PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 3 March 2018 at 6:48PM
    Not done much decluttering after getting off to a good racing start. Been busy on my hen and duck thread on here. We have Bird Flu again in the UK and all poultry keepers have had to keep hens in their coops with the roof fully covered over.:( My hens are ok but they are used to being Free range.:) They have a chicken wired roof with some metal supports but now we have had to cover it over with tarpaulin and it is seriously collecting the snow. Hubby has been up there trying to sweep the snow off of it every day but the noise is scarring the hens.:( Got to do it as we don't want the roof falling in.:(

Back to my decluttering list.

2 old sponges now being used outside for hens bowls
    1 ankle bracelet that has broken and been fixed so many times BIN
    1 book of silly jokes to CS
    1 chicken mug to CS
    7 used candle jars Glass Recycling
    1 small bag of wool 4 new balls to CS
    1 bag of half used wool now in shed to use in garden instead of using string for the veg.
    1 sample sachet of face cream finally USED UP
    1 tube of cream finally USED UP
    1 hair conditioner finally USED UP

Edwink

252/2018
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Slow at the moment.

359-360 magazines for DH work.
    361 candle used and container recycled.
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    3000+ emails going back as far as 2003 deleted from my personal email folders at home today and 2 fleece travel blankets and other bits given to a friend as she makes her own dog coats. So thats another bag. 16/52
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Bit more tackled this weekend.

177-178. Battered cushions
    179. Toy donated to cs
    180. Jewellery stand donated to cs
    181. Wine rack donated to cs
    182. Jewellery box donated to cs
    183. Top donated to cs
    184. CD player donated
    185. Multi surface clearner used up, recycled
    186. Instruction manuals filed
    187. Tongs donated to cs
    188. Washing up liquid bottle finished, recycled
    189. Box recycled
    190. Shower gel used up
    191-196. Freezer items used up due to bad weather
    199-201. Dud pens binned
    202. Ornamental candle holder donated to cs
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • Another update:

221 - 251 more shopkins to friend at work.
    252 - 258 plastic toy rings to friend
    259 - 261 books to charity shop
    262 - 292 old clothes / odd socks for ragging
    293 doll to charity shop
    294 - 389 various items to charity shop
    390 - 400 plastic bags to supermarket recycling
    401 - 450 used stamps to charity collection at church

I also now have two recycling bins at home so I can get rid of more stuff that the Council will take away and recycle for me.
    Declutter 2024 in 2024 /2024 SPC = 13 £45.32 (2023) £64.89 (2022) £95.67 (2021) £305.16 (2020)Loan paid off! Credit card paid off!!! Debt paid off, debt free date 28/12/2020
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good morning and a happy Monday to all!

I started to tackle hubby's cardboard box hoarding today (he's one of those that thinks you need to keep the box for everything) and got rid of the box his drum kit came in. As you can imagine it was enormous! I've broken it up and it's in the recycling bin but there's no room for any more now until they empty that one in 3 weeks' time! I managed to get some of the polystyrene innards in the normal bin but not much as it's a much smaller bin but at least that gets emptied every other week. I also discovered a box which he's labelled as having an old games console and games in it but it's not been opened since we moved here 5 years ago so I'm going to try and persuade him to donate it to charity. Apparently there's a charity you can give stuff like this to and they provide them to children's wards in hospitals.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ginmonster wrote: »
    Good morning and a happy Monday to all!

I also discovered a box which he's labelled as having an old games console and games in it but it's not been opened since we moved here 5 years ago so I'm going to try and persuade him to donate it to charity. Apparently there's a charity you can give stuff like this to and they provide them to children's wards in hospitals.

Happy Monday to you too x

If possible would you be able to give the details on here of the charity please?. Sounds like an excellent idea to us. Hubby has a Play Station and some games which are all in excellent condition and he said that he would be happy to donate them to the charity. YAY!! That could be more items gone that have been collecting dust for a number of years now.icon14.gif

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Another 2 bags to the charity shop, some of it mine and some of it I was given a few weeks ago. That is 18/52. I cleared two shelves of books and clutter last night in my dining room and aim to do another one today. :D
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • SisterAnna
    SisterAnna Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hello everyone
    Been reading this thread for a while now and can definitely see how it gets everyone motivated so I would like to jump on board if that is ok. I know I am a bit late joining in as it is now March but I will get my skates on and try and make good progress with my decluttering. I have made a start over the weekend and so far have sorted the following out.

25 (yes 25) candle stubby bits in the bin.
    2 jumpers for clothing bank
    1 pair of expensive shoes to charity shop
    1 new t shirt to charity shop
    1 winter coat to charity shop

30 total for me
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edwink wrote: »
    Happy Monday to you too x

If possible would you be able to give the details on here of the charity please?. Sounds like an excellent idea to us. Hubby has a Play Station and some games which are all in excellent condition and he said that he would be happy to donate them to the charity. YAY!! That could be more items gone that have been collecting dust for a number of years now.icon14.gif

Edwink
    No problems - the charity is Get Well Gamers - http://getwellgamers.org.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family