Change banks coop to citibank

Long question sorry. I hear that Citibank does not allow payments to online betting sites, this really appeals as I find it too easy to go and bet a pound or two, not being able to do so would be very very good. Is it a real pita to change banks though ? I'm retired, have a state pension and a couple of small other ones, a c/card with the coop and a few standing orders/dd payments.

Any help really welcome.

Thanks Roger

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The good news is that there is a standardised Current Account Switching Service which makes it very simple to switch from one bank to another, taking all inbound and outbound payments with you.

The bad news is that Citibank aren't members of the scheme: https://www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk/banksandbuildingsocieties/Pages/banks.aspx

The worse news is that Citibank only seem to offer expensive current accounts targeted at high-flying jet-setters who need multiple currencies....
  • rogertb
    rogertb Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh drat ... I'm no high flyer, I'll have to think again ...
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    rogertb wrote: »
    Long question sorry. I hear that Citibank does not allow payments to online betting sites, this really appeals as I find it too easy to go and bet a pound or two, not being able to do so would be very very good. Is it a real pita to change banks though ? I'm retired, have a state pension and a couple of small other ones, a c/card with the coop and a few standing orders/dd payments.

Any help really welcome.

Thanks Roger

You need to research it, but there is an opt out scheme you can sign up to - you effectively bar yourself from gambling. That can be for a short time, or indefinitely. I don't know a lot about it though.
    Try here http://responsiblegambling.galabingo.com/

Banks also offer debit cards to under 18s that won't allow payments to gambling sites, you could see if you can get that kind of card from your bank?

Disclaimer - I am NOT intending to suggest you have a problem with gambling - just flagging an opt out scheme :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure