Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• Rebster
    Rebster Posts: 151 Forumite
    Evening all :) Hope everyone's doing well. Back from my holiday, during which lots of very tasty and non-SW friendly food was consumed! Was convinced I'd have put on a shed load of weight but a sneaky peek at the scales yesterday didn't look too bad (touch wood!). By the time I weigh in on Wednesday I'll have had a good few days back on plan so fingers crossed the damage won't be too bad!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Lois~~used to love Dash.
    Dident realise it was still around.

Must see if any Harvester's around here.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Harvester isn't so great for veggies sadly. In fact most restaurants are tough for veggies on sw unless you want pasta in tomato based sauce or a salad for a tenner!

Dinner was a massive salad with Sainsburys chilli noodles 1syn, cheese 2 x hea and wholemeal bread heb, followed by a big bowl of fruit. Also had a small glass of wine 4syns. Ended on 20syns.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • I've not been to the Exeter harvester in a while but the last time I went it was awful! I'm assuming it's improved? I heard they've had a refurb or something but wasn't sure if the actual food and service had improved or not because I do like a harvester!
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    I've not been to the Exeter harvester in a while but the last time I went it was awful! I'm assuming it's improved? I heard they've had a refurb or something but wasn't sure if the actual food and service had improved or not because I do like a harvester!

Yesterday was the first day open following the refurb and I've only been there once before so it was difficult to remember how it was, but the building looks very nice, they've improved the salad bar area so the bread, dressings and toppings are all in a separate section.

Service was a bit slow - DH was really thirsty and was hoping to get a drink asap, but we'd been seated for at least 10 minutes before the waitress came to take our order and then she forgot to bring him a glass! The food was ok - my jacket potato had really tough skin, I think it had been in the warmer too long, and DH's chips weren't very nice but everything else was fine.

I love the salad bar, they had loads of speed salad and it was all fresh: lettuce, beetroot, gherkins, pickled onions, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onions and carrots. I also had pineapple, couscous and olives (not speed or free, but not too many syns).

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Morning all

Happy to report in with a loss of 1lb, which takes my total weight loss to 3 and a 1/2 stone. :j

Beanie - Dash is available at Debenhams too, and their online service is very good, so if you haven't got one locally you can always order it and it doesn't cost you if you have to send it back as they have free returns.

Flutterby - just saw your comment about Harvester and I did think the options for veggies weren't very good. They used to do baked butternut squash filled with roast peppers with a cheese topping which was really nice. I noticed in the sides section that you could have a 'big salad' for £3.99, and I wondered if that was the cost of the salad bar if you didn't have a main meal. I have a veggie friend and I know from experience of eating out with her that options can be very limited, she eats fish, but otherwise its often pasta or quiche and the protein element is nearly always cheese.

Have a good day everyone, good luck with your weigh ins. I'll check back later for the chart.

Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A loss of 4 lb today please Shala :D

Absolutely delighted by that!

B - Mushroom omelette and baked beans

D - Ham, egg, cottage cheese and new potato salad, apple, melon chunks, mugshot

T - Spaghetti Bolognese

HEXA - Milk in tea

HEXB - Alpen lights

Syns - Not sure yet. Maybe some roast beef monster munch :)

BM - Been running around all morning so far so not worried there!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great result Lois. :j.

Brilliant Top Girl.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sorry I'm late - weighed in on Saturday with a +1lb gain for the chart please Shala!

Not happy with myself but focusing on moving forward. Filling in an SAS log as we speak...

Right, off to catch up on posts :)
  • Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Yesterday was the first day open following the refurb and I've only been there once before so it was difficult to remember how it was, but the building looks very nice, they've improved the salad bar area so the bread, dressings and toppings are all in a separate section.

Service was a bit slow - DH was really thirsty and was hoping to get a drink asap, but we'd been seated for at least 10 minutes before the waitress came to take our order and then she forgot to bring him a glass! The food was ok - my jacket potato had really tough skin, I think it had been in the warmer too long, and DH's chips weren't very nice but everything else was fine.

I love the salad bar, they had loads of speed salad and it was all fresh: lettuce, beetroot, gherkins, pickled onions, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onions and carrots. I also had pineapple, couscous and olives (not speed or free, but not too many syns).

I think that was always the issue for me. Service is always incredibly slow even when the place is dead!
    I think I was sat down once for about 15-20 mins before even a drink order had been taken once. I always get disappointed so I think I'll avoid. I'll just go to the Bridgend one when I go home to see my mum!

Well done to those with losses!

Last day today, gotta be out of the hotel by 12 tomorrow. Gotta get a taxi to the bus station, get a bus back to Marrakech (about a 4 hour drive. Ugh). Then fly home. I'm dreading the food shop I have to do when I get back and I'm pretty sure I've left some milk in the fridge. That'll be nice and gone off when I get back lol xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure