Do I have an Aa complaint ??

I am just after a bit of advice regarding something that is still ongoing as i type this.

I broke down yesterday at 11am i called the AA and they sent a patrol out to me within 15 minutes (amazed)

The patrol couldn't fix the problem so it needed to be recovered to a garage and a recovery van turned up by 12:20 (amazed again)

The recovery driver said my van was to big to fit on his van and made a phone call to his office to get a bigger van to come and recover me.

The recovery driver said there was a bigger van nott far away and will be with me within the hour. Now this is where it all goes wrong and it has left me :mad: LIE

2:30 pm and still no 2nd recovery truck so i call the AA back, the guy i speak to makes a phone call and comes back to me telling me the van is 30 minutes away and wont be long. LIE

4:30 pm still no recovery truck, I call te AA again. Again the person on the phone makes a phone call amd comes back to me telling me the truck is 15 minutes away it wont be long. LIE

5:00 pm still no truck so i call the recovery agents directly to be told he will be with me soon. LIE

5:15 pm i call the recovery agent again and tell them i am leaving and getting a taxi home as i have had no food since my breakfast and i have left the key with a guy in the company I was stranded outside of.
The guy i left the key with calls me at 6:05 pm to say the recovery truck has just turned up now at 6:05 pm. 4 hours 30 minutes later than i was promised.

The Machanic calls me to say he has called the recovery agents at 5:00pm and was told it had already been recovered and was on the way to him LIE.

By now the garage i had my van booked into is closed so they have to store it over night :mad:

I am self employed and get charged £50 per day if i cannot do the work i am contracted to do. Also i now lose my days pay.

My van would of been in and fixed yesterday if the recovered would of turned up when i was told it would of. If they would of told me the truth i could of got a hire van sorted to do my days work today and for what other days my van is off the road for.

I called the recovery company today at 9:00 am to be told they didn't know where my van is :mad: and they would look into it

I have called to AA to complain about this and got told to call the recovery company and make the complaint to them

Does anyone know what I should do here

would i be able to claim a reimbursement of my £50 fine i have been charged for not being able to fill the contact today also my lose of earnings for today totalling £200

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Your contract is with the AA, not the recovery company, so don't let the AA fob you off. Their complaints procedure is here https://www.theaa.com/complaints
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Do you have AA business breakdown cover?

If you just have personal cover then you can't expect them to cover any costs of lost business.
  • The_AA_Company_Representative
    The_AA_Company_Representative Posts: 251 Organisation Representative
    Neil-f wrote: »
    I am just after a bit of advice regarding something that is still ongoing as i type this.

I broke down yesterday at 11am i called the AA and they sent a patrol out to me within 15 minutes (amazed)

The patrol couldn't fix the problem so it needed to be recovered to a garage and a recovery van turned up by 12:20 (amazed again)

The recovery driver said my van was to big to fit on his van and made a phone call to his office to get a bigger van to come and recover me.

The recovery driver said there was a bigger van nott far away and will be with me within the hour. Now this is where it all goes wrong and it has left me :mad: LIE

2:30 pm and still no 2nd recovery truck so i call the AA back, the guy i speak to makes a phone call and comes back to me telling me the van is 30 minutes away and wont be long. LIE

4:30 pm still no recovery truck, I call te AA again. Again the person on the phone makes a phone call amd comes back to me telling me the truck is 15 minutes away it wont be long. LIE

5:00 pm still no truck so i call the recovery agents directly to be told he will be with me soon. LIE

5:15 pm i call the recovery agent again and tell them i am leaving and getting a taxi home as i have had no food since my breakfast and i have left the key with a guy in the company I was stranded outside of.
    The guy i left the key with calls me at 6:05 pm to say the recovery truck has just turned up now at 6:05 pm. 4 hours 30 minutes later than i was promised.

The Machanic calls me to say he has called the recovery agents at 5:00pm and was told it had already been recovered and was on the way to him LIE.

By now the garage i had my van booked into is closed so they have to store it over night :mad:

I am self employed and get charged £50 per day if i cannot do the work i am contracted to do. Also i now lose my days pay.

My van would of been in and fixed yesterday if the recovered would of turned up when i was told it would of. If they would of told me the truth i could of got a hire van sorted to do my days work today and for what other days my van is off the road for.

I called the recovery company today at 9:00 am to be told they didn't know where my van is :mad: and they would look into it

I have called to AA to complain about this and got told to call the recovery company and make the complaint to them

would i be able to claim a reimbursement of my £50 fine i have been charged for not being able to fill the contact today also my lose of earnings for today totalling £200

Hi Neil,
    We're very sorry to learn of your experience and would like the opportunity to address the delay for you. If you haven't already been in touch with our customer services team to discuss this, please email the details including your 635601 membership number, contact number and full address to [EMAIL="chat@theaa.com"]chat@theaa.com[/EMAIL] with Reference FOR214205. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of The AA. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • stuart30
    stuart30 Posts: 499 Forumite
    Neil-f wrote: »

Id personaly email customersupport@theaa.com and ask for a senior manager to get involved,you could try Claire Forrest.

If you phone them make sure you record your calls as they lied through there teeth previously with me,it helps when you record your calls for reference of whats been said/promised/agreed.;)
  • rich13348
    rich13348 Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    stuart30 wrote: »
    Id personaly email customersupport@theaa.com and ask for a senior manager to get involved,you could try Claire Forrest.

If you phone them make sure you record your calls as they lied through there teeth previously with me,it helps when you record your calls for reference of whats been said/promised/agreed.;)

The AA record all their calls too and you can ask for a copy of the calls or a transcript so you have proof they lied to you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure