Anyone used The Knowledge Academy?

Options
I'm considering obtaining a Prince2 qualification and have found an company called The Knowledge Academy who offer them. Has anyone had any experience with them? Thanks :)

Comments

• RoyOW
    RoyOW Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    We use QA qa.com for PRINCE2. They are first class - you might be able to get PRINCE2 at other companies, but QA has project management experts who will ensure that you can actually put it into practice when you get back to work. A colleague used their PRINCE2 eLearning a while ago and he said it was extremely good and he studied in his own time.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    Beware of newbies who join to sing the praises of an organisation!
  • saintjammyswine
    saintjammyswine Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    Options
    Just noticed that one! Sounds like they're GGRRRReat!
  • PoorCharleyBear
    Options
    I did it in Feb and can't remember who I went through, but the trainer was very thorough.

Most courses seem similar, and offer similar result levels, so it is almost a case of pick a company and go for it.
  • saintjammyswine
    saintjammyswine Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    Options
    check the aftercare available
    check success rates in both Foundation (should be 95%+) and Practitioner (likely 75%+) for a good centre
    check experience of tutors (should be still working in PM to keep skills up to date)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ^^^ A newbie dredging up a thread that's nearly 9 months old to promote a company = total spam.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • KatherineNicole
    Options
    What the hell! What's wrong if I answered a post which is 9 months old - the question is still valid and I have just expressed my thoughts about one provider in the present context. That's all! I am not asking you to believe what I have said. And what do you think - people should still act based on the year old content? Have you ever not come across similar queries over and over? Don't be a smart ...!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What the hell! What's wrong if I answered a post which is 9 months old - the question is still valid and I have just expressed my thoughts about one provider in the present context. That's all! I am not asking you to believe what I have said. And what do you think - people should still act based on the year old content? Have you ever not come across similar queries over and over? Don't be a smart ...!
    This is not about me being smart.

Most people start by posting a new thread / contribute to a current thread after lurking for some time. Your first post is neither of these, and is promotional. Hence spam.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • ftbBeccy
    Options
    I did an Agile course with Knowledge Academy last week and thought it was really good. The trainer was a full time employee of the company so they do not use subcontractors as said earlier.

You do need to take your own pen with you though as they don't waste your course money on branded stationary and fancy drinks machines - there's a kettle and a jar of coffee/tea bags. You get a proper workbook for the course though and personally I'd rather get a cheaper course than some post-it notes and a latte
  • Dean77
    Options
    My company has sent a few people to qa for prince2 but the trainers were inexperienced and the courses were overpriced. We also sent 1 person to projstudy who was trained by an instructor from India who lacked teaching experience and was difficult to understand. Also proj study did not provide him with a prince2 manual but gave him a used book which was written in on the course. We have been since using the knowledge academy who seem to have knowledgeable instructors and included books for the prince2 training course at a very good price. I would recommend the knowledge academy over the other companies.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback