Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pauper1 wrote: »

Groceries £23.60/£77.41

:T How do you manage that. How many of you are there? Intrigued...
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :T How do you manage that. How many of you are there? Intrigued...

I only came across the challenge on the 20th so it's not as good as it seems haha. The budget is from 20th to 31st and there's 3 of us.
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ahhh. Hoover just packed in.... Got it going again but im not convinced its making it to Christmas.... Recomdations? ( no 600 pound suggestions lol)
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Today has been a NSD so I'm now at 10/15.

Walk today to and from work. Diet wise has not been great as Freezer food for dinner. I am really hungry though and I was good at work as I didn't eat any of the treats that were out. No treats tonight as I'm over my syns - had most of them at work in my packed lunch. Must eat breakfast tomorrow and hopefully that'll help with the hunger. I struggle eating in the morning but otherwise I end up eating half my lunch by 10:30 AM.

Heating is on as it's pretty cold at the moment. This house feels like a fridge and I don't like sitting down, wrapped in a blanket with a very cold nose!!

Other than that nothing else to report really, plodding along as usual!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 October 2017 at 7:30PM
    Options
    Day 23
    NSD achieved 17/20
    Had to go for a blood test this morning so walked there and to a bus stop afterwards to get a bus to recycling centre(do not have a car) - 25 minutes walk.
    Got rid of some small things at the recycling centre.
    Forgot to mention yesterday that I uninstalled the 2 games on my laptop that I was hooked on. More time to do positive things. I also deleted some documents that I no longer required.
    Used what I had in food wise.
    My Mum and I discussed again regarding food for Christmas.
    Read the Christian book and study guide today.
    My Mum had her glasses delivered. Where she used to have her eyes tested offers a home service for people who are unable to get out. They also did the eye test in the flat.
    Grateful for:
    Seeing 2 robins this morning.
    My Mum getting her new glasses.
    Starting to read a book that I already had in.
    Achieving quite a few things this morning.
    Having a chilled out afternoon and evening.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better soon, Mothernerd. Our house has just cleared a clingy, vile cough, pretending to be flu. Only thing that hit it was drinking plenty of water/honey&lemon and it lingered for about 3 weeks. Also found that Olbas Oil in the air helped too. I don't understand, but it worked :D. I do hope that's not what you have.

Exercise: Walked to town. While waiting for DD2 had a poke in Works and put together a mental list of crafty things to make presents with for Christmas presents.

Frog: Completely scrubbed the fridge. I only ever remember that I want to clean it AFTER a big shop, so put it off.
    Toad: Signed up to resit my GCSE Maths. I'm proper tired of not having a clue what the kids need help with, and IF I get the right grade I might then go on to study to teach. Not sure I have the patience for it, or the ability to conform to the required boxes. Regardless, I always wanted to, so one step at a time.

Happy to report today I avoided the coffee shop making it a NSD. Which I think puts me on 4.
    I'm now going to figure out what the heck I did with the budget and will update later.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    laurenh1 wrote: »
    Ahhh. Hoover just packed in.... Got it going again but im not convinced its making it to Christmas.... Recomdations? ( no 600 pound suggestions lol)

Mine (50quid vax i think) kept cutting out after 6 years. Thought it was the hoover itself as depending on how i kicked it it worked again. For some reason i decided to change the plug and that did the trick (molded plug were you couldn't change the fuse). Have you tried a new fuse?
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    Well I think as today was a nsd I'm around 11 or 12/15. Went to a forest today, met friends, walked a lot and all totally free. Then home for dinner from stores yum. Busy most of the week but my frog tomorrow is to go thru kids n my clothes to see what we have and anything we need as going shopping later in the week n don't want to double up. I also need to package up and put away some clothes.

Mothernerd being ill is horrible. Lots of rest and water will help.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks thrifty hub found the issue ive damaged the cable it totally gave in before but I remembered our old one in the garage. Weighs a tonne but does the trick and saves me spending money on a new one in a hurry. Will still look for a new one i think but in my own time now.

Got all my list complete, unbelievably- but hopefully being on top of things should help while I am at work.

Did more of DBs xmas shopping! And chatted to him about xmas arrangements.

No excersize but did weigh in- runnung tomorrow. :eek:
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check in 23/31 and another NSD which makes 14/15.
    Tomorrow likely to be a spend day as may need a top up shop and some ingredients for Christmas cake baking so may have to wait a bit longer to hit my target.
    Need to make a start on getting rid of some frogs. Can happily deal with spiders but may need to take a different approach with a jumping creature.

mothernerd hope you're feeling better soon.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport