Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So the dog has been out for a walk, the washing machine has done its first load, the dishwasher has been emptied and refilled, the hoover has done it's thing and now I have about an hour until the Tesco man brings the shopping (ordered last night).

I need to move some money between accounts, I need to clear the washing mountain and then tomorrow iron what's needed, clear a few surveys and generally keep working on getting this laptop how I want it. I need to set up some folders, delete some junk that I don't want that was already installed, get my fitbit syncing because it won't for some reason :cool: I'm not going to worry too much about any more packing this weekend as we break up for half-term next week and we're still waiting for my freeholder to reply to questions so a move doesn't seem imminent. I don't have anything major planned for half-term yet so if necessary I can do it next week :)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Shopping delivered and put away (£46), another load of washing done, surveys all cleared from inbox, banking all sorted, fitbit appears to be syncing again now but hasn't synced for the last few days so no steps logged there.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    £4 from a pinecone survey :money:
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Bacon sandwiches for breakfast followed by a nice walk in the forest with the dog, perfect start to a Sunday :)

Now the washing machine is doing the towels, the ht water is on to bath the aforementioned dog that is covered in mud :o The rest of the day involves cooking roast lamb for dinner, ds finishing some English and Geography homework, my ebay items finishing (and most probably most of them being relisted), tidying ds bedroom, some ironing and some football watching ;)

On the way back from the forest in the car ds pipes up with "Do you think I'd be better to buy a car or a house first" ... now bearing in mind he is only 13 :D:D ... but we had a really good chat about mortgages and how cars depreciate in value and houses generally increase, how much of a deposit he'd need to save for a flat, how much car insurance costs as a new driver ... anyway, he's asked me to show him my mortgage overpayment spreadsheet a bit later. If he leaves schoool with no qualifications whatsoever at least I know that somewhere in there I've passed on my love of all things financial ;):D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Only one of my ebay items has sold, but it went for £21 :T Just waiting for the buyer to pay for it then I'll add it to my signature :)

Other ebay items have been relisted, the dog has been bathed, dried, brushed and the bathroom cleaned from top to bottom afterwards ;) Ds bedroom has been done, dinner is started and the first of the two footie games was great :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So lots of faffing with the car insurers but basically I have sent them the court letter and they were already aware of it and dealing with it (so they say). They say the original settlement was for the write off of the other car, but they are now claiming for the cost of the hire car etc which was never agreed. Anyway, it is all in hand so they say :o

In other news the solicitor has confirmed we are just waiting on the replies from the freeholder for my sale, and having emailed him myself over the weekend he has replied tonight to say he got back from holiday this morning and will deal with it tomorrow. Fingers crossed he does, then hopefully half term can be spent packing and cleaning ;)

Today has been a nsd, I posted the ebay parcel but the cost of that was paid by them so doesn't count as spends. Nothing much else to report at this stage :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,273 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope that they sort it out pretty pronto.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Nothing much to report today, spent £10 on a top-up shop, have got chicken curry cooking in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. Might pack a box or two tonight if the mood takes me. Another day nearer to half-term :)
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that the insurance business looks like it is being sorted out, to a certain extent. I hope it all goes smoothly.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Finally the freeholder has answered the solicitors :j :j but one of them referred to the external staircase that was repaired last summer - in our lease it says we would pay a contribution towards the cost of repairs, however we had no say in getting quotes etc, and the work was done without any consultation to us and in the replies to the solicitor he has decided I have to pay my share which is £2100 :eek::eek::eek: Tbh part of me wants to argue it (they still haven't painted the damn things despite fitting them nearly a year ago), but then I am just causing myself problems and maybe I'm better off paying it and going :) It just grates as there is no way of showing where that figure has come from or anything. I could ask the solicitor to write back and question it but seeing how long everything has taken so far I just want to move now :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family