Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on your loss, gettingtheresometime.

Pretty kitties, mrsp. Have fun with them.

Saturday

Breakfast: ½ grapefruit, hexb toast with sardines in tomato sauce
    Lunch: banana (I wasn’t hungry after that breakfast!)
    Snack: wine gums (4) – and I turned down an offer from my son to buy me something at half time!
    Dinner: ½ chicken jalfrezi & rice (6)
    Snacks: hexa cheese and grapes

Syns used: 10 Syns saved: 5 Syns carried forward: 6 ½ Syns balance: 11½

Hi beanie! One of us is happy tonight – show me the way to Amarillo!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Prudent wrote: »
    Aww they are lovely. I think cats make a house a home. I have two cats and love them to bits. I also have a Renault Clio car so like your choice of names :D

We've got 4 now! Absolutely love them to bits!!
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been up since 6.30am :eek: , have been for a 15 min run and have stuck the slow cooker on with a beef casserole for tea tonight [yum] [looking forward to it already]. This colder weather is having a positive impact on my food choices as I have been buying more veg and seem to want to dig out my cookbooks and find varied recipes for casseroles and the like rather than stick to the same boring (unhealthy) food choices that I have been making.

I hope all are well. :j

As the countdown to the December date continues, I'm mindful that if I want my sparkly dress moment then I need to stop dithering and start eating better. I.e. actually start following the plan rather than do my version which involves far too many syns.

Anyhow, I'd be interested to know if you have done SW in conjunction with either Nutracheck, my fitness pal or Hairy Bikers which involve an element of calorie counting. I have had a taster of the Hairy Bikers paid membership site and it looks really motivational but not sure I can justify the membership fees. I like SW but part of me thinks I need to do something different to really motivate me.
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning,

MrsP, your new additions are gorgeous :T we're just sitting laughing laughing at our furbaby playing with a straw, his favourite toy!!

Good start to the day flateric :D there used to be a few people on here that did Myfitnesspal and SW together just to help control portion sizes not seen much about it recently. I find the constant weighing of things monotonous though..

Weightwatchers is kind of like SW now but with portion/calorie control built in. You can have certain veg/fruit for free and everything else is pointed. Is it worth a look for you if that's the sort of path you want to follow?

If you're on Facebook then check out NotNigella, she's just swapped over from SW to WW so compares the two plans. It's quite interesting.

Anyway I'll stop pushing people to the dark side :eek: :rotfl:

The butternut squash Macaroni cheese was a right faff last night, it tasted ok but too much effort for a bit of pasta! Won't be making it again.

we have the 'bowl' bits left of the bns that I roasted last night so making the taco 'jackets' out of one of the old magazines tonight to spice up a cold, wet, miserable day.

Menu for today
    B - gingerbread baked oats, Apple, yogurt
    L - ??
    T - bns taco mix, cheese(hea) wedges, salad
    S - melon, crisps (4)

Have a good day x
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• squishylove1989
    Options
    Hello all,

I know this thread is for Halloween and I've stumbled on it late in the game but I'm hoping I can still join in. I'm hoping to lose a minimum of 1 stone for Christmas. I've been really on plan this week and have lost a grand total of 0 so feeling a bit down on myself at the moment. Hoping to get lots of inspiration on here ☺️
    Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they are dealing with
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome to the thread squishy, hope you don't mind abbreviations! There'll be a new challenge starting in a couple of weeks I think, I don't actually do it myself as I'm at target.

Maman - I think the only difference to mine is the addition of cloves - can't stand them! Bad experience with them back in the early 80s when my DD1 cooked dinner for us & her then boyfriend - it was pork with cloves. The recipe said to stick a clove in it but she decided it looked lonely (LOL!) and studded it! It was so bad our mouths went numb and couldn't eat it.

Today's plan:

B - bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans
    L - smoked salmon, crabsticks, spinach, cucumber, beetroot, tomatoes, peppers, pickled onions, cornichons. Slice of crustless bread
    D - pork belly strips, roast potatoes, roasted onions, peppers & carrots, mashed swede & cabbage. 12 syns:eek:

HEA - milk
    HEB - 1 slice crustless; 1 Alpen Light choc & fudge probably
    Syns - pork belly strips (2 strips weigh 136 g and they're synned at 9 per 100g!)

Don't have pork belly very often but do love it.

Denise
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning. Oh what a calamity I have put a pound ON :mad: I had very little deviation from my menus The only things can think of are my Syns :eek:
    I am going to try and only have half of the 15 and see how it goes, at this rate I am going no where fast. Although yesterday I couldn't eat much as I didn't feel well, sickly and just had a spoonful and left it.
    So, this is my today's menu.E E day.

Breakfast. Oats so simple A/B blue berries ,strawberries.

Lunch.. Pea & bacon soup Ryvita 3 syns & a slice of lean ham.Apple.

Dinner.. roast beef york/ pud 3 Syns boiled pots mixed veg gravy 2syn

Extra f f yoghurt. Clementine x 2 Still feeling queasy :eek:
    Sorry I can't do red and Bold.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    Morning,

MrsP, your new additions are gorgeous :T we're just sitting laughing laughing at our furbaby playing with a straw, his favourite toy!!

Good start to the day flateric :D there used to be a few people on here that did Myfitnesspal and SW together just to help control portion sizes not seen much about it recently. I find the constant weighing of things monotonous though..

Weightwatchers is kind of like SW now but with portion/calorie control built in. You can have certain veg/fruit for free and everything else is pointed. Is it worth a look for you if that's the sort of path you want to follow?

If you're on Facebook then check out NotNigella, she's just swapped over from SW to WW so compares the two plans. It's quite interesting.

Anyway I'll stop pushing people to the dark side :eek: :rotfl:

I like the idea of doing something different but think that it will soon become tedious having to weigh and measure everything.
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    My SW consultant says that if you follow the plan and do the same thing in 2 different weeks then you should have the same weight loss. She also says that exercise won't give you a weight loss. I can see where she's coming from - I know you can't out exercise a bad diet but surely if I follow SW but do no exercise and I lose then if I ate the same things and did exercise in another week I should lose more?
    Anyway, I'm not 100% convinced that doing the same thing in 2 different weeks will lead to the same result. Our bodies are very complex things and as women we also have a lot more hormones floating around which is bound to affect something somewhere.
    Anyway, I suppose what I'm trying to say is if you have stuck to plan and gained, don't worry too much if it's a one-off because the human body is weird as a weird thing!!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your small gain wiz. You're probably OK with the syns you're confident about the values like Ryvita or a slice of bread but other bits could be creeping in. I wondered yesterday about that crumpet. Perhaps aim for 10 to give yourself a buffer.

Most days you seem to have extra bread for syns especially with soup. Why not try fried potatoes with your ham instead to fill you up. Tinned potatoes are excellent for this if you haven't any leftovers.

Hello all,

I know this thread is for Halloween and I've stumbled on it late in the game but I'm hoping I can still join in. I'm hoping to lose a minimum of 1 stone for Christmas. I've been really on plan this week and have lost a grand total of 0 so feeling a bit down on myself at the moment. Hoping to get lots of inspiration on here ☺️

You're very welcome to join us squishy and far better to join in now than wait until after Halloween. Your consultant will advise you on your meal plan but why not try posting your menus on here? You'll get really quick feedback. You need to get to the bottom of why you didn't lose after a week, very odd.

I just sprinkle about 3 whole cloves in each layer of the braised red cabbage so that would be about one per portion for the size of my casserole dish denise. Shame you've been put off, maybe just up the cinnamon and nutmeg instead or try an alternative like some mixed spice or ginger. I've portioned it up this morning and got 9 portions as it wasn't a very big cabbage. We'll have some today and the rest is in the freezer.

We're having HB steaks again today. Although we had them last Sunday, it's the easiest 'roast' meal to turn around after football's been moved to please the great god Sky:mad:. The meat's in the oven so will just need reheating on the hob. The veg is all prepped so when I get in about 7 p.m. it'll be on the table within the hour.

You did well yesterday greentiger but came so close to going top:(.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage, HEA milk
    L: either ham with veg or JP not decided yet
    D: HB steaks, roast potatoes and carrots, swede & carrot mash, red cabbage, cauli and broccoli
    Syns: squirt of syrup and weekend wine.:)

DH doesn't weigh the porage so I probably have extra syns in there. At least not as many as previously now there's an extra few grams allowed.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure