Argos or Amazon for TV?

Seen a TV - both Argos and Amazon are same price - but which would be better place to buy it from ? Amazon for better customer service if any probs ?

Thanks

Comments

• Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What's the guarantee period - and do you have to take it somewhere to be examined and repaired if there's a problem, or will the engineer come to you?
  • If they're the same price I'd be tempted by Argos just for the convenience of picking it up there and then. If you're considering delivery either way I'd go Amazon out of habit, you could probably even get it delivered within 2 hours if you have Amazon Prime Now.

Amazon's customer service is amazing. Just yesterday they replaced my tablet which I'd dropped in the icy car park, no questions asked.
  • Brighty
    Brighty Posts: 755 Forumite
    If the same model is available from John Lewis or Richer Sounds for not much more, i'd go with one of them as they give extra warranty, 5yrs for JL and 6ys for RS, Amazon and Argos you'll get the standard 2yrs
  • NCC-1707
    NCC-1707 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Brighty wrote: »
    If the same model is available from John Lewis or Richer Sounds for not much more, i'd go with one of them as they give extra warranty, 5yrs for JL and 6ys for RS, Amazon and Argos you'll get the standard 2yrs
    ...or one year!
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Argos every time. if there is a problem you just take it back to Argos and they replace it no questions asked. With Amazon you've all the hassle of dealing with repairs, returns etc. Have never know Argos to even attempt to repair anything. The last thing I took back was a printer which stopped working after four months, they just threw it on the floor and fetched me a new one!
  • It depends upon the warranty and customer service. As far as Amazon is considered, the customer service is excellent and would replace any parts whenever needed.

As far as Argos is considered, you can be sure that the product will be very good. Because they have been in the industry for long and they are known for getting the best products.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    It depends upon the warranty and customer service. As far as Amazon is considered, the customer service is excellent and would replace any parts whenever needed.

As far as Argos is considered, you can be sure that the product will be very good. Because they have been in the industry for long and they are known for getting the best products.

What?.....
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Brighty wrote: »

^^^ this. Every time.

Personally I prefer Richer Sounds' customer service, but it's subjective.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It depends upon the warranty and customer service. As far as Amazon is considered, the customer service is excellent and would replace any parts whenever needed.

Not sure where your from but I wouldnt say Argos are known for getting the best products.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I like Argos. I bought a refurb TV from the Argos ebay shop and it developed a fault after 11 months and they refunded my money straight away so would buy from them out of the two.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure