Ready to do it all over again ...

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Found another tenner in a pocket about to go in the wash, so that gives me £50 til payday ;)

When I walked the dog this morning I bumped into one of my ex-students, one who was one of my most vulnerable ones. She gave me a big hug and we had a catch up for ten minutes and it made my day. She looked healthier than she has for a long time, she seemed in a better place than last time I saw her. Then I read the news that Harry Arter (Bournemouth midfielder) and his wife had a baby girl yesterday, they had a daughter who was stillborn 15 months ago so this is brilliant news, so pleased for them both and has added to my general feeling of happy today :D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    edited 18 February 2017 at 6:16PM
    I've had quite a productive day so far today, I think it's the weather, it cheers me up so much when you can fling the windows open wide and get loads of fresh air in :) Anyway, I've just shut the windows as it's cooled down now but everywhere just feels fresher indoors :)

I've packed a big box of kitchen stuff, filled another two bin liners with junk ready for the tip tomorrow, packed a box of books, sorted out my makeup box and binned the old stuff. I've cleaned out the airing cupboard, the cupboard under the sink in the bathroom and the bathroom cabinet, all have been scrubbed and just the decent stuff put back. The bathroom will just need one box to pack everything in then just a good clean.

I've also installed the drivers for the printer so that's working with the new laptop now, I seem to have got the electronic fob working for the gates (not sure it will continue working until I move but we'll see :o).

The Tesco shopping came, no substitutes, so that was £46 in total, other than that which was already accounted for in the budgeting I haven't spent any more money today.

I've just had my bath and put my pj's on already, and I'm chilling tonight, working on my Amazon wishlist, I will probably get the ironing out the way too as tomorrow we're going out for lunch with Mum and my sister and family as it would've been Dads birthday.
    Ironing TO DO TONIGHT
    [STRIKE]Clear washing basket[/STRIKE] DONE
    Trip to the tip DONE BUT ANOTHER TOMORROW
    [STRIKE]Banking[/STRIKE] DONE
    Catch up with work emails
    [STRIKE]Clear all surveys[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Take Mum for xray[/STRIKE] DONE
    Iron on ds Scouts badges TO DO TONIGHT
    Clear paperwork pile from coffee table
    Help ds deliver Scouts plant leaflets I NEED TO PHOTOCOPY THE FORM AT WORK, SO WILL DELIVER AFTERSCHOOL THIS WEEK
    [STRIKE]Sort out fob for electronic gates[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]Tesco food order[/STRIKE] DONE
    Update my Amazon wishlist with items for new house TO DO TONIGHT
    Pay water bills DONE

Getting there ;)
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Benben,

I'm going to go off topic and say it was lovely to hear about Harry Arter and his wife's good news. I remember the horrible story in the press about that online trolling incident he suffered over his daughter's death and it made me think of you as a Bournemouth supporter.

It has also reminded me that the only Bristol City autograph I have is Brett Pitman's, and that was obtained by my mother in law who is a midwife in the Hospital where his wife had their child.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • benbenandme
    That trolling was awful, just horrible. I remember watching him play against Man Utd two days after their daughter was stillborn, at the end when Eddie Howe was hugging him, that was up there in my top proudest moments as an AFCB fan ... we've had some beyond amazing times in recent years but ultimately it's more than that, they are such a tight unit, a strong team. The man is amazing, a real old-fashioned give it a bit of welly kinda midfielder, he'd fight to the death for the team.

Brett Pitman is fab too ;) He's scored us some brilliant timely goals over the years and will always be a part of us too :)
  • benbenandme
    And I also meant to say Florence, your wombling total is fabulous ... I need to get out more and start looking :D Do you just look for change or do you womble receipts too?
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I haven't got the guts to womble receipts sadly, I have been lucky with roadkill this year by finding a £5 note each month, and lots of little bits here and there. My inlaws tend to give me and my boyfriend an awful lot of stuff which helps and I count that.

I am happy with my wombling total but some people on the board have already wombled £1000+ !!!!
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    tigzem wrote: »
    It's so frustrating waiting to exchange. I emailed the solicitors on Tuesday to get an idea of when we're likely to exchange, they still hadn't replied this afternoon so I chased them again! Grrr.... fingers crossed it won't be long for you

Not moving, selling my dad's house. Cash buyers so no mortgage application or chain..... but still taking forever! In the end the estate agents emailed me Friday afternoon to say hopefully be exchanging late next week. Tbh I just need it done now, it's upsetting seeing it empty :(

Let's hope next week we all exchange.... x
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • benbenandme
    Aah, yes sorry, didn't think. Today would've been my Dads birthday :(

That would be good though Tigz if we could all exchange next week, fingers crossed for us all :)

Just sold a BIN on ebay, another tenner to chuck in the savings :money:
  • benbenandme
    Went out for a lovely lunch today with the family for Dads birthday, (Mum insisted on paying), was really nice and also means I don't need to cook tonight too :)

The rest of today will be spent making sure ds has everything ready for school tomorrow, I will need to get up to speed with work stuff again and we both need an early night.

Today has been a nsd, 9 days til payday ;)
  • benbenandme
    I emailed the solicitor again today and said I was worried there was a problem ... anyway, they emailed back this afternoon to say that despite my buyers solicitor saying they had sent the contract for signing ten days ago, they have in fact only done it today :mad:

Anyway, after more exchanges it appears that we may be completing mid-March, so that's about three weeks hopefully. I feel quite relieved tonight, although still not over the line yet, but at least I feel like I know what's going on again now :o

Spends today = 80p on milk for the office.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family