Nationwide - final checks with underwriter

Options
Is this standard procedure? There's been a lot of back and forwards, needing additional paperwork etc which is fine but the longer it's going on the more I'm thinking there's an issue (which sounds bloody ridiculous when I type it out) DIP was 16/08 full application went in a week after. Broker rang to let us know it was at the final checks with the underwriter and we should know by next week.

How likely are we to get declined at this stage? They've already came back around 2 weeks ago and said they could only offer a figure of £4K less which we have sorted between the seller and ourselves.

Comments

• Jkbc90
    Jkbc90 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Also when they came back with the new figure they also had a better deal with lower interest so I'm hoping thats a good sign?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jkbc90 wrote: »
    DIP was 16/08 full application went in a week after.

Last year? Or a typo.
  • Jkbc90
    Options
    Sorry 16/08/17 (16th June)
  • Jkbc90
    Options
    Oh my god 16/06/17, I'm losing my mind haha
  • BattleToads
    BattleToads Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    When I applied direct with Nationwide I received an email saying it had been passed on for full assessment with the underwriters. I queried this to ask if it was normal and had that meant that the underwriters had not looked at it until this point. To which I was told yes it was normal and the underwriters had already been looking this was just the next step. It sounds like this might be where your application is now?

Given the £4k offer difference on your case I assume if it was going to be a no they would of already said.
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    I've just recently had my mortgage with Nationwide, there was a lot of additional paperwork needed, each taking days to get looked at.

Don't worry too much, if they're asking for documents then they're seriously considering offering you a mortgage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure