NST March: Marching to a different beat

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for an elderly friend feeling better, for time with mum, for superb train connections, for said connections meaning I got to see most of the eng v ire match, for more crafting, for the snow making everything look beautiful, for getting another tough kettlebell workout done, for snuggly socks.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 March 2018 at 10:48PM
    Was a spend day. Food shopping.
    Grateful for:
    Coped ok when I went to my Mum's grave as today is St. Patrick's Day.
    Having a rest this afternoon.
    Managing to do quite a bit this morning.
    Receiving the free £5 M&S voucher today.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • No Spend Day 8. (It almost wasnt)
    Found myself craving chocolate really badly today. I have also been really hungry to and thirsty. Not sure why.
    Ended up being a spend day! Will only update later in the evening.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Quick check in, a NSD as didn't venture out in snow.
    Watched rugby and drank tea.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all :j:j:j

Didn't sleep well so went through day in a sort of fog; but did make some small progress...probs won't get too much sleep tonight as DD is again on a night shift till 4am & has messaged to say it's very bad on the roads where she is, DH might have to go & pick her up so he will be waiting up, unless her colleague who has a 4x4 gives her a lift but it's quite a lot out of his way. No traffic coming down our road now, still looks to be snowing heavily. Have made sure he has snow kit in car if needed.

Cleared a load of paper from the office, paper bins collected Monday so more tomorrow. Made a beef in Guinness with champ followed by Guinness baby cakes, spot the common theme here... Also made some bread this morning but had left it too long, so loaves shaped like cowpats. Still tasty though!!

Also sorted out some books to take to CS on Tuesday. NSD today & likely tomorrow as well.

· For the striders: 11/18 NSDs

· Set your budgets before the challenge starts - did a fair few spends, need to update spread sheet. still ongoing.

· Be generous ; will do

· Note down Certainly need to do this, in order to get a handle on spending. Have noted down spends & will update. Have all receipts need to log .

· As ever, will do

· Pay towards your debt first! Do not have debt now but have been there before so am very wary. Do have a CC paid off in full every month. Will make a payment on cc today. tried to make payment but lots of error messages, double tomorrow. Hopefully system will let me in tonight, still not tried yet.

· Plan. Will make list of places to go - need to have it in reserve for impromptu trips out. Still A WIP, but found another to add to the list. DH suggested another day out. list growing, another couple of ideas today.

Check in every day. Will do from now on
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Spendy day yesterday on two plant pots as was at a garden centre with my parents and Mum has a 10% off card. Mum and Dad treated me to scones and tea whilst out :) Sorted through nearly every drawer in the house and made up four boxes - bin, recycling, charity shop and sell. Listed a few things on eBay and charity shop box is ready to go when I break up for Easter. Sold an item on eBay so will post that tomorrow as they didntpay straight away so couldnt take it yesterday. Snow here now so wont be doing much today, will make sure I do one dog walk and Mum and Dad have invited me for dinner later so thatll save me cooking/using my food! Not much food left in and payday is Friday, need to make it there without spending!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Tues - NSD9. DD (age 3) didn't want to get dressed so we stayed in! Fine by me as weather was foul anyway so we watched TV and played games - lovely!

Work on Wed/Thurs/Fri and no spends! Just had to pay for the bus on Friday to get into work after a physio appointment rather than car share with husband but hoping I can count it as NSD as it was due to medical/was travel only. Almost bought some treats in the shop as it was Friday but resisted.

So up to 12 NSDs and 6 in a row - wow!

Yesterday we had tesco delivered so spendy day but nothing else spent so a very frugal week.

Not sure on plans for today - was half-thinking about a National Trust place that has a special event on this weekend but it's all outdoors and we have woken to inches of snow again! Seems silly to spend almost £30 to probably end up huddled in the cafe! Might do brunch locally (we have a voucher) and then build a snowman instead! Also need to nip to Mr A as they have their children's easter clothes out now and have 3 t-shirts for £6 and DD needs some more for nursery.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    What is this weather like? Yesterday we had gale force winds and snow, it was snowing this morning when I woke up and now beautiful blue sky. Still freezing, though.
    So another NSD yesterday since I stayed indoors again. NSD no 12.
    Still eating from freezer and stores. Made curried lentil soup for lunch today and there was a chicken which we'll have for dinner.
    This weather does make you lazy. I've done most of the washing (of which there was a lot) but really must knuckle down to some serious cleaning.
    Have a good Sunday.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • What is this weather like? Yesterday we had gale force winds and snow, it was snowing this morning when I woke up and now beautiful blue sky. Still freezing, though.

Snowing here. Looking out my window all I can see is whiteness. I wont be leaving the house until the weather clears.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Duke of Ed was cancelled, so we did not go out.
    NSD 10 in the bag. Finally.

Will brave the over 1cm of snow and hit the YS at Mr T's later in the hope the old ladies with the sharp elbows will stay indoors watching the FA cup.

Other than that, it is making the kids do their homework.

Totally wierded them out yesterday by making chocolate custard to go with their chocolate sponge pudding. A blast from the 80s school dinner menu past. They were utterly bemused. Wonder how to make pink custard? The colouring was probably banned for making you sprout an extra head, or arm, or something.

Keep toasty turtles, the warmth is coming,
    I know, I am on the hayfever meds already...
    pollen doesnt lie. The swine
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport