IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement LTD Hospital Fine

Comments

• danmc1309
    danmc1309 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 12 April 2017 at 8:49AM
    " You;

[EMAIL="david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk"]david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Dear xxx,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]
    Thank you for the additional information you have provided below.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I am replying to your email on behalf of my colleague Esme as she is not in the office today.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]To enable me to look into this for you, please provide a copy of the Notice to Keeper that you received from the operator.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]To further investigate the matter relating to signage, [/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]please provide photographs. Once received we shall be in touch.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Yours Sincerely, [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]{Text removed by MSE Forum Team}[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]AOS Investigations Team[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]British Parking Association "

I have the original photo of signage from the initial post, plus the letter which I received from ZZPS but I haven't received anything else other than another letter from ZZPS threatening additional costs. Would I be correct to send signage image and the 1st letter received (I believe this isn't NTK) and explain that this is all I've received?

Thanks in advance
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 March 2017 at 1:37AM
    Forget the signs, just send the first letter PCN (which is the NTK but is non POFA) and the ZZPS letter. Don't send it all 'please and thankyou'. Just a curt (short) email reply telling him you have already attached both letters to Esme so not sure why you are having to jump through even more hoops with this complaint, but here are the offending letters again. Copy in David Dunford AGAIN, even if he has carefully excluded him!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Forget the signs, just send the first letter PCN (which is the NTK but is non POFA) and the ZZPS letter. Don't send it all 'please and thankyou'. Just a curt (short) email reply telling him you have already attached both letters to Esme so not sure why you are having to jump through even more hoops with this complaint, but here are the offending letters again. Copy in David Dunford AGAIN, even if he has carefully excluded him!

I don't have a first letter PCN because I didn't receive one, just the ZZPS one dated Feb with the October stated as the offence date (shown in the link below). Our new friend did keep David Dunford on the CC, possibly the formatting on the pasting didn't make this obvious. Will the no PCN letter attachment make a difference before i send the ZZPS one with a similar reply?

Thanks again

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/Dannymc1309/car%20park%20letter_zps6aznxmgw.jpg
  • Coupon-mad
    Tell them you never were served with a PCN but it is a fact in the public domain that CEL never use a POFA version, so the complaint stands and here is the offending ZZPS letter lying about keeper liability. What are the BPA and DVLA going to do to stop ZZPS misleading people who don't know the difference and the facts about 'keeper liability' and why did Esme say that CEL issued a NTK 'under the POFA' when it would have taken her just 2 minutes to establish they never do, even if she had had to call CEL to check...
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    edited 12 April 2017 at 8:47AM
    "Dear {Text removed by MSE Forum Team},

As originally stated in my email to Esme I didn't receive the original PCN, however it is known in the public domain that CEL never use a POFA version. The ZZPS letter was also originally attached to Esme, however I have attached it again and in addition to the ZZPS email reply (shown below) which was also sent to Esme is it clear that ZZPS are misleading the public about keeper liability at best and at worst outright lying.

"We are relying on POFA 2012 and as such it is too late to appeal further. You, as the registered keeper of the vehicle remain liable for this charge."

So as my original complaint referred to I would firstly like to know what the BPA/DVLA are going to do to stop ZZPS misleading people in this way who don't know the difference and facts about 'keeper liability' but then also secondly, why has Esme said that CEL issued a NTK 'under the POFA' when it would have taken her just 2 minutes to establish they never do, even if she had had to call CEL to check?

Kind regards,"

Sent, thanks again CM
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    BPA-xxxx

Dear Mr xxx,

Thank you for your reply.

We have contacted the operator to request further information and once received we shall be in touch.

Thank you for your patience whilst this is being looked into.

Yours Sincerely,

{Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    AOS Investigations Team
    British Parking Association
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    The plot thickens :( attached is a photo of the ticket on the car and a information printed on the ticket. I will upload these images later when I have had chance to try and remove information.

BPA-11034

Dear Xx,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into your enquiry.

We have contacted the operator who have provided us with a copy of the Notice to Driver that was placed on your vehicle, along with an image evidencing the notice on your vehicle (attached).

On the notice it is stated: “This PCN has been issued under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012”.

As the PCN has been issued utilising POFA (2012), there has not been a breach of the Code in this instance. Therefore we are unable to assist you further and will now close this case.

Yours Sincerely,

AOS Investigations Team
    Email: aos@britishparking.co.uk
    Web: https://www.britishparking.co.uk
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Take a look at the POPLA Decisions thread at the top of the forum for post #2575.

Did CEL use similar wording that lost them the POPLA adjudication in their correspondence with you?
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 6:59PM
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 12 April 2017 at 8:49AM
    danmc1309 wrote: »
    The plot thickens :( attached is a photo of the ticket on the car and a information printed on the ticket. I will upload these images later when I have had chance to try and remove information.

BPA-11034

Dear Xx,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into your enquiry.

We have contacted the operator who have provided us with a copy of the Notice to Driver that was placed on your vehicle, along with an image evidencing the notice on your vehicle (attached).

On the notice it is stated: “This PCN has been issued under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012”.

As the PCN has been issued utilising POFA (2012), there has not been a breach of the Code in this instance. Therefore we are unable to assist you further and will now close this case.

Yours Sincerely,

AOS Investigations Team
    Email: aos@britishparking.co.uk
    Web: https://www.britishparking.co.uk

Email to: aos@britishparking.co.uk

cc: David Dunford, DVLA

Dear {Text removed by MSE Forum Team},

Re: PCN xxxxxxx complaint re misleading information about keeper liability

The case is most certainly not closed. This is embarrassing for the BPA; a terrible example of the BPA fobbing off consumer complainants. All replies are being placed in the public domain, for which I make no apology, also copied to David Duford at the DVLA and I will escalate the matter to the DCLG if the BPS fail to investigate my complaint properly.

I expect a professional and diligent reply this time, please. I am indeed being patient.

One would hope that your training on the POFA 2012 Schedule 4, would have told you that a Notice to Driver like that one MUST be followed within 29 - 56 days, by a fully-compliant 'Notice to Keeper' in the post, without which there can be no 'keeper liability'.

Bear in mind that I am the registered keeper and no PCN was found on the car so the NTK is vital. Please show me the evidence you obtained from your member, of both sides of the resulting NTK. This is the document I was referring to, since I was unaware of any Notice to Driver which cannot, on its own, comply with the POFA. The point being, it is known that CEL do not use the POFA wording at all on their NTKs.

A random sentence on a ghost ticket purportedly photographed then removed, does not make a keeper liable.

I look forward to hearing from you with a proper response including a scan of both sides of the Notice to Keeper which I am sure you will note will omit almost the entire wording from paragraph 8, it being a non-POFA version. CEL do not have a POFA version, to my knowledge.

Finally, my contact was not 'an enquiry'. Kindly log it as a formal complaint, or are the BPA in the business of logging complaints as 'enquiries/closed cases' to dumb down the number of complaints you have to report to the DVLA? This is one.

kind regards,

:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure