several times I was left dumbfounded by how stupid their replies were.

Anyway Paul said that unless I downloaded hundreds of albums from itunes on my phone it wouldn't make a difference. He asked if I really downloaded 500MB+ of data per month, FWIW I use my phone to youtube, download games/apps from the marketplace, instant messengers, regular automatic application updates... not to mention one OS update is around 60MB so I would be surprised if I used less than 500MB/mo. I'm fairly sure I've hit the 3GB cap a few times too.

I guess the next step is to write to them directly, though judging by their responses so far they will continue to interpret their T&Cs as they see fit (apparently my interpretation of 2.11.2 is invalid).
  • mmpombears
    Options
    Latest tweet at twitter.com/TmobileUKhelp says the changes affect everyone...
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just seen this over on bitterwallet, its a good point:

Of course it’s a contractual term. If it wasn’t they wouldn’t be able to charge for breaching it by going over the allowance. So the allowance has to part of the contract if breach is possible.

Ipso facto.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family