Sponsored student and tuition loans

Hi all, I am fortunate enough to be starting uni in September as a sponsored student and my employer will be paying my tuition fees by transferring me the cash to pay the uni fees. I have been advised to still apply for a tuition loan and then bank the employer's cash. the idea is that I will get interest on the cash that will outweigh the costs of the loan - and make me a profit. Is this feasible? I haven't noticed any ISA's etc that would appear to outperform the interest charged on a loan? Obviously I don't want to end up being worse off.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 June 2017 at 8:05AM
    CamBo wrote: »
    Hi all, I am fortunate enough to be starting uni in September as a sponsored student and my employer will be paying my tuition fees by transferring me the cash to pay the uni fees. I have been advised to still apply for a tuition loan and then bank the employer's cash. the idea is that I will get interest on the cash that will outweigh the costs of the loan - and make me a profit. Is this feasible? I haven't noticed any ISA's etc that would appear to outperform the interest charged on a loan? Obviously I don't want to end up being worse off.

If you fancy being fired for gross misconduct when your employer finds out go for it.
  • CamBo
    CamBo Posts: 2 Newbie
    Unlikely, seeing as it was their idea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills