Clearscore

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Clearscore said my mortgage was going onto a variable rate. However the mortgage was paid off fully a few years ago.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Clearscore was not so easy as it asked several questions that were from 1973 account history???!!!! I can not remember that far back it also asked a question about a credit card from December 2016 and about the credit amount which was reviewed I was unsure but it gave no option. As a result they could not identify me to give me a FREE report...::D

They would not or should not be holding information on your report from 1973. Very strange indeed!
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    monkeyr1 wrote: »
    Strangely, Clearscore shows my mortgage balance with a red circle around it indicating it is near or above limit. Yet I have never missed a payment. Perhaps the reason for this is that Clearscore shows the mortgage opening balance as "0" which is nonsense of course! I tried to get Clearscore to look into this but got no joy, so am a bit disappointed about with this aspect.
    Does anyone else have a similar problem.
    For the rest though, I think the Clearscore service is pretty decent.
    The circle thing is based on current level and limit, so works fine for credit cards, but not for standard mortgages and loans. The starting of 0 is correct, you apply, get accepted at which time the account is created with zero balance and then mortgage balance applied once they either send the money for the house purchase or to the old mortgage co for a remortgage.
  • I was wonder I have complained a number of times about a name clearscore has tied to mine I don’t know her and never had.requested removal numerous time using the ridiculous messaging service. Even contacted equifax still no change do I have to involve the ombudsman to get it removed?
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2017 at 9:33PM
    Keith1001 wrote: »
    I was wonder I have complained a number of times about a name clearscore has tied to mine I don’t know her and never had.requested removal numerous time using the ridiculous messaging service. Even contacted equifax still no change do I have to involve the ombudsman to get it removed?
    Clearscore only reports what Equifax has on your credit file so you need to start Equifax complaints procedure. You can do this through MSE's <Resolver> complaints tool. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction within 8 weeks of first raising the matter [with Equifax], you can refer it to the Ombudsman.

In your complaint, you should refer to your previous contact so that your waiting period might be shorter.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • brenda10
    brenda10 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    I got a letter from Equifax to say my details have been hacked and given the clearscore website to log in to check for free. I never remember signing up to any checks on my credit score and now when I have registered my details with clearscore they say they have a different e-mail address I signed up with.
    Can someone from clearscore help me, thanks in anticipation some of Clearscore staff will help me.
    Brenda
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    brenda10 wrote: »
    I got a letter from Equifax to say my details have been hacked and given the clearscore website to log in to check for free. I never remember signing up to any checks on my credit score and now when I have registered my details with clearscore they say they have a different e-mail address I signed up with.
    Can someone from clearscore help me, thanks in anticipation some of Clearscore staff will help me.
    Brenda
    On the ClearScore login page there is a link below the password entry which says:
    I can't login - help me.

Try that link.
  • Any one tell me why clearscore equifax won’t remove a name connected to me but will continually remove my wife’s when I complain. Even involved the ombudsman the idiots still don’t seem to be able to read English is there anyway to take stronger legal action? . And what an idiotic way to communicate with people by leaving a “message”. And always too late in the day to respond to them. Please any help
  • As you will see I’ve still having problem. See post below
  • Keith1001 wrote: »
    Any one tell me why clearscore equifax won’t remove a name connected to me but will continually remove my wife’s when I complain. Even involved the ombudsman the idiots still don’t seem to be able to read English is there anyway to take stronger legal action? . And what an idiotic way to communicate with people by leaving a “message”. And always too late in the day to respond to them. Please any help
    No doubt these "idiots" at Clearscore will be along very quickly to advise you how you might take stronger legal action against someone or other. Good luck with that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback