Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Psyurmh
    You need to contact TOTO and ask them the question about the smart meters

@Killa_byte
    Nobody can give you the correct answer about whether a 2 year contract is good or bad value for you. It is up to you to decide if you want the security of knowing the price of your energy for the next 2 years or if 1 year deals are better value.
    If anyone could predict energy prices they would not be here but online trading energy for a living.
    The only thing about a 2 year deal is that the company supplying it will do so at a price that they make a profit from it regardless of the changes in the market prices.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    Killa_byte wrote: »
    . . . is it a good idea to tie into a 2 year contract? or should i remain with 1 year contact.

not sure what to do with Brexit and all, not sure if the energy prices will rise?
    Hi Killa_byte and welcome to the forum

It really depends on whether you are risk averse or prepared to take your chance.

If certainty of prices is important to you then you should consider the two-year option. If the exchange rate continues its recent downward trend then future energy prices are likely to continue increasing because energy is traded in $US.

The penalty for this certainty is that you pay a higher rate in year 1 as well as year 2 of the fix.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Paddy_McGinty
    Options
    Thanks to all for replying. Only got the internet yesterday so will digest your replies later. I'm still awaiting permission to change the meter (which will cost the Council nothing).
  • eggheadnappa
    Options
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer advise please?

I'm planning on switching Gas & electric for the first time and after reading some interestings stuff on the forum I've being weighing up moving to ovo from e.on. Not sure what's best saving tho, deal I've been looking at is £250 for 2 yr fix but I can save £150 by switching to an e.on 1 year fix.

Iknow nobody can tell me best thing to do but I was wondering what are the chances of getting another 1 or 2 yr fix after the e.on one ends for around £100 saving mark? This way I'd make the same savings over 2 year, or maybe because I've never switched before I won't get a better rate so therefor the saving after yr 1 will only be around £50 mark. If that's the case then I'lll obviously be loosing out on £50.

Sorry if I've made that sound super complicated & also if I dropped in wrong thread!

Thanks!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Iknow nobody can tell me best thing to do but I was wondering what are the chances of getting another 1 or 2 yr fix after the e.on one ends for around £100 saving mark? This way I'd make the same savings over 2 year, or maybe because I've never switched before I won't get a better rate so therefor the saving after yr 1 will only be around £50 mark. If that's the case then I'lll obviously be loosing out on £50.

Sorry if I've made that sound super complicated & also if I dropped in wrong thread!

Thanks!

You will make savings by switching away from any standard variable tariff. Sadly, that is where the savings end (unless energy prices fall which, in my opinion, is unlikely). As far as the Ovo 2 year deal is concerned, MSE has posted that it ends tomorrow.
  • eggheadnappa
    Options
    Thanks Hengus,

Yes want to get it sorted before Ovo deal ends tomorrow!

So really there's not much chance of me saving again once I move from my current standard rate...looks like ovo will be the best for my circumstances.

Thanks again!
  • poorbabe
    Options
    I've just initiated a switch from BG to Ebico. I'm a member of the energy club but the estimates shown was way over the actual figures and I couldn't work out how to change it. Never mind. My current DD is £27 per month but my fixed deal ends on 15 September and BG calculate my DD payment would increase to £49 per month.

No thanks. Ebico, who I was on prior to last year's move to BG, is £33 per month. I can live with this. I just hope the transfer is a smooth one.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve found a great deal with Bulb which will make you £75, blah blah blah blah blah

This forum won’t let me post the link though. Any ideas how to share it?
    What, do you mean it won't let you post your referral link :eek: shock, oh no!!!!

I look dubious on anyone who simply signs up to give a glowing report because they want to post a referral link. There is a referrals board section should you want to do that, but you'll join the several dozen other people who think bulb is brilliant so long as you use their referral link.

Oh, and you can't post a link straight away BECAUSE THIS IS YOUR FIRST POST and its there simply to stop people joining to post a referral link.

Maybe you have joined to do more than just spam, if so welcome, but please don't just start putting posts up to be able to plug referral links. Any referral links outside the correct board will be deleted anyway.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve found a great deal with Bulb . . .
    Your motives are not clear from your post, and I don't subscribe to the concept of switching without knowing the details of anything I might sign up to but if you want to advertise this deal then there is a proper place for it in the <Referrers> board.

If your post is not deleted as spam then it may be moved, anyway, to the aforementioned board.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Jawsquip
    Options
    How do I post a new thread? I have a specific question but not as a reply to someone's post. I can't find the button to start a new discussion
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback