Qcas

Soooo, we took a chance and decided to let HSBC steer us to their own conveyancer and they allocated us to QCAS. Did a little research and found this:
http://www.192.com/business/review/e967f6334ec042270cc2517dbbe6ab1932996752/comp/1/

So now my broker is arguing with HSBC (he's great) and we are just waiting to see whether they will allocate us a new solicitor or if I will go with my first decision and use my own. I would rather pay an extra £1,000 to have a competent conveyancer and from some of the reviews it looks like you end up paying more than you agreed anyway if you use these cowboys.

Anyone have any experience of QCAS or of getting HSBC to allocate a different firm?

Comments

• I didn't ask to be reallocated but in 2015 when I last sorted out the mortgage on my house through HSBC they used O'Neil Patient Solicitors and I had no problems with them whatsoever. In fact they were hugely responsive throughout.
  • OneInTheHat - that's good to know, thanks. I might mention their name for my broker to use and see if it's an option.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    edited 28 July 2017 at 12:01PM
    qcas recently sent emails to brokers basically saying we are too busy, do not call us.
    As you may be aware the remortgage industry is currently experiencing an unprecedented level of demand. We have seen a large increase in the volume of work and our service to our lender clients is being affected by the high level of calls from mortgage brokers requesting updates.

If you need information on the status of cases, please go to the LMS Casecheck website www.lms.com/casecheck
    In the short-term we have had to take the practical decision to prioritise calls and emails from borrowers, as customers of our clients, rather than those of brokers. However, as someone who is actively involved in the remortgage industry, we hope that you understand the situation and ask that you be patient whilst we focus on progressing cases. Please accept our apologies if your call or email is not answered as quickly as you would like, please be assured that the cases are being progressed proactively and in a timely manner.
    The following points should answer some of the questions that we are being asked most frequently by mortgage brokers:
    1) An acknowledgement email will be issued to the customer when the questionnaire pack is processed.
    2) We will endeavour to complete as soon as possible unless told otherwise and an email confirmation will be sent to your offices when a completion date is set and again when the remortgage has completed.
    3) If your query relates to completion please note that any surplus funds should be received into the customer’s nominated bank account by 6pm on the day of completion or the next business day.
    4) Please note that any certified copy proof of identification and address cannot be accepted via email so please kindly post the hard copies to 10 Wellington Place, Leeds, LS1 4AP.
    5) You will find our bank details at www.qcas.co.uk
    Thank you once again for your co-operation.
    Yours sincerely,
    QCAS
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Toonsy
    Toonsy Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just (or shoukd be on Monday) completed a remortgaged with QCAS as the conveyancer.

I found their communication non-existent and really worried about a lack of progress having read some reviews.

BUT....

The turn round time for the process was six weeks from instruction to completion and while I'm sure it could've been done quicker I don't think six weeks is overly long. I've heard of much longer processes.

So basically they got the job done and maybe their communication was shocking because they didn't need to really communicate with me much at all? What I will say is that for what feels like ages nothing happens according to the case tracker then suddenly a few steps will be complete then another period of quiet then more movement etc....
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A lot of the remaining large firms will be seeing a surge in business at the moment following a large number of lenders removing Breezeplus from their solicitor panels.
  • I am currently re-mortgaging my house. Have a fab broker at London & Country and a new deal was found with HSBC and that is where it has all fallen apart. QCas have been handling my application for the past 4 months!! It has basically taken so long all because someone incompetent there has spelt my name wrong! My name on the application therefore doesn't match that on my title deeds. You wouldn't believe the hoops I have had to jump through. Their communication is appalling and there have been times when I have waited 8 days for a response to an email I sent!!! My interest rate on my fixed deal existing mortgage has now risen as the fixed deal expired on 30/9 and I am now being told my new mortgage should complete on 14/10 leaving me out of pocket when I am desperately trying to overpay ever spare penny I have.
    Once the money is in place I am going to complain as I have never received such poor customer service as I have from Qcas. :mad:
  • ACG
    I am currently re-mortgaging my house. Have a fab broker at London & Country and a new deal was found with HSBC and that is where it has all fallen apart. QCas have been handling my application for the past 4 months!! It has basically taken so long all because someone incompetent there has spelt my name wrong! My name on the application therefore doesn't match that on my title deeds. You wouldn't believe the hoops I have had to jump through. Their communication is appalling and there have been times when I have waited 8 days for a response to an email I sent!!! My interest rate on my fixed deal existing mortgage has now risen as the fixed deal expired on 30/9 and I am now being told my new mortgage should complete on 14/10 leaving me out of pocket when I am desperately trying to overpay ever spare penny I have.
    Once the money is in place I am going to complain as I have never received such poor customer service as I have from Qcas. :mad:
    The advisor at L&C would have keyed your application. That would mean the issues were caused by L&C?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thanks for your response ACG. I thought this first off about L&C but when I thought about it some more and double checked, the application I filled out by hand was scanned and emailed direct to QCAS so it is definitely them. Besides the name thing, their response to emails/messages left and enquiries is terrible.
  • ACG
    Wouldnt QCAS use the Mortgage offer they received from the lender to work from though?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure