The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks DIA.

I like everydollar. It works for me, even better now i found the bit to list my debt balances. Plus its easy to copy across budgets to other months the adjust as needed. Also unless you have the advanced version its free.:j

I cant have YNAB as i only have a tablet and you need a desktop/laptop.

Its another day of pottering today between taking DS to the local fair. I will beat this flippin clutter. I will, I will, I will........

Yesterday i made another £75. :j Keep it coming.

Right must get on. Have a good day x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Boo about the sewing class. Are there none at a local college? I would love to teach you. It's something I have been thinking about again recently. Alas I feel we are too far apart. Oh do you have a local fabric store. Some run classes. It's an idea.

I'm finally reading your diary up to date! So sorry to 'ignore' your reply to me for so long. :( You have an awesome amount of posts since I went on holiday... about 80 if I remember rightly!

We probably are too far apart as you say, which is a shame. (Judging by the area of the country I'm in). Thinking it through: the local college no longer runs sewing classes (it was one of theirs I was booked on then the tutor left and hasn't been replaced). There is a fabric store in the next town which has run courses in the past but their latest one seems to have been cancelled back in March and not replaced. We have a couple of department stores nearby which sell fabric so I'll ask there - thanks for the idea.

Part of the problem is the area I live in - a country town, and I don't drive. I've found a course in another town which I could reach by train, so I'll have to see when it's running. If it's daytime I may be able to work round my shifts. What I really need is a trouble shooter for all the little things the written instructions don't tell me - it took me a long session of hit and miss and youtube to work out that I have to pull the thread to one side while threading the machine. The instructions just give the basic end result but without that little bit of knowledge, my (brand new) machine is sadly useless. :(

Anyway, enough of my moaning! I am missing reading time and want to catch up with all you've been doing for the last 3 weeks or so!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    You will beat the clutter :T
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    I'm finally reading your diary up to date! So sorry to 'ignore' your reply to me for so long. :( You have an awesome amount of posts since I went on holiday... about 80 if I remember rightly!

We probably are too far apart as you say, which is a shame. (Judging by the area of the country I'm in). Thinking it through: the local college no longer runs sewing classes (it was one of theirs I was booked on then the tutor left and hasn't been replaced). There is a fabric store in the next town which has run courses in the past but their latest one seems to have been cancelled back in March and not replaced. We have a couple of department stores nearby which sell fabric so I'll ask there - thanks for the idea.

Part of the problem is the area I live in - a country town, and I don't drive. I've found a course in another town which I could reach by train, so I'll have to see when it's running. If it's daytime I may be able to work round my shifts. What I really need is a trouble shooter for all the little things the written instructions don't tell me - it took me a long session of hit and miss and youtube to work out that I have to pull the thread to one side while threading the machine. The instructions just give the basic end result but without that little bit of knowledge, my (brand new) machine is sadly useless. :(

Anyway, enough of my moaning! I am missing reading time and want to catch up with all you've been doing for the last 3 weeks or so!

Oh my goodness, 80 posts, i should shut up a bit.

Its hard to cind traditional classes. Have you tried youtube. Its not the same but its something. I have always wanted to try pottery which was always abailable at night classes, but no longer. After years of trying I found one at Red House Glass Cone which im going to try to do.

My diary is just me waffling about decluttering really but it keeps me going.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    abba1772 wrote: »
    You will beat the clutter :T

I will try but my final surviving draw fell out in the kitchen today and is irreparable as far as i can tell. The kitchen is older than me and I'm 46, I'm surprised its still standing.

• parsniphead
    Today I have done a few little jobs, mainly in the newly cleared, well it is now, garden area. I have lots of garden to go. Whilst clearing out the drains (sexy eh), I came to the conclusion I had not only neglected big things for the last 10 years, I have neglected EVERYTHING. I have neglected life. Demon debt, it's making me so angry this week. But it's not the debts fault, it's mine, I created the debt.

I have neglected:

My finances
    My home
    My health
    Myself (I'm such a scruff bag)

I see people my own age who look nice, well kept, proud of their appearance and I look Urgh. By the way I'm not being a downer on myself, it's just how it is, fact.

I have no style. I hate being ripped jeans (not in the trendy way) and tshirt/jumper woman. I used to have style, sometimes a bit too much style. I used to be a goth ;) but now I'm just BHS woman. Well I was till they closed.

My hairs a mess, my nails are a disgrace, my skin is awful and I used to do make up but now hardly any. I would love to look nice again but I'm not sure how and what.

Good grief I'm turning into Margaret Meldrew. :o

My promises or the week is to start looking after myself and my home. I do look after my family so that's something good.

I'm going to be naughty. I have two very trashed pairs of unflattering granny jeans :eek:. I'm going to get some new ones and some tops, and not just long sleeved t shirt types. I wasn't expecting to be paid this month so I have a little spare. I'm also going to scour the charity shops. I like tweed jackets so I'm going to look for ones to upcycle. I used to do this lots. Also the fabric I have are going to become clothes. Oh jumpers, I have two, both hand knitted but shabby. They looked like the cat had slept on them.

I may even get my hair cut before going back to work and I NEED new glasses. I'm really struggling to see with my current ones. I have to pay a small fortune to have the lenses thinned as my prescription is Mr Magoo standard but it's worth it.

If I want to build my business I need to look the part. Who wants a dressmaker who looks like a tramp.

Sorry to go on but it needed to be said.

People we deserve more.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I came to the conclusion I had not only neglected big things for the last 10 years, I have neglected EVERYTHING. I have neglected life. Demon debt, it's making me so angry this week. But it's not the debts fault, it's mine, I created the debt.

I have neglected:

My finances
    My home
    My health

I see people my own age who look nice, well kept, proud of their appearance and I look Urgh. By the way I'm not being a downer on myself, it's just how it is, fact.

I have no style. I hate being ripped jeans (not in the trendy way) and tshirt/jumper woman. I used to have style, sometimes a bit too much style. I used to be a goth ;) but now I'm just BHS woman. Well I was till they closed.

My hairs a mess, my nails are a disgrace, my skin is awful and I used to do make up but now hardly any. I would love to look nice again but I'm not sure how and what.

My promises or the week is to start looking after myself and my home. I do look after my family so that's something good.

I'm going to be naughty. I have two very trashed pairs of unflattering granny jeans :eek:. I'm going to get some new ones and some tops, and not just long sleeved t shirt types. I wasn't expecting to be paid this month so I have a little spare. I'm also going to scour the charity shops. I like tweed jackets so I'm going to look for ones to upcycle. I used to do this lots. Also the fabric I have are going to become clothes. Oh jumpers, I have two, both hand knitted but shabby. They looked like the cat had slept on them.

I may even get my hair cut before going back to work and I NEED new glasses.

People we deserve more.

All this is true for me too. And you are of course right. We deserve more. Here's to getting more :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    I'm with you on the hokey jeans I have a big rip just below my !!! cheek but you can't see it but I know it's there especially when it's windy :rotfl: I defo need to treat myself to new jeans too
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Today I have done a few little jobs, mainly in the newly cleared, well it is now, garden area. I have lots of garden to go. Whilst clearing out the drains (sexy eh), I came to the conclusion I had not only neglected big things for the last 10 years, I have neglected EVERYTHING. I have neglected life. Demon debt, it's making me so angry this week. But it's not the debts fault, it's mine, I created the debt.

I have neglected:

My finances
    My home
    My health

I may even get my hair cut before going back to work and I NEED new glasses. I'm really struggling to see with my current ones. I have to pay a small fortune to have the lenses thinned as my prescription is Mr Magoo standard but it's worth it.

If I want to build my business I need to look the part. Who wants a dressmaker who looks like a tramp.

Sorry to go on but it needed to be said.

People we deserve more.

First of all may I say well done and (((hugs))) on achieving what you have so far. You're doing really well, and knowing what you NEED to do to get where you want to be is a massive plus.

I think the way you feel about yourself will resonate with a lot of people - it certainly does with me and I haven't any debt so can't even use that as a reason for letting everything go! :mad:

It's so easy to slide into negative thinking, or not being able to be bothered with anything, including yourself. On the positive side you've woken up to the fact that the solution is in your hands, and doesn't need to cost much, while you're still young enough for it to make a massive difference to your life.

My advice is get your hair done and your new glasses ASAP. This will give a massive boost to your self esteem and probably make you want to wear makeup etc to show off the new look. Jeans needn't cost a lot and Charity shops are there waiting to be explored for some bright 'new' clothes until you can sew yourself some outfits.
    Use the energy you've created by being mad at yourself to keep on doing what you're doing now and before you know it you'll see a new you looking back at you in the mirror. You CAN it and you DESERVE it. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • parsniphead
    abba1772 wrote: »
    I'm with you on the hokey jeans I have a big rip just below my !!! cheek but you can't see it but I know it's there especially when it's windy :rotfl: I defo need to treat myself to new jeans too

I'm sorry. When you say windy..............:rotfl::D. No beans for you then. Sorry ;)

Ripped jeans are ok when they are artfully ripped but my ripped granny jeans just look awful. I have chubby thighs so they always go in the same place. You can tell they are ripped through me being fat rather than anything else.

We should both be brave and just buy some.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure