IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement LTD Hospital Fine

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2017 at 8:40AM
    Dear {Text removed by MSE Forum Team},

John Gallagher at POPLA has agreed that 'within 28 days from the date of this notice' is not compliant with paragraph 8(2)f. So did the previous POPLA provider (I don't count the Wright Hassall 'conflict of interests' perceived horror show that the BPA 'provided' briefly, as they failed to act as if they were POPLA, contacted operators to fill in gaps in evidence - telling them what was needed - and their woeful decisions were never seen to be independent). London Councils POPLA and the current provider both agree that this wording is not POFA compliant.

In addition to confirming the 8(2)f failing - as you effectively just have - are you now going to try to tell me that this NTK 'can be seen to state' the other mandatory wording in the rest of paragraph 8 of Schedule 4? Please confirm this is the BPA's formal position, that you are actually trying to tell me from the BPA's official viewpoint, that CEL NTKs are POFA versions and that a debt collector is entitled to say a keeper is liable based on that piece of paper?

I will be passing this correspondence to the DCLG once you have confirmed the BPA's final position. This is a formal complaint and remains unresolved, each email being copied to the DVLA for their information.

yours
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • danmc1309
    danmc1309 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post
    Sent. Thanking you for your continued support Coupon-mad, i sense that you might actually be enjoying the thrill of the incompetence by this point :)
  • Coupon-mad
    I like these sort of 'dog with a bone' complaints...I am a woman of a certain middle age who never gives up on a complaint and hates to be fobbed off by rubbish.

Also, have you seen this thread?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5621226

I've just suggested in another complaint email to the BPA I just wrote tonight, that people might like to drop in the line: 'please don't skirt around the issue'!

:rotfl:
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    edited 12 April 2017 at 8:39AM
    Dear Xxxxx

Thank you for your reply.

This Notice to Keeper has been issued utilising POFA (2012) and contains the relevant information as outlined in Schedule 4 (8)2 of POFA.

As previously advised, there has not been a breach of the Code in this instance and this case has been closed.

Yours Sincerely,

{Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    AOS Investigations Team
    British Parking Association
    Email: aos@britishparking.co.uk
    Web: https://www.britishparking.co.uk
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    Their email replies are getting shorter each time :rotfl:
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 12 April 2017 at 8:39AM
    danmc1309 wrote: »
    Dear Xxxxx

Thank you for your reply.

This Notice to Keeper has been issued utilising POFA (2012) and contains the relevant information as outlined in Schedule 4 (8)2 of POFA.

As previously advised, there has not been a breach of the Code in this instance and this case has been closed.

Yours Sincerely,

{Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    AOS Investigations Team
    British Parking Association
    Email: aos@britishparking.co.uk
    Web: https://www.britishparking.co.uk

Thank you for confirming that the BPA do not check that paragraph 8 has been complied with and actually think that a CEL NTK is a POFA one. Even CEL don't think so!

I will now escalate this complaint to my MP and will be sending details to the Secretary of State for Transport, as a damning indictment of how the BPA has sunk to new depths in misleading consumers.
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    edited 28 March 2017 at 2:23PM
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Thank you for confirming that the BPA do not check that paragraph 8 has been complied with and actually think that a CEL NTK is a POFA one. Even CEL don't think so!

I will now escalate this complaint to my MP and will be sending details to the Secretary of State for Transport, as a damning indictment of how the BPA has sunk to new depths in misleading consumers.

Sent Coupon-mad

Judging from the way this has gone I'm guessing this case has become unusual in the fact that it has gone beyond this point?

Do you have details for who'm is next in line to receive this abuse?

Thanks again
  • danmc1309
    First Post
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Sorry to bother you again!
  • Coupon-mad
    It is no longer unusual for the BPA to fob people off, this is the calibre of their top man (until a month ago!):

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/patrick-troy-found-guilty-of-filming-up.html

You can now complain to your MP and the DCLG (Marcus Jones) and the Under-Secretary of State for transport (Andrew Jones) about this absurd response from the BPA about a PCN that even the parking firm know full well fails dismally to comply with the POFA (Schedule 4) but the BPA continue to protest too much. Also, this ex-clamper firm has sent an image of a blue bonnet but no VRN/registration so haven't even met the bar of showing the vehicle was at the location. You could also throw in that CEL are the company which issues 'revenge claims' when kicked off sites (e.g. they sued dozens of Co-op employees & customers as revenge when the Co-op realised how nasty CEL were and ended the contract).

Expect a claim from CEL and expect to easily see it off with no hearing, as per loads of others here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure