Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,038
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 6 March 2017 at 6:06PM
    Out of interest, for determining if i'm on a IGT or not, Do I use the Meter number or the meter point reference number as they are different?

Thanks!

Kev
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 902
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I passed my Gas meter reading on the 24th of February, no sign of it appearing either.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    I passed my Gas meter reading on the 24th of February, no sign of it appearing either.

Ten to 15 days from transfer for verification by the industry Third-party. The verified reading will appear on your online Transactions page. Mine took 18 days to appear.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    kev2009 wrote: »
    Out of interest, for determining if i'm on a IGT or not, Do I use the Meter number or the meter point reference number as they are different?

Thanks!

Kev

Meter point reference. Sometimes known as the meter number, but distinct from the serial number
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 902
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This is my 3rd Gas meter reading that hasn't appeared yet.I gave it to them 10 days ago.The others were added a lot faster I'm sure.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    kev2009 wrote: »

Thanks!

Kev

Gas meter numbers beginning with the number 74, 75, 76, or 77 are IGT UK numbers, any others belong to the National Grid.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My gas is due to switch over to Iresa on Thursday 9th March from British Gas. However, I just checked my British Gas account and it says I'm on their STANDARD tariff. I thought you had to remain on your old tariff whilst the transfer was taking place?
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    My gas is due to switch over to Iresa on Thursday 9th March from British Gas. However, I just checked my British Gas account and it says I'm on their STANDARD tariff. I thought you had to remain on your old tariff whilst the transfer was taking place?

Even though BG may know about the switch, their billing system probably doesn't (and they don't go back and amend the account once a switch is in progress). It should still be charged against the correct tariff when the final bill is raised.

My E.ON account listed my tariff as the SVR for the last couple of weeks before the switch was finalised, but the final bill made no mention of it.

So don't worry about it unless the final bill is wrong.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    jlfan wrote: »
    I am in exactly the same position as you.

Electricity transferred 31/1 and gas 17/2. Gas meter is up and running on Iresa but no electricity.

E.On waiting for Iresa to provide readings and in the meantime are sitting on £250.00 with little faith it will come back to me anytime soon.

E.On chat works so well, to confirm position from their End.

Will carry on waiting, no point getting stressed and the Iresa prices are great. It will sort itself out eventually.

Good luck with yours.

Hello jlfan and glad our Live Chatters were able to help.

We'll refund the credit balance within 10 working days of the final bill. It'll be quickest if sending back through an open Direct Debit. Also, now the account is at this stage, we won't take anymore payments.

Sorry to lose you jlfan and if I'm repeating what our Live Chatters have already said.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Only switching leccy to Iresa - first DD taken on 22nd Feb. and I gave reading (acknowledged) as requested on Thursday 2nd March.
    The only thing worrying me at the moment, is that EON are still showing my leccy meter readings (it appears that I could still update) which suggests that Iresa have not informed EON yet.
    The gas switch (to Better Energy) appears to be complete ....or at least gas supply and meter readings has vanished from EON account page.

Hello brewerdave and don't want to cause alarm but you shouldn't be able to enter meter readings online with us. With a change of supplier, most of our online services are locked down when we receive an application to switch. This is certainly the case with readings. Might be an idea to check.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure