tesco pulling out of direct debits for deposits into savings accounts

Comments

• dixy_2
    dixy_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    very rude....as I have just joined the forum..NO QUESTIONS ASKED SINCE 2016...I require to be treated with respect....As I have not seen previous threads...I asked this question.....What is the point ????????>>>.Tesco customer services /......STATE FEB 2018.....I can only act on the information I have received....I will now unsubscribe and leave this forum....Waste of my time and yours.....Disgusted !!!!
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    dixy wrote: »
    very rude....as I have just joined the forum..NO QUESTIONS ASKED SINCE 2016...I require to be treated with respect....As I have not seen previous threads...I asked this question.....What is the point ????????>>>.Tesco customer services /......STATE FEB 2018.....I can only act on the information I have received....I will now unsubscribe and leave this forum....Waste of my time and yours.....Disgusted !!!!
    THERE'S NO NEED TO GET ALL SHOUTY ABOUT IT!

You're right that it was a waste of your time and everyone else's, but the key issue with your post is the inaccurate date - you have been given duff info by Tesco and for anyone else reading this the correct answer is clearly given in the account Ts & Cs, as covered endlessly on the other threads about this:
    Prior to 22 April 2018 regular or one off payments can be made by setting up a Direct Debit via Online Banking. You'll need your Tesco Bank security details to do this.

From 22 April 2018, you'll be unable to set up new, regular or one off Direct Debit payments. All existing Direct Debits set up on your Account will be cancelled.
    It's not true to say that "I can only act on the information I have received" - you can do what most others do and check the facts first! Although to be fair, you won't be the first to simply believe what you're told by uninformed or incompetent customer service reps by phone....
  • Welcome Dixy, but you'll need to have quite a tough skin, rudeness is quite common on MSE - loads of well meaning people, but also loads of point-scoring know-it-alls as well!
  • dixy wrote: »
    Sorry you've had a bad reception, it really is down to a few old-timers on this site who like nothing more than to belittle anyone - new or old.If it continues report them and hopefully they'll get banned, preferably for life - it's been known to happen.

Good luck
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    capital0ne wrote: »
    ... Is If it continues report them and hopefully they'll get banned, preferably for life - it's been known to happen.

But then of course they just reappear under an AE. Don't they! :rotfl:
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Actually it has been said (but unconfirmed) that they are cancelling this facility from Jan 2018 for new setups, but allowing existing DDs to run until April.
  • Nick_C
    18cc wrote: »
    Actually it has been said (but unconfirmed) that they are cancelling this facility from Jan 2018 for new setups, but allowing existing DDs to run until April.

Said by whom? Where?

Tesco say you can set up DDs up to 22 April 2018, after which they will stop working. Its in the T&Cs. Unsubstantiated rumours to the contrary don't help anyone.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,964 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    18cc wrote: »
    It was said, but it was proven spurious.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    My my we ARE touchy in this forum, aren't we....

Actually I think unsubstantiated rumours can be very interesting, but each to his own

However, in answer to your question see posts 527 onwards here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730177
  • Nick_C
    There is a lot of useful verified information on these forums.

But repeating fake news, or old news, just wastes peoples time and makes it harder to find the good stuff.

Post some accurate news and you will get my thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure