Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Never seen GoT (though OH is obsessed) although I did end up hanging out with Jason Momoa one weekend many years ago. He's a wild one!
    :D There are a few actors in SF like that, but he also strikes me as an interesting character. Watching them get over their preconceptions about SF fans is always interesting too :D one of the absolute wittiest was Robert Picardo, who's now the public face of The Planetary Society :)
    I do the 'to destruction' thing too, but DH does get strict with me when my slippers get dangerous (he bought me so new ones for Christmas).
    I think that counts as destruction, MCI, once they're dangerous!
    I'm largely onboard with the 'to destruction' idea, but I'm trying to go past that now. Mrs E doesn't seem to be a big fan of my old T-shirt rags, but they're alright if all you're doing is wiping down the worktops :D
    I agree, Ed, I use old clothes for rags - part of the goodness of it is just being able to throw it away at the end, for the worst of them (though a lot go in the washing machine!).

Game of Thrones okay, that's it, I'm officially addicted :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...Game of Thrones okay, that's it, I'm officially addicted :j

OH has just had a strop:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Seems that 'everyone' is going to see GOT before he does!:D

I refuse to pay for a subscription to n3tfl!x when we already have pr!me & are still happily binge watching several series!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Mean MSE fiend that I am :D:D:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Poor OH, you fiend, you :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: tell him I sympathise! This boxset was a pressie, by the way.

Hey, tell him to work at Swagbucks - he can buy the DVDs with the Amazon vouchers he gets for free :rotfl:

I loved playing with Netflix and Amazon Prime when I was catsitting :D

I did a healthy walk today, and kept things less stressful than a fortnight ago, by just buying microwave veg from the local co-op, till my supermarket order turns up on Thursday.

Plus gardening - heaps of twigs are all over the grass near the decking, and they're about to get swallowed by growing grass again :eek:

And good heavens, I completed a survey on SB :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    My focus on taxes has meant I've dropped the ball a bit on other things :o I was in the middle of streamlining the storage on my desk (cardboard Wilko boxes instead of dust collecting office trays) and my to-do pile of papers got a bit lost. My passport has run out. My driving licence has run out. Papers for two of my private pensions were sitting there. Oops.

So, today:
    - check over taxes and submit.
    - attend mid-afternoon, newly-made appointment to catch up on stuff :eek:
    - prepare for said appointment within an inch of my life :eek:
    - will be distracted, so do something mindless but still useful.
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    So, today:

.........will be distracted, so do something mindless but still useful.

I know that situation only too well:eek:. Unfortunately in my case it's often mindless but not remotely useful:o

I'm deciding whether to make a complaint to Sainsburys. I usually shop at Morrisons in person as they don't deliver in our area but as I had a batch of good MOC coupons from Sainsbury's (such as £12 off/£10 off orders) I used their online service a few times until they were used up. I was quite impressed by some of their own brand items so I went on to I have a couple of further orders too.

The one I had on Friday was a real disappointment:(. The cauliflower was the smallest I'd ever seen (the same price as the l one I bought from Morrisons last week which was as big as a football:eek:). The instore bakery sesame seed bloomer was very overcooked and dark brown and the seeds were really burnt. Had to slice the top crust off before we could eat it which defeated the object somewhat:(.

There were no substitutions but they sent a random tin of soup instead of one of the other tinned items I'd paid for with no amendment to the till receipt. I checked the prices later, I lost out a bit on that pricewise.

As I'd always been pleased with my previous orders I didn't check on the goods while the delivery man was still here, otherwise I'd have refused the 3 items I'm griping about.

A bit petty to complain I suppose but it's made me think twice about using them again especially as they are more expensive than Morrisons where I can see what I'm buying;). My nearest Sainsbury's store is too far away to be cost effective to visit.
  • rtandon27
    ...I'm deciding whether to make a complaint to Sainsburys...

CBC - go for it! - We regularly shop with Sainsbo as they are the closest affordable/good quality supermarket near us! and the delivery drivers are wonderfully polite and helpful with carrying in the groceries to be unpacked - On the rare occasions that I've called up and made a complaint, the customer service reps are more than helpful, kind & considerate and mostly usually provide a no quibble refund - They feel like real people & want to make it right. After experiencing miserable & downright rude customer service with No-cad-o (after 9 years of being a loyal customer) it's refreshing to have found a company that does it's utmost to keep the customer happy!!!

(oops - sorry KC - that turned into a little rant - customer service makes me passionate - :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
  • Karmacat
    edited 23 January 2018 at 3:09PM
    A bit petty to complain I suppose but it's made me think twice about using them again especially as they are more expensive than Morrisons where I can see what I'm buying;).
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    CBC - go for it! - We regularly shop with Sainsbo as they are the closest affordable/good quality supermarket near us! and the delivery drivers are wonderfully polite and helpful with carrying in the groceries to be unpacked - On the rare occasions that I've called up and made a complaint, the customer service reps are more than helpful, kind & considerate and mostly usually provide a no quibble refund - They feel like real people & want to make it right. After experiencing miserable & downright rude customer service with No-cad-o (after 9 years of being a loyal customer) it's refreshing to have found a company that does it's utmost to keep the customer happy!!!
    Absolutely make a complaint, CBC! Online delivery is all about trust, and you have to trust that they don't give you anything you would't pick up off a supermarket shelf yourself! I've complained about a 20p tin of baked beans before now.

The only bad experience I had was with Waitrose, weirdly - I think they had a new guy in, he basically accused me of lying, and then told me to email a pic of the spoiled food, but there are no customer-accessible emails to staff members. By the time I phoned back **again**, I think he'd checked with his supervisor, and I was given a #15 voucher. All because he didn't want to refund a pound of onions :)
    (oops - sorry KC - that turned into a little rant - customer service makes me passionate - :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)
    We love rants on this thread :D:D:D washing lines, using to destruction, you name it :rotfl:

I'm prevaricating ... I don't want to do the next item on my list, and I *have* to, its the tax submission. Such is life. Get on with it.

ETA: and this is why I prevaricate. HSBC have lost my direct debit to the tax authorites. God, I'm looking forward to moving away from them.
  • rtandon27
    ...:D:D:D washing lines...

To be fair those were just facts...

:D:D:D

(except for the part about two feet of snow which is just remembered loathing!)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I know that situation only too well:eek:. Unfortunately in my case it's often mindless but not remotely useful:o

I'm deciding whether to make a complaint to Sainsburys. I usually shop at Morrisons in person as they don't deliver in our area but as I had a batch of good MOC coupons from Sainsbury's (such as £12 off/£10 off orders) I used their online service a few times until they were used up. I was quite impressed by some of their own brand items so I went on to I have a couple of further orders too.

The one I had on Friday was a real disappointment:(. The cauliflower was the smallest I'd ever seen (the same price as the l one I bought from Morrisons last week which was as big as a football:eek:). The instore bakery sesame seed bloomer was very overcooked and dark brown and the seeds were really burnt. Had to slice the top crust off before we could eat it which defeated the object somewhat:(.

There were no substitutions but they sent a random tin of soup instead of one of the other tinned items I'd paid for with no amendment to the till receipt. I checked the prices later, I lost out a bit on that pricewise.

As I'd always been pleased with my previous orders I didn't check on the goods while the delivery man was still here, otherwise I'd have refused the 3 items I'm griping about.

A bit petty to complain I suppose but it's made me think twice about using them again especially as they are more expensive than Morrisons where I can see what I'm buying;). My nearest Sainsbury's store is too far away to be cost effective to visit.

They lost me when they sent 6 heads of slightly yellow limp broccoli in my Christmas delivery about the first year they were offering on-line shopping. I had 14 people coming and had to go out and find green veg at 4pm on Christmas Eve. I have shopped in person but never on-line since. You should tell them, as I should have. I just ranted and remembered
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    :D

Game of Thrones okay, that's it, I'm officially addicted :j

You were warned :rotfl::rotfl:
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback