Eon smart gas meter displaying kwh

2»

Comments

• molerat wrote: »
    The volume correction factor of 1.02264 is a constant

So it is. I thought the whole point of the VCF was to account for geographical variations, but it's "to ensure that gas suppliers charged for gas in the same way as they had been charged for the transportation of gas". It would be simpler if they just incorporated it, like they did up until 1997.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,055
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Agree press 9 once and use that number for m3.

My MIL has these and they are fine in Smart mode but dreadful to read
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Thank you all so much. I pressed 9 and hey presto it gives me the reading in M3.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    If you ever want to know what the rest of the buttons do, there is a guide for that model of meter here:

http://utilita.co.uk/downloads/SMET-User-Guide-DUAL-FUEL.pdf

Shame E.ON don't offer something similar but there you go.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • K.S.
    K.S. Posts: 78 Forumite
    if you ever switch from EON make sure they send the m3 reading to your new supplier, not KWH, as i'm still trying to get my problem sorted where the new supplier has taken the kwh reading and misjudged it as m3... thus way way overestimating my gas usage
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can someone explain to me how the meter can give a kWh reading if it doesn't know what average CV factor to apply?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    @macman
    On smart meters, the display has a hard code CV value(fixed value for all that type of meter) to give the home owner an idea of how much gas has been used in kWh and £'s. It is not the true CV value but just there for a feel good factor as home owners were promised that the meter would tell them how much they were spending.
    The meters still use the m3 volume to send to the supplier to calculate the real cost of energy used.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure