PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy Christmas preppers, hope you didn't forget to buy anything.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • lillibet_dripping
    Options
    Have been AWOL for a while - busy moving house, down-sizing etc.

Just popping in to wish you all a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS and may the new year bring you all you wish for.

I have fallen off the OS wagon recently, but aim to climb right back on after the festivities are over - shove over and make room for a small one at the back.

Lilli
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon and Merry Christmas everyone.

Thought I'd pop in and share a couple of bargains I've picked up recently.

First one is an Energizer ue20001, 20000mAh Power Bank, which I got from Rymans, heavily discounted to £19-99. :cool:

Currently selling on Amazon for £28-49.

It's so powerful, it'll not just charge my Hudl, but will power it too.

The other bargain was a one off, from the discounted shelf at my local Asda.

It's a Sandisk, type 4, 64GB SDXC Card, which I got for just £4. :cool:

Found one on Amazon, for £12-99. :eek:
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lovely to "see" you, Lillibet and Bob!

Wishing you much happiness in your new home Lillibet!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Much to my amusement, the windup torch 'appeared' in my stocking!
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    I'm feeling much better today, thank you, ivyleaf! Went for a walk with DD1 yesterday afternoon, and the cool air seemed to clear my sinuses; I slept better & felt equal to doing battle with the turkey today. Relaxing & unwinding now; I hope everyone's had an enjoyable day.

Looks like we're in for a few days of - wintry - weather now. It was uncannily warm down here today & I got two loads of washing dry; not something I'd normally bother about on Christmas Day but you can have too much wet washing hanging about!
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just read the sad news about George Michael. 53 !!!!!!! Yesterday it was Rick Parfitt. Also this year, we've lost Prince, David Bowie, Caroline Aherne, Terry Wogan, Ronnie Corbett, Pete Burns, Victoria Wood and loads of others.

I'm wondering who's next.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Are you thinking "They must know something we don't know" jko?

Better keep us posted on those articles in the coming year - so we do know....(though, goodness knows, the headlines in the standard news media have been getting steadily worse for about the last 2 years...:().

Oh for the optimism of the 1960s - and even 1970s - that things were "gonna get better"...:cool:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Jko I know it's be a terrible year for famous people passing. Plus friends and family. And we still have 5 days to go until the end of the year!!!!!

I did want to start getting the greenhouse ready for early planting etc but with only having 3 days off ( a long weekend) shopping Saturday. At parents with family for Christmas day. And today had a nice lie in. By the time I catch up on housework etc don't think I will have time. Will be in bed early as up at 4.15am .
    Work to live= not live to work
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I may hit the sales at some point to replenish household essentials, but I have a list prepared in calmer moments (prepping and moneysaving) so it will be things I have identified as actually needing rather than getting carried away by the pace and bustle. Though that is unlikely - I hate the sales even more than I hate Christmas shopping. You can get good deals on household stuff but I would never look for clothes in the sales as I am in that range of sizes which always sells out well before the sales so anything left in my size is stuff no-one wants.
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure