Jamacia, Barbados or Bahamas

Comments

• Barbados every time.
    Safest of the three.
    The West Coast is great.
    This place is all-inclusive and quite reasonable.
    https://www.theclubbarbados.com
    I'd also consider Antigua.
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Barbados every time.
    Safest of the three.
    The West Coast is great.
    This place is all-inclusive and quite reasonable.
    https://www.theclubbarbados.com
    I'd also consider Antigua.

I agree with you , up to where you say All Inclusive , there is no need to go all inclusive in Barbados , we spent new year in a basic apartment right on Paynes Beach , eating out is good ( can be pricely ) getting around the island is easy and cheap . Its a very safe very friendly island
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sandals is fine if you are going without kids

They have a separate brand called Beaches if you do go with children.

I'd prefer Barbados to Jamaica any day of the week. It's safer. Sandals Negril was fine but they shivered if you wanted to leave the premises!
  • pelirocco wrote: »
    I agree with you , up to where you say All Inclusive , there is no need to go all inclusive in Barbados , we spent new year in a basic apartment right on Paynes Beach , eating out is good ( can be pricely ) getting around the island is easy and cheap . Its a very safe very friendly island

I agree.
    I rarely do A1 although we had such a great deal on this place ( £1,000 for 10 nights,air fares and USD$500 of restaurant vouchers included it was hard to turn down.)
    It is also next door to Sandy Lane and shares the same beach.
    Sadly a lot of the Caribbean has gone down the A1 route since I first started going there 40 years ago.Crime or at any rate the perceived threat of crime has put a lot of people off going out at night.
    If the OP could time his holiday when there's a meeting on at the Garrison Savannah race track I would also recommend that.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reason for the three islands is the flight back to Manchester.

Realistically can only be summer hols as two centre Orlando & Carribean
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Look at all the places on YouTube and then decide.

Your taste could be different from other people. So you are the best one to judge your needs.
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
  • Just back from Sandals Barbados and would highly recommend. The new Sandals Royal Barbados has been completed right next door to the pre-existing resort and guests can use both resorts, so you get two for the price of one. If you want to see round the island, I would recommending taking one with Ricardo from Sun Tours who will drive you round the island to places you wouldn't have known existed, and he serves you the best rum punch you ever tasted along the way!
  • Alvinism wrote: »
    Just back from Sandals Barbados and would highly recommend.

Did you read the remit?
    steve1500 wrote: »
    We will be coming from Orlando with our 11 year old daughter - recovery time!!
  • pelirocco
    I agree.
    I rarely do A1 although we had such a great deal on this place ( £1,000 for 10 nights,air fares and USD$500 of restaurant vouchers included it was hard to turn down.)
    It is also next door to Sandy Lane and shares the same beach.
    Sadly a lot of the Caribbean has gone down the A1 route since I first started going there 40 years ago.Crime or at any rate the perceived threat of crime has put a lot of people off going out at night.
    If the OP could time his holiday when there's a meeting on at the Garrison Savannah race track I would also recommend that.

that was a good deal , we had air miles flights and accomodation was £1100 , but that was over new year , I think mango Bay was something like £9k , no brainer really . Sandy Bay was a five minute stroll away , and it made me laugh that i shared the same view and beach for a fraction of the price . We met laods of people who go to Barbados every year for as chaep as possible . We also met a few people who stayed in ' naice' places and looked dismayed that the riff raff holiday there too lol
  • pelirocco
    Oh and stay away from the South Coast , unless they have managed to fix the sewage problem ....tbh I would stay away even if they have
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport